IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would an underwater drone do something different than sonar? Do they even exist? Never mind....they do. I googled.

Always remember "Google is your friend." LOL

I had read they did side scan sonar and aerial drones but not underwater drones.

I had read they did side scan sonar and aerial drones but not underwater drones.

LOL. I could not LIVE without google. I can't tell you the number of times it's kept me from looking completely stupid. ;)

This is very interesting....I never even realized that there were underwater drones, much less what they can do. Having said that, I keep up with this case more than any other and I haven't heard of any underwater drones being used. Just regular drones.

You know, Google IS your friend. It really is...I hate it sometimes, but picture life without Google. We have to move forward...

I had read that a former employee was talking about how dark it was and felt unsafe and would set the alarm and run to the car without looking so she could be locked up fast in her car for safety sake.

I had read that a former employee was talking about how dark it was and felt unsafe and would set the alarm and run to the car without looking so she could be locked up fast in her car for safety sake.

So they probably do have an alarm then! Glad you saw that! :)

Sent from my iPhone

Okay, you obviously mean a former VFW employee with knowledge...good to know.

And can someone tell me...sorry to be a bother (says Pooh Bear), but I cannot find info about the windows in the VFW, and I never got reflections on this when I asked previously -- were there any windows that could be seen from the bar? I am thinking practically, in terms of a vehicle pulling up and headlights being seen from the bar...

imho, y'all need to go to Google maps, drop this coord in search box 38.043650, -87.259648 hit the little magnify glass, and you will see where the VFW is and get a feel for that immediate area
Zoom in and look around, you can pull little yellow Mr Google over to the street too and walk around...get familiar with how you can utilize the map features...you think google map is fun, download google earth and take dramamine
we aren't talking about a building in a metro area, surrounded by businesses, alleyways and lots of places to hide

Thank you so much sreshowtime, this certainly does not look like a random place that someone would look for a random female to be passing by. IF she was abducted here, which I think has not been proven.

imho, y'all need to go to Google maps, drop this coord in search box 38.043650, -87.259648 hit the little magnify glass, and you will see where the VFW is and get a feel for that immediate area
Zoom in and look around, you can pull little yellow Mr Google over to the street too and walk around...get familiar with how you can utilize the map features...you think google map is fun, download google earth and take dramamine
we aren't talking about a building in a metro area, surrounded by businesses, alleyways and lots of places to hide

Now my mind is going in weird directions...but thanks. I need to expand my thinking...

I made a google case map. The link is in the opening post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10907563

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z_2Z3pe8fjYo.k9GrvZhtoDd4

That was discussed early on. Seems like tinted windows you could see out but hard to see in? I think also thread 1

I said once before that from the White House to small-town America law enforcement, leaks gets out. There is nothing being said to the public; even generic information, because they have absolutely no information to give. I understand some feel the police know more than they are saying, but from the profound lack of gossip; from leaks, our police do not have a clue... not at all. It is going to take harvesting here in a few weeks for something to, hopefully, be found.

Exactly. Either the person responsible for Kristy's disappearance got rid of the SUV at a point where he or she could have walked back to his or her vehicle, or, the person would have walked a long way and hid when cars went by, or, called for a ride. If the latter is the case, then yet, someone knows something. I personally believe that someone made advances at her, she rebuffed, and things got out-of-hand, and the rape led to death. But, I am also leaning toward an accident, too. If she had been drinking, she could have gone off somewhere. But our county has been searched several times; granted, not all places, like private property, has been checked. So, accident could still be a real possibility since the SUV has not been found.

if this was a "known" perp then here are my thoughts-

I hope LE has drawn a circle out from the VFW/Last camera sighting that would be indicative of how a perp could get rid of that car before daylight. The assault/event would take some time, clean up of area maybe, panic,thinking time, then the actual get rid of the car/body. So if dawn arrives around 6ish and she was last seen around 2ish I would think the car would have to be dealt with from between 330ish to 6 ish. Not a lot of time to dispose of a car. And if this is the way it went down then someone was out longer than expected that night. And maybe someones SO knows this to be a fact and is not talking.
Not sure why they waited 30 days to start searching waterways. Theres only so many means to make an SUV disappear. But with Fall upon us perhaps a hunter will find evidence just like in so many other cases.

And, yes, why 30 days to search water with sonar? The police should have done that from day one. To us, it is negligent that they did not search all waterways sooner. Even the Ohio River from where a straight line could be made from VFW to the Ohio River. If you look at Google Maps, you can see there are several county roads that lead straight from the VFW to the Ohio River. Shame on the sheriff for not doing that sooner. And, if he has done that, why NOT let that be known??

Exactly. Either the person responsible for Kristy's disappearance got rid of the SUV at a point where he or she could have walked back to his or her vehicle, or, the person would have walked a long way and hid when cars went by, or, called for a ride. If the latter is the case, then yet, someone knows something. I personally believe that someone made advances at her, she rebuffed, and things got out-of-hand, and the rape led to death. But, I am also leaning toward an accident, too. If she had been drinking, she could have gone off somewhere. But our county has been searched several times; granted, not all places, like private property, has been checked. So, accident could still be a real possibility since the SUV has not been found.

Maps are NOT our friends. Maps are evil!

Yup, I agree. I was born with a broken compass, so maps are a challenge for me. I have tried a few times to make one, and I can not. I gave up and left it up to someone who likes to make them, knows how to make them and understand them enough to make them. That ain't me. I stalk Eagles anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl