VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, come on. He high-tailed it out of VA, making (what looks like) a desperate attempt for the border, while his name is all over national news in regards to Hannah's case....but he actually has to ask? And he says, "again", so it was explained to him previously. Didn't have to ask about the TX charge a second time. I personally believe he knew exactly why that VA warrant was issued. Have enough respect for Hannah, and for yourself, to not feign ignorance about something so important. Gross.

Snipped by me.

Maybe he can't read or has trouble reading. He seemed genuinely confused to me.

Are you saying you've read Liberty's handbook? Just curious. Out of evangelical Christian colleges, Liberty is considered liberal. What you described would be more apparent in the handbook of, say, Bob Jones University, Pensacola Christian College, Clearwater Christian College. I'd be very surprised if Liberty has anything in their handbook about R rated movies or men with ponytails.....

JMO. Not a graduate of Liberty, but I am a graduate of a liberal Christian college and I'm well aware about the "continuum" of codes of ethics/moral expectations at various Christian colleges....they are NOT all like Bob Jones University. I know it is all relative, but I would not consider Liberty to be very conservative or their student body to be "prudish" (a term a previous poster used), no matter what your impression of Jerry Falwell is.

All my opinion!!

Yes, yes I did read the relevant sections of the handbook. I must say I found it to be the opposite of liberal. If you google you can find it online; try googling "The Liberty Way".

Posted by WSET-TV (Lynchburg, VA)
http://www.wset.com/story/26627533/...jesse-matthew-was-student-and-football-player

This is a statement from Liberty University regarding Jesse Matthew.

Liberty University had a student by the name of Jesse Leroy Matthew enrolled from 2000 to 2002. This student was on the football team roster during the 2000 (redshirt freshman), 2001 and 2002 seasons. Based on information released by the Charlottesville Police Department, Liberty University can confirm that this former student is the same person arrested on Wednesday, September 24 on abduction charges. Liberty University and the Liberty University Police Department fully cooperated with requests for information from law enforcement agencies in connection with this matter. In light of federal student record privacy laws ("FERPA"), Liberty University is not providing further responses to your inquiries concerning Jesse Leroy Matthew. FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.

Regarding a report of sexual assault on Liberty University's campus in 2002, Liberty University Police Department maintains certain public records as required by the Clery Act. It maintains a public crime log. In 2002, the log was called the "Criminal Incident Log." The logs may be viewed in person at the Liberty University Police Department office upon request. They are not available online and are not electronically searchable. Below is a chart listing the nature, date, time, general location and disposition of all sex offences (forcible) reported on Liberty University's campus during 2002.

Date Time Area Description Disposition
10/17/2002 0426 hrs. Vines Center Rape Report

That October 17, 2002 incident was also incorporated into Liberty University's Campus Crime Reports for each year featuring 2002 statistics, also as required by the Clery Act. The October 1, 2003 Campus Crime Report is the first report with statistics compiled for reportable crimes during the 2002 calendar year and is available at the Liberty University Police Department upon request. That report is not on Liberty University's website. However, the data for 2002 is carried forward into the October 1, 2005 report. It can be viewed on page 4 of the PDF identified as the "2003 - 2005 Campus Crime Report" at the following link: http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240 ; The 2002 data is the same on the reports from 2003, 2004 and 2005. The Clery Act is the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.

Liberty University can also report that the October 17, 2002 rape report was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and it is documented with a report that is on file in the Lynchburg Police Department's Records Section (Incident # 2002071459). We understand the matter was also turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office. Questions regarding investigation and disposition of the matter should be directed to those entities.

At the risk of being viewed as an apologist, I wanted to point something out about JM getting booted from Liberty University for alleged sexual assault. It must be considered that this University is an evangelical school. If you read their student handbook or code of conduct, violations include seeing an "R" rated movie, men with ponytails (and presumably dreads), and any contact with the opposite sex that comprises more than holding hands. Hence, I'm not that impressed with his getting kicked out of there. HOWEVER, if the woman he allegedly attacked was in fact treated at a hospital, that 100% changes things for me, personally.

I said from the beginning I would turn on him, and to me the most suspicious facts to date remain:

1. Disturbing reports from his past that are slowly trickling in;
2. Fleeing and not turning himself in when the second warrants were released.

