VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks. That does surprise me about Liberty, especially considering what I know about friends of mine who have graduated from there lol! But, thanks.
I totally hear you, and who knows the degree to which it is actually enforced. I have trouble envisioning people stationed at movie theaters ratting out the R-rated movie watchers!

You're spinning it a bit to make him look bad. He looks bad enough without adding spice to it. Look, I provided this link a page or so ago and said that the judge was hard to understand. I'm not dumb, and I was struggling to understand what he was being ask to sign. The judge was talking fast. Of course, Jesse was (and should) be clear about what he is signing. We all know about fine print and how it can bite you. One document was the charge on him in Texas, for giving a false name or what have you and to ask if he wanted a court appointed lawyer for that. The other document was to allow for extradition; to agree that he was in fact Jesse Matthew that was wanted for charges in Virginia. I doubt Jesse truly understands what 'abduction with intent to defile' even is. People on here are even confused about it, including me.

You're right, of course. Anyone in that situation would want to slow things down and make sure all was understood. I guess when I first watched, it struck me as deliberate confusion about why Virginia wanted him back. After seeing it again, that's too harsh an assessment. Easy to get far too emotionally biased in cases like these - Thanks for keeping me on the level!

What is the significance of that date?

We can't mention other cases on this thread. But it's the date of another missing person/found murdered person in Cville from several years ago.

If you read the statement closely, the University does not link JM with the 2002 incident, but rather gives details on the date, incident report and where to go to get more information.... I'm wondering if a call to or contacting the Lynchburg PD or the prosecutors office can pull it all together? Here's the details from the Liberty statement: Liberty University can also report that the October 17, 2002 rape report was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and it is documented with a report that is on file in the Lynchburg Police Department's Records Section (Incident # 2002071459). We understand the matter was also turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office.

Yeah as I said earlier VA ABC is very strict. It wouldn't surprise me for one second if they were strip Tempos liquor license, in fact I'm pretty much expecting that they will if HG did get a drink there.
Yep...In Va. if you are served alcohol in an establlishment and you are involved in an accident, the establishment can be sued.
So I'm not surprised that Tempo is taking some hopefully preventative steps.

We can't mention other cases on this thread. But it's the date of another missing person/found murdered person in Cville from several years ago.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that was a rule! My apologies!

You're right, of course. Anyone in that situation would want to slow things down and make sure all was understood. I guess when I first watched, it struck me as deliberate confusion about why Virginia wanted him back. After seeing it again, that's too harsh an assessment. Easy to get far too emotionally biased in cases like these - Thanks for keeping me on the level!
Part of it might have been the speed at which he was asked to sign four documents while the Judge was chattering on. On a later TV interview, the Judge said he was the first of 30 cases he did this morning alone, so he is used to going at warp speed. I didn't understand what he was saying either...

That was not the VSP or the CPD....it was an "agent" of the Alcohol Beverage Control Agency of VA. Just FYI.

That's right, and as I was saying CPD could promise Tempos that they won't pursue them for supplying underage alcohol... but I bet you VA ABC would.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize that was a rule! My apologies!

No apology needed. I'm actually just covering my own bum b/c I've gotten some of my own posts removed :seeya:

If JM is the guy who did this, I think that probably what happened is that he wanted Hannah to come back home with him so that he could have sex with her (that's pretty much a given). Then, I think there must have been some accident - either Hannah stopped breathing, became unconcsious, or he was assaulting her with such force that he accidentally killed her (like accidentally choking her or something).

Sorry to be so graphic. I am just thinking aloud.

If he was involved in this, the police need to get it out of him ASAP where, I'm afraid, the body inevitably is.

JMO.
With all due respect, I dont think it is possible to accidentally choke someone.

:seeya: GUEST, don't just :lurk:>>>>>>
Join us.

lol I'm one of the guilty guest lurkers... didn't realize I had to log back in after a certain amount of time. :blushing:
I live in Lynchburg, VA, not far from Charlottesville, and I honestly can't tell you how this case (much like all the other missing person cases from this area) felt like a sucker punch right in my gut. I've been reading all of the posts, it's hard to keep up with you guys - so much information being passed around :) You are so well informed and point out some great pieces that might otherwise be overlooked in these cases. Honestly, this message board is the only place that seems to get that JLM deserves a trial and is innocent until proven guilty (while I do feel that he's likely involved in some way, JMO). Reading comments on Facebook gets me so worked up, all the locals are ready to lynch this guy and there has been zero information released about what they have actually found for evidence. So, kudos to everyone here and thanks for keeping it civil and interesting for those of us who would rather read than post :)

You're spinning it a bit to make him look bad. He looks bad enough without adding spice to it. Look, I provided this link a page or so ago and said that the judge was hard to understand. I'm not dumb, and I was struggling to understand what he was being ask to sign. The judge was talking fast. Of course, Jesse was (and should) be clear about what he is signing. We all know about fine print and how it can bite you. One document was the charge on him in Texas, for giving a false name or what have you and to ask if he wanted a court appointed lawyer for that. The other document was to allow for extradition; to agree that he was in fact Jesse Matthew that was wanted for charges in Virginia. I doubt Jesse truly understands what 'abduction with intent to defile' even is. People on here are even confused about it, including me.

Maybe he was making sure that he wasn't signing something regarding the "reckless driving" charges :/. He may also have been making sure that he wasn't signing anything to do with other women. I'm not sure what to think of him at this point, can't quite grasp it.

Posted by WSET-TV (Lynchburg, VA)
http://www.wset.com/story/26627533/...jesse-matthew-was-student-and-football-player

This is a statement from Liberty University regarding Jesse Matthew.

Liberty University had a student by the name of Jesse Leroy Matthew enrolled from 2000 to 2002. This student was on the football team roster during the 2000 (redshirt freshman), 2001 and 2002 seasons. Based on information released by the Charlottesville Police Department, Liberty University can confirm that this former student is the same person arrested on Wednesday, September 24 on abduction charges. Liberty University and the Liberty University Police Department fully cooperated with requests for information from law enforcement agencies in connection with this matter. In light of federal student record privacy laws ("FERPA"), Liberty University is not providing further responses to your inquiries concerning Jesse Leroy Matthew. FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.

Regarding a report of sexual assault on Liberty University's campus in 2002, Liberty University Police Department maintains certain public records as required by the Clery Act. It maintains a public crime log. In 2002, the log was called the "Criminal Incident Log." The logs may be viewed in person at the Liberty University Police Department office upon request. They are not available online and are not electronically searchable. Below is a chart listing the nature, date, time, general location and disposition of all sex offences (forcible) reported on Liberty University's campus during 2002.

Date Time Area Description Disposition
10/17/2002 0426 hrs. Vines Center Rape Report

That October 17, 2002 incident was also incorporated into Liberty University's Campus Crime Reports for each year featuring 2002 statistics, also as required by the Clery Act. The October 1, 2003 Campus Crime Report is the first report with statistics compiled for reportable crimes during the 2002 calendar year and is available at the Liberty University Police Department upon request. That report is not on Liberty University's website. However, the data for 2002 is carried forward into the October 1, 2005 report. It can be viewed on page 4 of the PDF identified as the "2003 - 2005 Campus Crime Report" at the following link: http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=18240 ; The 2002 data is the same on the reports from 2003, 2004 and 2005. The Clery Act is the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.

Liberty University can also report that the October 17, 2002 rape report was investigated by the Lynchburg Police Department and it is documented with a report that is on file in the Lynchburg Police Department's Records Section (Incident # 2002071459). We understand the matter was also turned over to the local Commonwealth Attorney's Office. Questions regarding investigation and disposition of the matter should be directed to those entities.

Wasn't MH abducted on October 17?

ETA: sorry, I was a bit behind and didn't realize this has already been posted several times...

So true - it's like the only job you can get with a criminal history.
That is absolutely not so. Restaurants/bars are cash businesses. You think they hire criminals to handle their cash?
That's pretty insulting to people who work in bars, just saying...

I don't see why anyone has trouble thinking he could have flat out murdered HG (likely violent unfortunately) because he is evil/disturbed/has violent fantasies against women. I don't think this is his first murder either, but that remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value