NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

Right the whole point is they know each other. They know each other and that's why the number for Vision Ministries number listed is to Bittrolff. Not sure what else your looking for...I thought you were implying Vision Ministries randomly got the same number as Bittrolff when they created Vision Ministries. Nope you agree they know each other, so there you go, Bittrolff are clearly connected w VMOA you said it yourself.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. There is a definite link of the Bittrolff family to a charity that's mission was to rescue homeless and or pregnant at risk women off the streets of NY. That charity, just like JB and his construction company, has virtually no marketing or history of significant business activity. It leads some of us to believe that this may just be another scam charity (a shell or a front)or a place where JB can either present another example of a clean cut image or maybe find a source of new victims.

For all anyone knows, if any of the above is true, JB may have used PL without her knowledge...playing on her obvious religious beliefs and a desire to help others. Or she is a con artist, too. We don't know either way.

What we do know is that JB and his business are like ghosts on the internet yet he was described as being, "like the mayor of Manorville."

Right the whole point is they know each other. They know each other and that's why the number for Vision Ministries number listed is to Bittrolff. Not sure what else your looking for...I thought you were implying Vision Ministries randomly got the same number as Bittrolff when they created Vision Ministries. Nope you agree they know each other, so there you go, Bittrolff are clearly connected w VMOA you said it yourself.

I most definitely did not say that JB is connected to VMOA!!

I said that I tried to find a connection and could not. The ONLY thing linking them is that phone number which is no longer connected to VMOA. (Read my previous posts.)

IMO, either:
1. The Bittrolff's got assigned the old VMOA number, and there is no connection whatsoever.
2. PAB, having experience of registering businesses, helped PL file and that is why her number comes up.
3. There IS a solid connection, but it's yet to be found. Where is the smoking gun that points to JB or PAB being involved??

Additionally, LiLo was trying to connect VMOA to Sugar Bear and THAT is a huge stretch, IMHO.

Look, this is what it comes down to for me...

It's very curios that the Bittrolff's number comes up on some old web listings for a religious "charity." JB's family knows the L family, and JB's family appears to be fairly religious. It would absolutely make sense in a creepy SK kind of way if he was somehow involved with VMOA. and THAT is why I did so much work trying to find a solid connection. But I couldn't find one. So without definitive proof, I'm not willing to speculate on it. That's all I'm saying. You can't pass off pseudo connections as proof.

1. They randomly got assigned the same number as someone they know? Is that a reasonable probability?
2. If PAB helped register vmoa & used her number as the contact, that is a clear enough connection for me.
3. I agree with you there is a missing piece to the puzzle

I dont see any connection with vmoa to sugar bear, only that the same address (which could be an address used in scams) had a dwi bmw manager and sugar bear was last seen getting into a bmw.

Looks like our boy Bittrolff was in court yesterday. (Or maybe just his lawyer?) This is the email I received from eTrack. Sorry, I didn't mark the red parts, but you'll note that the updates parts are labeled. Can anyone figure out what this might have been about?

Case Number: 01701-2014
The following case which you have subscribed to in eTrack has been updated. Changes from the last update are shown in red and are annotated.

Court: Suffolk County Court - Criminal Term
Case Number: 01701-2014
Summons/Ticket Number:
Defendant: Bittrolff, John M
Defendant Status: VFO
Arrest Date: July 21, 2014 06:32
Incident Date: November 2, 1993 12:00
Criminal Justice Tracking Number: 66719900K
NYSID Number: 5003922Q
Arrest Number: 020981-14 --- Information updated
Issuing Officer Agency: SCPD
Issuing Officer Command:

Defense Attorney: Keahon, William
Attorney Type: Private (Retained)
Assignment Date: July 31, 2014

Assistant District Attorney: Biancavilla, R
Assignment Date: July 24, 2014

Last Appearance: 08/21/2014 --- Information updated
Part: 5 --- Information updated
Judge: Ambro, Richard --- Information updated
Calendar Section: TRIALS AM --- Information updated
Arraignment / Hearing Type: No Type --- Information updated
Court Reporter: Urban, --- Information updated
Outcome / Release Status: Adjourned / Remanded --- Information updated

Next Appearance: 09/24/2014 --- Information updated
Part: 5
Judge: Ambro, Richard
Calendar Section: CONFERENCES
Arraignment / Hearing Type: No Type

Older appearances may exist but are not shown.

Charges:
PL 125.25 01 Murder: Intention ** TOP CHARGE**
A Felony, 1 count, Arrest charge, Arraignment charge
Disposition/Sentence:

PL 125.25 01 Murder: Intention
A Felony, 1 count, Arrest charge, Arraignment charge
Disposition/Sentence:

Docket Sentence:

Maybe a bond hearing or something like that? I dunno...I can never make heads nor tails out of court docs.

Maybe a bond hearing or something like that? I dunno...I can never make heads nor tails out of court docs.

I tried to look up what "Calendar Section: Trials" means, but it seemed like everything I found suggested that meant THE actual trial. So, clearly, I'm missing something!

I'd love to know, though! Because, however small the step, this case moved forward one way or another.

It looks like they simply set the next court date. He remains remanded to custody. So, there was still no bond or bail stipilated, for now.

Attorney Information
Defense Attorney

Name:Keahon, William
Type:private (Retained)
Court Date:July 31, 2014
Court Part:5
Phone:000 - 000 - 0000

Assistant District Attorney

Name:Biancavilla, R
Assigned:July 24, 2014

Next Appearance

Date:September 24, 2014
Court:Suffolk County Court - Criminal Term
Judge:Ambro, Richard
Part:5

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/we...cordType=C&recordNum=6Oqm7mRcq1TJGDhswZqbzA==

This is the third judge and he is the one who presided over the grand jury.

