Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 39s39 seconds ago
#JodiArias update:1. Secret transepts released to court clerk -- being told our cost will be $400, but told could be a week #abc15

WHAT? If the court clerk already has them, what would take a week? All they need is ONE copy. I am sure the press would copy and share.

@michaelbkiefer: AZ Supreme Court denies stay of appeals court order to release transcripts of #jodiarias testimony.

Mahalo Meemaw.

I'm far behind, I sure hope when I'm done reading these transcripts have been released TODAY!

New journal entries being released May show what the fight was about at the end of May.

Travis met a girl at his UFC party and then again at church, May 24th. They were exchanging flirty emails and they made plans to hang out Jodi admitted to logging on to his facebook to read the messages. And fight ensues. 4 days later, gun stolen from her grandparents.

Maybe that new girl combined with Mimi getting to go on the trip with him. Maybe she had a fallasy thought that once Travis was without her, that he would beg for her to come back to him. And when she saw this proof that he was easily moving on without her, she knew she was officially out of the picture and could not accept that.

Some of her journal writings shows how scary egotistical she was and she thought she was much more important in his life than he probably did.

I'm wondering if this is the 2008 copy they are talking about. Remember, the defense complained that they couldn't open it days/weeks ago. And JM said that Mesa PD had no problem with it. So when JM was interviewing Sue on Monday, perhaps he realized that Sue had never seen or been able to open the 2008 copy. And that JM had no interest in anything they had to say about any of the other copies as they were all "working copies". Or the DT realized that they couldn't let Sue testify about the working copies because of all the stuff JM's expert found on them. So they finally got Mesa PD to help them open the 2008 copy on Monday. Which is why they said they've only had three days to go through it. And since JA knows there was something on there before TA's death, they needed lots of time to try to find it. But he'd already cleaned it up. So nothing they testified to today had anything to do with the copies they tried to testify to in the hearing. It was all new stuff. And just as the prosecution expert stated, there were lots of viruses and hits from that but only one site was looked up manually. Not even that, it was clicked on by not searched by name. Because the prosecution expert from the hearing was always working with the original 2008 copy.

This whole day was a bust. All it did was allow KN to make the jury wonder if there was some negligence regarding the computer by the prosecution. I hope the one thing it did accomplish was to put that all to rest on any appeal that JA tries to launch down the road.

MOO

That makes a lot of sense. Of course the defense version would be that the state hid the original copy until 2015, so the conviction should be thrown out.

I hope another hearing/motion is not necessary at this juncture in order for JSS to release these transcripts, it is unreal, didn't she say this morning they are ready to go when SC ruled, well?.

Anyone have a direct line to Bodney? lol j/k

How about that released juror? ;)

#JodiArias update:1. Secret transepts released to court clerk -- being told our cost will be $400, but told could be a week #abc15

Open the envelope please - and today's excuse for delay of release is ...........

BBM - We're getting a definition of what "immediate" means at least.

ETA - Dang it; elementary beat me to this several posts back.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 3m3 minutes ago
#JodiArias update Another def motion 2 dismiss retrial 2be heard at 1:30p Friday 1/9 -- Jury returns Monday 1/12 for #deathpenalty retrial.

How can they ask to dismiss a "retrial".

Nice try, probably will fool Sherry, BUT there is NO SUCH thing in this case!

How about that released juror? ;)

EXACTLY!

GF, IF you are out there and you want ANY recognition...you better hop on the circuit train before you aren't even a footnote in the annals of this cluster.

I've come to the conclusion that JSS has a personal vendetta against Juan. "You think you are such a smart prosecutor - then let's see you get out of this mess!"

Interesting. I've recalled court behaviour, as others have also pointed out that JSS has a bias towards CMJA. Does she dislike Juan Martinez? I think that she tries hard to give away nothing but subtle body language suggests the opposite to me. I think she respects and likes Juan. I've seen nothing to indicate he has anything but respect for the judge (although he must be more frustrated than all of us with the delays). I like JSS very much but I have joined the critics regarding some aspects of how she has handled the case. Until we know her reasons, I can't evaluate her actions fully. The signs that she thinks Nurmi is a pain in the *advertiser censored* are on YouTube - in many frames.

Little things - like when she is listening to Nurmi and Martinez present argument - jump out. She looks at Juan Martinez and listens intently to the end. With Nurmi, she often shuffles her papers, taps them on the desk, adjusts her glasses, as he is finishing. To me, it shows the slightest but most definite traces of irritation. Has anyone else noticed this? These are just a few examples.

Umm. The connection is speculation by BK. Mine too, back when journals were first released by BK. It occurred to me that Mimi and Lisa were one thing- nice Mormon girls- but that the possibility of TA hooking up with a replacement JA was maybe more than she could bear.

Chris and Sky don't think this new girl was the instigation, fwtw.

The new girl was Mormon as well. He writes that he met her at the UFC party then saw her at church. They were scheduled to hang out May 29 the date of his last journal entry. He also wrote that she had friended him on Facebook.
Beth thinks Jodi hacked in and posted a comment or pic to squash the hopes of the new girl

Interesting. I've recalled court behaviour, as others have also pointed out that JSS has a bias towards CMJA. Does she dislike Juan Martinez? I think that she tries hard to give away nothing but subtle body language suggests the opposite to me. I think she respects and likes Juan. I've seen nothing to indicate he has anything but respect for the judge (although he must be more frustrated than all of us with the delays). I like JSS very much but I have joined the critics regarding some aspects of how she has handled the case. Until we know her reasons, I can't evaluate her actions fully. The signs that she thinks Nurmi is a pain in the *advertiser censored* are on YouTube - in many frames.

Little things - like when she is listening to Nurmi and Martinez present argument - jump out. She looks at Juan Martinez and listens intently to the end. With Nurmi, she often shuffles her papers, taps them on the desk, adjusts her glasses, as he is finishing. To me, it shows the slightest but most definite traces of irritation. Has anyone else noticed this? These are just a few examples.

Yep, something's there.

Old grudge from years ago?

Whatever it is...IT IS blatant!

Well well the *advertiser censored* got in. Couldn't care less. We've seen the pictures JA and TA exchanged, a little *advertiser censored* is not gonna shock anyone. What a waste of time.. :sigh:

Well well the *advertiser censored* got in. Couldn't care less. We've seen the pictures JA and TA exchanged, a little *advertiser censored* is not gonna shock anyone. What a waste of time.. :sigh:

You were missed today, Nali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member