IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this. I had forgotten about this interview. Seems our sheriff is taking the cleaning person's word as gospel, and has ruled cleaning person out. Not sure if that is good.

This interview is "old news" (dated Aug. 19), but it had some tidbits of info in it that were new to me...it's an interview NG did with Todd Scales (Kristy's father) and the local sheriff.

If you click on this link (below), you should see the video there to play. I listened to the whole thing, but for me, it is at about the "6.00" time mark that NG asks the sheriff who was still in the VFW after-hours (he says cleaning person) and NG then asks how long after Kristy had supposedly left that the cleaning person was still there, in regard to IF Kristy did come back to retrieve her cellphone...it is just nothing I had heard before coming from the sheriff, so I was interested to hear that...also a few tidbits on this link about the time sequence and travel to home and cellphone reflections.

Anyway, FWIW, sharing (though many of you probably already saw this):
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/18/kristy-kelly-missing-mother-indiana

***Note: The video did not immediately come up when I clicked on the page. I had to wait for about 30 seconds or so, and then it popped up.

And if our sheriff does not have sonar resources, then why on Earth would he not have asked for that resource from elsewhere? No excuse for that. That poor girl needed all these resource volunteer equipment from day one. NOT 30 days later! This is a missing human being. Law enforcement has full discretion to declare a missing adult as "endangered" from the start. They conduct interviews with family and friends, and then they "can," if they "choose" to declare the missing adult as endangered. That means they could have requested all kinds of resources from the beginning. So, the, "she could have left on her own," position is irrelevant. Our sheriff could have declared her as endangered. Especially since she had been drinking, and could have gone somewhere other than home; which would have been a route with no rural elements, but just the same, if she had gone off the road somewhere rural, then resources could have been requested then; not 30 days later! And, the police are not even the ones asking for these volunteers with resources. These volunteers are asking to come and help. God bless them for doing so.

And, yes, why 30 days to search water with sonar? The police should have done that from day one. To us, it is negligent that they did not search all waterways sooner. Even the Ohio River from where a straight line could be made from VFW to the Ohio River. If you look at Google Maps, you can see there are several county roads that lead straight from the VFW to the Ohio River. Shame on the sheriff for not doing that sooner. And, if he has done that, why NOT let that be known??

Yup, I agree. I was born with a broken compass, so maps are a challenge for me. I have tried a few times to make one, and I can not. I gave up and left it up to someone who likes to make them, knows how to make them and understand them enough to make them. That ain't me. I stalk Eagles anyway. :p

You stalk eagles because you are a natural-born animal researcher.

And directions should go like this:
1) Turn right out of your home and drive until you see the first red barn...then turn right
2) Keep driving until you see eight Holstein cows on the right -- and turn left on the first stoplight after the cows...

You know...like that. Those are good directions! :cow:

was curious as to what the Indiana Code stated regarding missing persons for edification purposes ...

Indiana Code
Chapter 17. Missing Persons
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title5/ar2/ch17.html
http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/indiana/in-code/indiana_code_12-7-2-131-3

snipped & BBM
Sec. 131.3. “Missing endangered adult”, for purposes of IC 12-10-18, means an individual at least eighteen (18) years of age who is reported missing to a law enforcement agency and is, or is believed to be:
(1) a temporary or permanent resident of Indiana;
(2) at a location that cannot be determined by an individual familiar with the missing individual; and
(3) incapable of returning to the missing individual’s residence without assistance by reason of:
(A) mental illness;
(B) mental retardation;
(C) dementia; or
(D) another physical or mental incapacity of managing or directing the management of the individual’s property or providing or directing the provision of self-care.

LE has not said anyone was ruled out, right? So they may be looking at bar employees, etc but what can they do if they have not found anything?

You stalk eagles because you are a natural-born animal researcher.

And directions should go like this:
1) Turn right out of your home and drive until you see the first red barn...then turn right
2) Keep driving until you see eight Holstein cows on the right -- and turn left on the first stoplight after the cows...

You know...like that. Those are good directions! :cow:

I live in a metropolitan suburb. So for me it's make a right out your driveway, go through the stop sign, make a right at the second stop sign, go straight until you get to the freeway. Make a right if you want to go south or a left if you want to go north. Stay on the freeway til it ends. LOL Now those are good directions. No lane changes, no transition roads, nothing. Straight and narrow only I never want to go that way.

I live in a metropolitan suburb. So for me it's make a right out your driveway, go through the stop sign, make a right at the second stop sign, go straight until you get to the freeway. Make a right if you want to go south or a left if you want to go north. Stay on the freeway til it ends. LOL Now those are good directions. No lane changes, no transition roads, nothing. Straight and narrow only I never want to go that way.

Yeah, me too -- I don't live in the country. But the cow and barn directions sound so much cuter.;) I am seriously directionally challenged though, no kidding.

Thanks for sharing this. I had forgotten about this interview. Seems our sheriff is taking the cleaning person's word as gospel, and has ruled cleaning person out. Not sure if that is good.

Where has the sheriff said that he has ruled the cleaning person out? Or any of the VFW employees, for that matter?

Where has the sheriff said that he has ruled the cleaning person out? Or any of the VFW employees, for that matter?

No, I do not think "Warrick" is saying that overall...just referring to what the sheriff said in the NG interview, if you click on that...the sheriff just makes a statement about the cleaning person and doesn't say anything regarding anyone else. So it's hard to know...and I don't think we will know what the sheriff knows, nor do I necessarily think we should. It's just all part of the investigative process...

Ok, someone wanna check the date on the google image, cuz almost certainly it is more than a year old. Let's check here.

Though, they probably should take a look to verify that it's nothing connected to an old case...

well if you go back and listen carefully to that interview the sheriff kinda became tight lipped when Nancy questioned him about the employee at the VFW. he was very wordy before but then it became kinda one word answers to her questions. JMO

No leaves on the trees tells me early this year. Will turn it in though in case it is connected to another case.

I said once before that from the White House to small-town America law enforcement, leaks gets out. There is nothing being said to the public; even generic information, because they have absolutely no information to give. I understand some feel the police know more than they are saying, but from the profound lack of gossip; from leaks, our police do not have a clue... not at all. It is going to take harvesting here in a few weeks for something to, hopefully, be found.

I have heard gossip - some of it indirectly from LE, they know much more than they are telling us. Besides if she disappeared in the city of Boonville, why do you want to tar & feather the Sheriff? Maybe you should consider the Police Chief, Mayor or even State Police???

Ok, someone wanna check the date on the google image, cuz almost certainly it is more than a year old. Let's check here.

I am confused about how that map is labeled. Who determined that is a submerged vehicle?

If her car is on private property LE have to have probable cause to execute a search warrant.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well that -- that could be significant to the disappearance of Kristy Kelley. We are talking to now exclusively, Kathy

Scales, the mother of this missing woman, Kristy Kelley, who is a mother two of children. I am so sorry that you`re going through this hellish

experience. Your beautiful daughter is missing.

She was in this bar with her friends. She went with a couple, VFW Bar. The couple left, she was talking to the bartender and the manager. They

were the only ones there except for an older man who cleans up at the end of the evening.

Tell us the order in which people left because that was the last place she was seen.

KATHY SCALES, MOTHER OF KRISTY KELLEY: From what I`ve been told, you know, I`m not definite on everything, but from what I understand, the couple had

left maybe like an hour before she had left. She was just sitting there at the bar chitchatting with the -- her friend the bartender. The bartender

had to go back and kind of learn how to fill out deposit slips, so when she come back in, she noticed Kristy wasn`t at the bar -- didn`t really think

much of it. And then I believe when she come back after she finished up, Kristy was still gone. She went out in the parking lot, checked in, her

vehicle was also gone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you`ve given us one important piece of information, the bartender is a female. So right there, statistically anyway that

this entire story has been disputed by the person in question. So what gives?where did the mother get this story from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member