Appearances to date:
Case Details - Appearances
Case Information Court Suffolk County Court - Criminal Term
Case # 01701-2014
Defendant Bittrolff, John M
Date/
Part Judge Calendar
Section Arraignment/
Hearing Type Court
Reporter Outcome/
Release Status
09/24/2014
5 Ambro, Richard CONFERENCES No Type

08/21/2014
5 Ambro, Richard TRIALS AM No Type Urban,
Adjourned
Remanded

07/31/2014
4 Toomey, J MISCELLANEOUS Regular Dixon,
Pled Not Guilty
Remanded

07/29/2014
7 Hudson, J MISCELLANEOUS Not Arraigned Gordon,
Adjourned
Remanded

07/24/2014
GRAND JURY Ambro, Richard MISCELLANEOUS No Type
True Bill
Remanded
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/we...cordType=C&recordNum=6Oqm7mRcq1TJGDhswZqbzA==

I still see that number on the Vision Ministries website. So Open Arms had that number, then it cancels the phone, Bittrolff signs up a new phone and randomly gets the same number as a fellow William Floyd Alumni? And the house that vision Ministries is registered to is straight down Silas Carter right by Sunrise Highway? Sorry your defying logic with that explanation....then again Mr Bittrolff is allowed a mass amount of impossible coincidences because as a serial killer of prostitutes he is just above suspicion. :lamb:

It's highly likely, since he probably signed up for the phone in the area in which he lives. I don't think William Floyd is a tiny little school. There are currently over 3000 students enrolled in just the high school alone. It would have been quite remarkable if we were talking about a small place.

http://www.city-data.com/school/william-floyd-high-school-ny.html

What we do know is that JB and his business are like ghosts on the internet yet he was described as being, "like the mayor of Manorville."

I am certainly not in the league of sleuthers among the present company, and wouldn't even know where to begin, but, wouldn't JB have been licensed and insured? Wouldn't he have had to pull permits? Who were his "references"? Are there receipts somewhere? I would want to know, for example, did he ever do a job at Oak Beach?

And, on a separate issue, a hypothetical question:
Did CPH, knowing he did not make the calls, and initially telling the truth, then change his story after finding out who really did (as a cover?)

IMHO

I am certainly not in the league of sleuthers among the present company, and wouldn't even know where to begin, but, wouldn't JB have been licensed and insured? Wouldn't he have had to pull permits? Who were his "references"? Are there receipts somewhere? I would want to know, for example, did he ever do a job at Oak Beach?

Did CPH, knowing he did not make the calls, and initially telling the truth, then change his story after finding out who really did (as a cover?)

IMHO

Excellent point about the permits and insurance. Yes, I would agree with you that he'd have to be licensed and bonded.

IMHO

I keep thinking Hackett made the call but he was being coached with someone standing right next to him with the phone on speaker, someone like Bittrolff, or SY or missing link from VMOA...someone who IS involved with a "home for wayward"

I keep thinking Hackett made the call but he was being coached with someone standing right next to him with the phone on speaker, someone like Bittrolff, or SY or missing link from VMOA...someone who IS involved with a "home for wayward"

The problem, to me. with all these type of theories is that there'd be some type of connection between the players in their phone records that the police would have jumped on. Since they've been "cleared", or "not considered suspects", CPH in particular, I can't see them being viable.

snip wouldn't JB have been licensed and insured? Wouldn't he have had to pull permits? Who were his "references"? Are there receipts somewhere? I would want to know, for example, did he ever do a job at Oak Beach? snip

In my state it is the homeowner's responsibility to obtain a permit not the contractor, but some contractors will pull the permit if you want them to. I tell them you're doing the job you pull the permit. I've found that one man operations many times will not have insurance. I always ask for a certificate of insurance which you can only get directly from their insurance company. Larger, reputable companies most likely have insurance. If he was insured I don't think it would be public information. He could have mainly been a subcontractor for other contractors. Licensing would be through the state and public info, I believe. I think I recall seeing a dun & bradstreet web page on his company and I think the listed income for his company was not over 100k but I don't know if what you see on the web is accurate.

The problem, to me. with all these type of theories is that there'd be some type of connection between the players in their phone records that the police would have jumped on. Since they've been "cleared", or "not considered suspects", CPH in particular, I can't see them being viable.

If theories are no good than just go with the simplest explanation...Hackett made the call claiming he ran a home for wayward girls that shannan stayed and then left with her driver in the morning.

If theories are no good than just go with the simplest explanation...Hackett made the call claiming he ran a home for wayward girls that shannan stayed and then left with her driver in the morning.

Quote:
Alex Diaz first called Michael Pak, who seemed surprised. “She’s not home with you?”
Unquote

Lost Girls a must read.

Emre I wonder if there is a connection between Pak and Sugar Bear. Lets look at the guy with the criminal record for human trafficking and who Shannan WAS running from. The fact that Pak was willing to drive out there so late at night shows he probably familiar with OP. Plus add to that one asian male plus one asian female at lattington. Pak got so little focus compared to Dr hackett.

Anyone remember the SY usasexguide post? SY was essentially hosting prostitution in a hotel room in Thailand was it? Then hawk says Burke and Spota took a trip to bangkok? Starting to understand why the case isnt solved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618
Back