VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Just saw this in one of the more recent posts. I wish I knew what Jesse Matthew's Facebook page was. If we could find photos of his, we might be able to find places he has been, which might help people figure out places to look for Hannah. I believe since he is a named suspect, finding such things are inline with WS etiquette.

further down, the article says this:
"Matthew, who had a taxi permit from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles from 2007 through 2010, also has several traffic infractions, records show."

So, Matthew had a taxi permit. I believe someone in thread #1 had questions of a taxi cab tie in. Not sure how to link to that, though.

Read more:http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/breaking-news-jesse-matthew-arrested-out-of-state-for-allegedly-abducting-u-va-student-hannah-graham.html#ixzz3EIkbRxss

Oh my, wiser words have rarely been spoken. Thank you!

<-old enough to remember when judging wasn't The Worst Crime in the History of Mankind.

It is a generational thing, right? I keep seeing this on various posts/comments after articles on people behaving badly/criminals - "Don;t judge! Haters!"

Judging is precisely what human beings need to do and do actually do, several times each day, in order to survive. We judge body language, behavior, our guts, etc., to determine, should I hire this person? Should I date this person? Should I let this person care for my kids? Should I trust this stranger?

Our whole lives, we are amassing the information necessary to make crucial judgments, judgments that can help us in our lives. We are subconsciously studying. We know what is typical, normal and right or wrong. But suddenly, we are not supposed to utilize that information?

I read this comment on a board about Tommy Schaefer, arrested in Bali for murdering his girlfriend's mother, who they then stuffed inside a suitcase and hauled out of the hotel: "people are so judgemental smh everyone deserves a second chance. Including u and all ur REDACTED ups. U may not have murdered but u damn sure werent there to see him do it either. And I'm sure u've been forgiven for doing something bad becasue no one is perfect. Not saying he did not saying he didn't., Just Let God be the judge and ur lane..."

The poster was upset that people were disgusted with fund raising efforts for the accused.

I do think this may be generational. It could stem from the trophy generation/self-esteem generation life philosophy. Gross generalization alert but those kids were never ever criticized. They were never told that something they did wasn't perfect. Today, as a result, young people sometimes burst into tears or become outraged if their bosses criticize their work and others feel that none of us are allowed to use our brains to apply logic and, gasp! "judge".

Well, I've survived this long using my brain and I will continue to do so. Even if I am out of date.

G'night all.

I wanted to leave you with one last thought for the night;

To those who are still defending JLM, he is not without guilt in this case even if he didnt physically harm HG several days ago.

He recklessly sped way from state police while being tailed, putting the lives of other innocent drivers on the road, and even his mother, in danger.

He has impeded this investigation with his actions and his silence, making the likelihood of Hannah being found alive even slimmer than they were a week ago.

His actions in fleeing have cost taxpayers a lot of money, somewhere between 2k and 10k dollars. See link below

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/us_sheriffs_struggle_with_high.html

Something to think about when pondering the suspects guilt or innocence; words and a friendly demeanor can often fool us but someones actions rarely do.

Hey. Just saw this in one of the more recent posts. I wish I knew what Jesse Matthew's Facebook page was. If we could find photos of his, we might be able to find places he has been, which might help people figure out places to look for Hannah. I believe since he is a named suspect, finding such things are inline with WS etiquette.

further down, the article says this:
"Matthew, who had a taxi permit from the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles from 2007 through 2010, also has several traffic infractions, records show."

So, Matthew had a taxi permit. I believe someone in thread #1 had questions of a taxi cab tie in. Not sure how to link to that, though.

Read more:http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/breaking-news-jesse-matthew-arrested-out-of-state-for-allegedly-abducting-u-va-student-hannah-graham.html#ixzz3EIkbRxss

https://www.facebook.com/lj.matthew.5

First time posting although i did follow the AM case and now this one. Im located about 2 hours southwest of charlottesville and my sister lives very close to there. So these cases peak my interest as my sister trains for marathons and i worry about her safety running. I remember a couple of years ago she talked of a girl in that area who was out running and had an attempted abduction. I dont remember any specifics, but it makes me worry. Not sure if this was posted or if I'm just really behind, but this is the page to the Galveston county jail inmate lookup

07833f3327b693c210fd34519cc77838.jpg

Welcome to Ws purpleppleater and thanks for great pic. and info!

LE is under no obligation to please the hungry news readers , they are putting a criminal case together and trying to find a missing young woman. They are being methodical and deliberate trying to cover ALL THE BASES. The facts will come out eventually at their own pace. For some people to assume that LE is railroading someone because the facts are not being made public is so narrow minded

Maybe this is where we her whether JM dna is a match...?

I'd been wondering if they didn't keep that under wraps until he was in custody. If he wanted to run from the possibility of Hannah, he'd have been long gone if they can put others on him definitively. Perhaps once he's back in VA we'll hear.

Wait, what? JM has been caught???
(Stepped away for a few hours...)

Not sure how some are coming to conclusion HG was sheltered and naïve. If you researched and read you would know she was probably more well-travelled than many twice her age. Her Twitter feed shows a very well rounded young woman who obviously visited her family in the UK regularly and studied abroad. This isn't a girl who was simply dropped off at college not understanding the world around her. She is interested in what is going on the world. That is very obvious from research. In the UK and Europe the drinking age is 18.

Perhaps that night she had more than normal, but perhaps someone put something in a drink. But she is definitely not a sheltered coed never having seen the world or not used to dealing with many sorts of different people.

Thanks. I think this and her youth might explain her apparent fearlessness while wandering around alone at that hour. (Still, it doesn't explain the wandering around alone itself.)

On the other hand, this also doesn't explain why she would willingly get into a car with JM. Surely she was more streetwise than that.

So I think he must have subdued her in some fashion for her to get into his car.

Well, I'm saying goodnight too, I've enjoyed reading the posts. I do think Hannah will be found. I think as sneaky as JLM is, he probably didn't dump her too far. Hopefully she'll be found soon.

Let us say he was going to Mexico.

Now what? Can he ger a job? How is his Spanish?

Where is he going to live?

Did he give a false name to police? Man this guy is just doing more damage to himself.

Well, I'm saying goodnight too, I've enjoyed reading the posts. I do think Hannah will be found. I think as sneaky as JLM is, he probably didn't dump her too far. Hopefully she'll be found soon.

I hope he didn't bury her.

Does VA have a death penalty? His actions so far lead me to believe that he might trade a body for a life sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member