IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do planes still fly over the corn fields looking for marijuana grows this time of year? Not sure if they still use that many resources with it becoming more acceptable.

Good question. I have no idea! I got the impression that pot isn't as big of a problem down here vs. meth. It's very possible the planes are buzzing around for other reasons. There has been A LOT of activity today, though, so I assume some of it has to do with KK. There is at least one person who has donated his plane and time to do searches. They are gearing up for another big search this weekend with the professional search team.

I have thought this as well. Maybe someone at ss parking lot asked her for a ride home.

I'm with you on most of this. I keep coming back to SS bar or the dispute. SS is not the most savory place to be, even early in the evening. I can't imagine what's going on there at 2 am. I know she never made it inside SS, but I just wonder if something happened in the parking lot? The only thing that doesn't work for me with this scenario is that she took off without telling the bartender at VFW she was going ahead without her. The only way her leaving without saying something to the VFW bartender makes sense to me is that she got tired of waiting on the girl to write up deposit slips in the back and decided to go home because it was getting so late and she had to work the next morning. I thought of myself in that situation and if someone was back in the office and I had waited a really long time and was getting super tired, and I was uncomfortable going behind the counter or back to the office to find the person, I might get annoyed and leave.

Or, she was forced to leave, which seems a long shot.

The dispute bothers me. I don't fight with my friends, and if I did it wouldn't be in public. Although I expect a little of this sort of thing from very young people, Kristy is a divorced mother of two who is approaching her 30s. She isn't a teenager. Having a verbal altercation of any sort in public with the friends you are out having a good time with seems really strange to me.

If in fact her car is in one of these lakes/stripper pits (which is what I suspect), I don't know how they are going to locate it unless they get some sonar in here or something to help them narrow it down. So far, I've seen zero indication of them considering that, or even if it is possible, but I might just not be informed on that front.

I wonder how close of friends she was with bartender. Did they text each other and if so, did the bartender text her asking why she left? These questions only the cops will know at this point. I hope they did a complete forensics on the phone since deleted texts etc. can also be recovered. I'm sure they know this and have. Just talking off top of my head.

Hoping the planes are out looking for her car/her. While I don't always feel they're super effective in lost person recovery/discovery I do think that they can be a HUGE help in find a car, which obviously is much larger and easier to spot. Though if it's wooded, then a whole lot of carefully organized passes over any one area will be required to actually cover it well. It's amazing how much a tree canopy covers up.

Totally. Why don't they trust us? I can keep a secret! :angel:

Me too! :angel2:All I would do is share every single tiny morsel of info with you all...discuss and analyze every possibility in detail...and lay out my every suggestion and idea...oh, wait. No, I can't be trusted.

:hilarious:

Which "professional search team" is helping with the search this weekend?

tia

Hoping the planes are out looking for her car/her. While I don't always feel they're super effective in lost person recovery/discovery I do think that they can be a HUGE help in find a car, which obviously is much larger and easier to spot. Though if it's wooded, then a whole lot of carefully organized passes over any one area will be required to actually cover it well. It's amazing how much a tree canopy covers up.

But a silver-colored SUV is a little encouraging, in terms of reflecting/being a little easier to spot, yes?

Only the not saying good-be part worries me the most. That seems the most eerie to me.

If she had said good-bye and then disappeared, I would assume an accident. But not saying good-bye and then disappearing, that leaves more questions about the scenario.

Yes, I could not agree more. That aspect is just so strange to me...the bartender (poor woman) is the #1 person I would want to talk to...she was the last one to talk to Kristy, so I would think she would have the best sense of Kristy's mindset -- and just overall have the understanding of what went on that evening. I still can't wrap my mind around Kristy sitting at a bar and waiting on her friend -- then just taking off without a word.

Which "professional search team" is helping with the search this weekend?

tia

All I know is that it is a group of people out of Louisville, KY that have trained with Equusearch in Texas. I guess they are bringing dogs with them, or so someone stated on the FB page today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled