Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

Status
Not open for further replies.
And JM hasn't been charged in MH's death/disappearance yet, so for the attorney to say they're praying for them seems weird.

How long till capital murder charge & rape comes along with intent to define

Morgans COD has never been released so I am not expecting them to release Hannahs.

I don't know how the prosecution system works in the US, will we hear the details that are used at the trial?

All the details presented are public knowledge at the time of the trial. The prosecution (given to them from the police) disclose to the defense, what they are going to present as evidence before the trial. The police keep this information from the public so as to not influence the future jury. If there is too much publicity in the local area where the crime was, the trial can get moved to another state just to keep a fair and impartial jury. It's actually a very good system.

I cannot shake the feeling that this should never have happened. Senseless, barbaric, heartless, UNNECESSARY loss for SO many. Hannah was going to use her life to make other lives BETTER, richer, healthier. She was extinguished for NO reason, and it breaks my heart into so many pieces.

I agree with you completely! This shouldn't have happened!!

I know this isn't the place to get into a discussion about it, but I work with very young children, I studied brain bio and child development, if you ask me the solution needs to start at the roots. We need to focus more on teaching kids empathy over competition, and compassion in place of fear of the unknown. It's a sad world we're growing :(.

Sorry for the tangent :/

I cried reading Hannah's parent's statement and how they referred to her as ". . . the light she radiated can never be extinguished. We will hold it in our hearts forever and it will help sustain us as we face a painful future without her." It reminded me of the idealized concept of stars: "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy." ~Author Unknown

Bless her family and personal friends.

Morgans COD has never been released so I am not expecting them to release Hannahs.

I don't know how the prosecution system works in the US, will we hear the details that are used at the trial?

Look to the preliminary hearing - it may be then that the COD is made public :moo: Someone correct me if this is incorrect that it may be at that time necessary to state.

We aren't going to hear a thing about this case or Morgan's until trial, if it comes to that. And they may call it a "death" investigation, but their statements make it clear they know it was murder.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26886621...rms-hannah-grahams-remains-found-in-albemarle

Albemarle County Police Department Press Release

On Saturday, October 18th human remains were discovered in southern Albemarle County.

The remains were sent to the Medical Examiner's Office in Richmond for examination and positive identification. The Medical Examiner's Office has confirmed that these are the remains of Hannah Graham, 18, of Fairfax, Va.

Following the positive identification, Albemarle County Police Chief, Colonel Steve Sellers and ACPD Detective Sergeant Terry Walls notified Hannah's parents, John and Sue Graham. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Graham family and Hannah's friends during this incredibly difficult time. We ask that you respect their privacy.

We also ask for your cooperation as we now move forward with the death investigation. Since the discovery along Old Lynchburg Road, officers and detectives have been working around the clock to process the scene and preserve evidence. Our focus is on the investigation and therefore, we will not be answering questions regarding the case or investigation. We do ask that people continue to call in with tips or information. We are asking to hear from individuals who live along Old Lynchburg Road or who might have seen suspicious behavior in the area following Hannah's disappearance. The Charlottesville PD tip line remains open at 434-295-3851.

We continue to work with our local, state and federal partners. We are working with the Charlottesville Police Department, the Fairfax City Police Department and the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's Appomattox Field Office which is the lead agency on the Morgan Harrington investigation.

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support during this difficult time. We remain committed to this investigation and will work to ensure that justice is served.

Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney for the County of Albemarle Press Release

Today, the Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the remains found in southern Albemarle County on October 18, 2014, are those of Hannah Graham. Denise Lunsford,Commonwealth's Attorney for the County of Albemarle, and her office extend their deepest sympathies to Mr. and Mrs. Graham, Hannah's brother and their family and friends.

We would like to thank the many volunteers and law enforcement personnel who spent five weeks searching tirelessly in hopes of bringing Hannah home. Your dedication and perseverance bring solace to a community that has been shaken by a senseless, horrific crime.

The focus of the investigation now is to determine what charges will be brought and the appropriate time to make those charges. We are working diligently with local law enforcement on the investigation to ensure that we make the best determination for ourcommunity and the Grahams in the pursuit of justice.

We realize that the media has a lot of questions, but it is of the upmost importance that all media outlets know that the Office of the Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney will not comment on this case or the investigation. We will take whatever measures necessary to ensure the integrity of this highly sensitive investigation and any possible prosecution. We further appreciate your cooperation in respecting the privacy of the Grahams during this incredibly difficult time.

Please continue to contact your local law enforcement with tips or information.

I feel like it would kind of rub salt in the wound to put Jesse in that statement
So is that, then, on Camblos' part, acknowledging JM is responsible - for both Hannah and morgan?

RIP Hannah.....my heartfelt condolences to all who loved Hannah......what a tremendous loss

So is that, then, on Camblos' part, acknowledging JR is responsible - for both Hannah and morgan?

I was wondering that... is it possibly setting us up for him pleading guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member