VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother was given Ambien while she was in the hospital. She ripped out her IVs and walked the halls dripping blood the whole way. By the time the nurses decided to check on her, she was pretty much covered in blood. She said she thought she was wet because it was raining, and she was on her way to the circus. Yeah...

My grandma hallucinated too! Seeing snakes crawling on the ceilings! It was awful for her!

Getting Ambien is easy if you want it! The most incredible insomnia runs in my family. My dad and grandma (dad's mom) both can't sleep for jack. Neither can I. Small-time fixes like breathing exercises and sleepy tea are a joke for this strain. So are over-the-counter and natural sleep aids. It's extreeeemely resistant. I told the doctor and she gave me some Ambien. I mean, I had a legitimate serious, serious problem. I'd stay up usually three, but sometimes five or six, days in a row, just trying to sleep. I firmly blame it for the fact that I did terribly in high school (couldn't remember a single thing I heard). But all I had to do was tell the doctor, second-hand, about my problem. No sleep study, no nothing.

In fact, one doctor prescribed it to me at the age of 17 (not meant for those under 18), and renewed my prescription for about four years (not for long-term use). Wow, is it easy to get Ambien...

I was thinking about this earlier... If you take one Ambien, you'll start seeing diminished motor skills in about 20 minutes most times. Sleep is practically inevitable. You start saying and thinking things that make no sense. It says clearly on the bottle that mixing it with alcohol intensifies its effects.

Given how easy it is to get Ambien, how immensely powerful it is, and how it reacts with alcohol, are guys not using it for date rape?

BBM

I have taken ambien for a few years now just because I can't fall asleep and have racing thoughts before bedtime.. for me it works differently maybe because of my build (ex-athlete so muscle mass) but I can stay awake , coordinated and coherent for 3-4 hours after taking it.. but it then starts to wear of the dim sleepy feeling i have during that time..

My grandma hallucinated too! Seeing snakes crawling on the ceilings! It was awful for her!
I am signing off. Goodnight. I hope I stay signed off because I DO take ambien at night....

The side effects of Ambien can be even more extreme than that... I've heard of cases where people sleepwalked across their own neighborhood, sometimes being injured. Even worse is that some sleepwalk to their car and drive off. Obviously one should NOT be driving on Ambien...

As far as I know, I never sleepwalked and I remembered almost everything that happened no matter how zany (just seemed like a good idea at the time =P). Fortunately for me I had DH and the doggy on night watch!

Getting Ambien is easy if you want it! The most incredible insomnia runs in my family. My dad and grandma (dad's mom) both can't sleep for jack. Neither can I. Small-time fixes like breathing exercises and sleepy tea are a joke for this strain. So are over-the-counter and natural sleep aids. It's extreeeemely resistant. I told the doctor and she gave me some Ambien. I mean, I had a legitimate serious, serious problem. I'd stay up usually three, but sometimes five or six, days in a row, just trying to sleep. I firmly blame it for the fact that I did terribly in high school (couldn't remember a single thing I heard). But all I had to do was tell the doctor, second-hand, about my problem. No sleep study, no nothing.

In fact, one doctor prescribed it to me at the age of 17 (not meant for those under 18), and renewed my prescription for about four years (not for long-term use). Wow, is it easy to get Ambien...

I was thinking about this earlier... If you take one Ambien, you'll start seeing diminished motor skills in about 20 minutes most times. Sleep is practically inevitable. You start saying and thinking things that make no sense. It says clearly on the bottle that mixing it with alcohol intensifies its effects.

Given how easy it is to get Ambien, how immensely powerful it is, and how it reacts with alcohol, are guys not using it for date rape?

I stated this earlier, and yes it's a little personal so I'm sorry if it's TMI, but YES. Unfortunately It is a very popular date rape drug and is what was found in my system after I was raped a few years ago. I had had exactly 3 beers before it was slipped to me and the next thing I knew it was like a mixture of a weird dream/hallucinations and being completely blacked out. I was told in the hospital that is is a very common date rape drug these days and sure enough, when my labs came back, that was what was used.

I was furious that they gave it to her. It's known to have some freaky effects on people, and she is older... 86. She shouldn't have had it at all.
Snakes on the ceiling... that would do me in! Yikes!

BBM

I have taken ambien for a few years now just because I can't fall asleep and have racing thoughts before bedtime.. for me it works differently maybe because of my build (ex-athlete so muscle mass) but I can stay awake , coordinated and coherent for 3-4 hours after taking it.. but it then starts to wear of the dim sleepy feeling i have during that time..

Hmm... My dad also takes Ambien. He is about 6'2", 375-400lbs... He's at times found Ambien totally ineffective. It could definitely be the issue of size. On the other hand, DH is Asian, about 5'4" and 130lbs, and almost had a serious problem when sedated with an "average" amount of sedatives before dental surgery. I wonder how much it would take for someone Hannah's size? Probably a normal dose...

(Oh, and also there was seemingly a lot of alcohol involved!)

Hmm... My dad also takes Ambien. He is about 6'2", 375-400lbs... He's at times found Ambien totally ineffective. It could definitely be the issue of size. On the other hand, DH is Asian, about 5'4" and 130lbs, and almost had a serious problem when sedated with an "average" amount of sedatives before dental surgery. I wonder how much it would take for someone Hannah's size? Probably a normal dose...

(Oh, and also there was seemingly a lot of alcohol involved!)
It is noted that the bizzare side effects of ambient occur predominantly in women for some reason. FDA even proposed new dosing guidelines just for women. OK. Now in really signing off. Praying for Hannah.

Well Ambien sure would explain my 84 y/o Dad's reaction then a few years back. They gave him a sleeper, (don't know what), and he had to be restrained because his room was next to the window where the hosp. helicopters were landing after a bad burn incident, and he began fighting with an Asian Rn who was trying to give him an injection. (He was at "The Pearl" a week after the invasion). He was raving about the bombers coming in, and was sure the RN was in cahoots. (insert not nice name calling here). To top it off at the end of his bed was this huge poster of a Hawaiian looking island. He was cooked. My sis, a RN there, had some apologies to do.

Well Ambien sure would explain my 84 y/o Dad's reaction then a few years back. They gave him a sleeper, (don't know what), and he had to be restrained because his room was next to the window where the hosp. helicopters were landing after a bad burn incident, and he began fighting with an Asian Rn who was trying to give him an injection. (He was at "The Pearl" a week after the invasion). He was raving about the bombers coming in, and was sure the RN was in cahoots. (insert not nice name calling here). To top it off at the end of his bed was this huge poster of a Hawaiian looking island. He was cooked. My sis, a RN there, had some apologies to do.

WOOOAAAH.... O_O;; I don't believe I ever hallucinated, but I had incredibly vivid scenarios play out in my head like dreams, but I was still awake. It was like having a thought, but more involved, and getting less in tune with reality... Really it was just like a dream while awake. There were times that I forgot myself for a moment and got a tad worked up (hence the llamas). I wonder what this situation would be like for someone with PTSD?

Also, is there any info on how that stuff interacts with other meds? I've heard several mentions that Hannah was under the weather or something and may have been taking medicine? My dad is severely physically disabled (and a little mentally and emotionally burdened as a result) and had a laundry list of prescriptions before the legalization of MMJ. Sometimes the Ambien would kick his butt while he took his painkillers, anti-inflammatories, anti-anxieties, anti-depressants... There was so much adjusting.

The side effects of Ambien can be even more extreme than that... I've heard of cases where people sleepwalked across their own neighborhood, sometimes being injured. Even worse is that some sleepwalk to their car and drive off. Obviously one should NOT be driving on Ambien...

As far as I know, I never sleepwalked and I remembered almost everything that happened no matter how zany (just seemed like a good idea at the time =P). Fortunately for me I had DH and the doggy on night watch!

Wow, all these Ambien horror stories are really scary--I have chronic insomnia and have often thought I should try Ambien, but whoa--guess not. Also, I had no idea it was being used as a date rape drug. Poor Hannah, I fear she was too trusting that night and mistook predatory overtures for kindness, friendliness, and compassion.

It is noted that the bizzare side effects of ambient occur predominantly in women for some reason. FDA even proposed new dosing guidelines just for women. OK. Now in really signing off. Praying for Hannah.

I seem to remember that. The doctor started giving me a smaller pill. My dad and I used to have the most freaking insane conversations around 10pm :laughing: Ahh, the things that run in families.....

One needs to be careful with any drug that crosses the brain. I'm not a huge supporter of any Sleep meds. They are highly addictive and do not promote quality sleep. Nothing wrong with a short term of them during a crisis but not long term. Yet I get people suffer terribly with sleep dep. I am one of them but I do get by. I get 30 1 mg. Ativan for a year. I pick and choose when I need them. It's not a dose or amt. to cause an addiction. Some years I have many left over and ask for less at my physical. I do get sleep dep. and it does suck.

Wow, all these Ambien horror stories are really scary--I have chronic insomnia and have often thought I should try Ambien, but whoa--guess not. Also, I had no idea it was also being used as a date rape drug. Poor Hannah, I fear she was too trusting that night and mistook predatory overtures for kindness, friendliness, and compassion.

With caution, Ambien did wonders for my chronic insomnia and eventually I was adjusted to enough of a normal schedule that I could stop taking it. There are flare ups now and then. But I recommend it for fellow chronic insomnia sufferers if they use great caution and always be on the lookout for alternatives and improvement in their own natural sleeping abilities.

I seem to remember that. The doctor started giving me a smaller pill. My dad and I used to have the most freaking insane conversations around 10pm :laughing: Ahh, the things that run in families.....

It's true that insomnia runs in families. Both of my parents, myself, and two of my sisters all have it.

What I was just thinking about is how Tempo has changed it's story like 3 times now. Once they got "take out" alcohol and Hannah was in there with JM, then they didn't they say she was inside and drinking and now she waited outside while he got a couple shots. I personally don't think they JM would have asked HG to wait for him outside while he gets drunk. For one that's not a good way to get a girl to go with you anywhere and for another what girl would stand there and wait for you while you drink more alcohol and you're intoxicated yourself.
Maybe he did give her something to take. I mean I can tell in the surveillance that she is a little intoxicated but I didn't see where she couldn't stand up or maybe she was drinking INSIDE.

It's true that insomnia runs in families. Both of my parents, myself, and two of my sisters sisters all have it.

Awful, isn't it? I wish there was more research on this. My doctor said that there wasn't "proof" but that she was strongly convinced. I mean, it is so obvious. I've gotten to where quite a great deal of Melatonin does okay... But I have a caffeine addiction that keeps me "alert" (read: "crazy") all day.

I remember having some weird dreams on Ambien, but nothing too crazy. I was out like a light and woke up feeling pretty refreshed in the morning. It was prescribed to me while I was adjusting to a new antidepressant and having trouble sleeping.

I have a pretty high tolerance for drugs though. Alcohol is another story. An ex-boyfriend of mine took Rohypnol in college once for fun, and he ran around in a playground, swinging and having fun... but the next day he barely remembered any of it; his roommates had to tell him everything that went on.

I'm in my early 40s now, but I was a moderate partier in my college days, and am still a regular pot smoker, FWIW. I was street-smart, but still got myself into some stupid situations that could have easily gone bad, and a couple in my teen years that did go kind of bad -- but I learned from them and moved on. Suffice it to say I've been around, and after reading this article: http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/

I'll just say that LJ is a real predator. When you're a woman who knows what's up, you recognize them instantly. Had I been drunk, I'd have had no chance against someone like him, even in public, street-smart or not. That's what's truly frightening. Stone cold sober, yeah, I'd tell him to eff off and still be a little scared because of his sheer size and I'm sure he didn't come across as stable, especially while he was drinking. Hannah was like fresh meat to a tiger as far as he was concerned. These kinds of guys can SMELL any kind of weakness, from how many drinks you have, to low self-esteem, to being able to tell you're angry at a boyfriend -- you name it. And you know what's really scary? I don't think mister WG - our witness who was also following her on video - was any different. LJ was simply better at it and swooped in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500