I think Bakerlady said it best earlier: stick a fork in me. Nonetheless I leave a gap open if no DNA has been found that incriminates him. If there is DNA, it's goodnight Irene, and like everyone else I will look forward to his trial and lengthy incarceration. I think that clearly the police at this point are not releasing DNA information as of yet so they can lock him in on his story. He claims she wasn't in his car and DNA demonstrates that she was? It's over. Mostly though, I look forward to him demonstrating any remaining heart he has left by telling the Grahams where their daughter is.

Maybe Hannah was waiting on someone else outside and LJ/JM was watching her, maybe Hannah went into restaurant/bar to use the facilities and then went back outside to hang around, this could go on forever.... all the questions can be answered by the only one around to answer them. Time for the "gentle giant/teddy bear" to spill it.

Yes, yes I did read the relevant sections of the handbook. I must say I found it to be the opposite of liberal. If you google you can find it online.

OK, thanks. That does surprise me about Liberty, especially considering what I know about friends of mine who have graduated from there lol! But, thanks.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...ersity-in-2002-after-alleged-rape-107507.html

In its statement, the university referenced a campus crime report log, which can be viewed here. The incident involving Matthew is detailed on the fourth page of the 2003-2005 report, according to the school.
The report log indicates that on October, 17, 2002 about 4:30 a.m. there was a reported rape at the Vines Center on campus.
Liberty said it was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and the results of that investigation were turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.
Former teammates said that Matthew was not charged with any crime

Liberty University campus crime log, showing 1 forcible sexual assault in 2002:
http://www.liberty.edu/media/1370/Crime Stats @ LU - Oct 2005 (2002-04).pdf

RSBM
Posted by WSET-TV (Lynchburg, VA)

That October 17, 2002 incident was also incorporated into Liberty University's Campus Crime Reports for each year featuring 2002 statistics, also as required by the Clery Act. The October 1, 2003 Campus Crime Report is the first report with statistics compiled for reportable crimes during the 2002 calendar year and is available at the Liberty University Police Department upon request. That report is not on Liberty University's website. However, the data for 2002 is carried forward into the October 1, 2005 report. It can be viewed on page 4 of the PDF identified as the "2003 - 2005 Campus Crime Report" at the following link: http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240 ; The 2002 data is the same on the reports from 2003, 2004 and 2005. The Clery Act is the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.

Liberty University can also report that the October 17, 2002 rape report was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and it is documented with a report that is on file in the Lynchburg Police Department's Records Section (Incident # 2002071459). We understand the matter was also turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office. Questions regarding investigation and disposition of the matter should be directed to those entities.

Did they just really say October 17?!!!

Side note: Not trying to be vague, but to respect moderator's wishes. Go to MH thread to discuss.

Are you saying you've read Liberty's handbook? Just curious. Out of evangelical Christian colleges, Liberty is considered liberal. What you described would be more apparent in the handbook of, say, Bob Jones University, Pensacola Christian College, Clearwater Christian College. I'd be very surprised if Liberty has anything in their handbook about R rated movies or men with ponytails.....

JMO. Not a graduate of Liberty, but I am a graduate of a liberal Christian college and I'm well aware about the "continuum" of codes of ethics/moral expectations at various Christian colleges....they are NOT all like Bob Jones University. I know it is all relative, but I would not consider Liberty to be very conservative or their student body to be "prudish" (a term a previous poster used), no matter what your impression of Jerry Falwell is.

All my opinion!!

And certainly not for a Star Football player.

The nature of crime is that one doesn't get caught every time. Now put this guy out at 3:00 am and 4:00 am with the perfect cover of driving a Cab - and things could end up really bad.

Happens to me once in awhile too. Thought maybe it was my laptop as I think it needs a check up. This board had a major overhaul not long ago. It may or may not be the reason. Best to PM Bessie. Hope this helps.

When you log in, tick the box that says "remember me", but don't forget to log out because you will find yourself logged in days layer. HTH

You're right, that was VA!

Never mind, all bets are off.

Yeah as I said earlier VA ABC is very strict. It wouldn't surprise me for one second if they were strip Tempos liquor license, in fact I'm pretty much expecting that they will if HG did get a drink there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli