Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/13/15 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me try an analogy. Suppose the defense came by to view the evidence and while they were looking at some documents someone set a coffee cup on one page and obscured some words. The defense then asked for a copy of that page, which turned out not to be very important. The defense then found out the state had a copy from before the coffee cup incident and asked for a copy of that copy. When they got it, they saw that the obscured words weren't important either. You think anyone's going to overturn a first-degree murder conviction for that?

From Michael Kiefer Twitter:

11:03

Michael Kiefer@michaelbkiefer

Q: Why did it take you two years to admit that you did it?

#jodiarias: "It took me that long to be able to admit to myself...that I did it."

-----BS :liar: !

AZL is an appeal attorney in Arizona. I feel like she would know more about what is and isn't a valid appeal issue than a prosecutor who hasn't practiced in 20 years. Some posted that the attorney that she was talking to had another opinion than her. Perhaps she just has this wrong.
I absolutely agree. I was just answering the question from the poster who asked if Beth was a defense attorney and the answer is no. She was a prosecutor many years ago.

I'll leave the posting over to you dog.gone.cute. I love the font colors and such. :)

Let me try an analogy. Suppose the defense came by to view the evidence and while they were looking at some documents someone set a coffee cup on one page and obscured some words. The defense then asked for a copy of that page, which turned out not to be very important. The defense then found out the state had a copy from before the coffee cup incident and asked for a copy of that copy. When they got it, they saw that the obscured words weren't important either. You think anyone's going to overturn a first-degree murder conviction for that?

Thank you!

:seeya: Question, which I think Lamby posted but want to make sure:

Can we post the Tweets on the Transcripts here since it is coming out on this day of the break in the re-trial, or do we have to go to the Transcript Thread ?

If I need to move the Tweets there as well, please let me know.

TIA !!!

Laurie Passman ‏@laurie3TV 3m3 minutes ago
3TV has obtained transcripts of #JodiArias secret witness testimony.

B7P7S1cCEAAlT_V.jpg

From Jeff Gold:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 6m 6 minutes ago

RT @thegoldpatrol:

#jodiarias Transcript is now in the hands of some. Will post any updates as soon as we get them

Since David Erickson said its about her life and childhood, I am only assuming she said terrible things about her family and that is why she wanted it kept a secret until after trial. If they love her so much, let them place themselves in the hot seat and testify of what a darling little lady she was. MOO.

To save her life, I have no doubt that they will if they are asked. It's the cross examination that they are all fearful of and why they haven't done it so far IMO.

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 45s45 seconds ago
Willmott: "Were you romantically involved with Daryl Brewer?"
#JodiArias: "We were involved. We just went to our own rooms. Our own space."

--

What kind of answer is this?? "Yes we were." Or "No, we were not."
Oh and I guess this time JW is asking the questions.

BBM:

While it MAY be a "disappointment," JA should have NEVER been allowed to testify in "private." The effort of both the court and defense team to "protect" the testimony of the defendant, who has already been found GUILTY of 1st Degree Pre-Meditated Murder, was unbelievable, and they should all be ashamed of themselves !

JMO but I think that Transcript was "edited" -- and not just removal of the numerous SideBars. I will NOT be surprised to find some testimony blocked out -- like a name or two, etc.

:moo:

So, here's a thought: As I understand it the reason for keeping the media out was because of the murderer's fragile mental state, her inability to testify in front of the public. If this is true, then why not stick everyone in the media room? Similarly, why did the testimony have to remain secret if it was testifying in public that made her crazy? This suggests to me that it was also something she said.

From Dave Erickson:

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision · 4m 4 minutes ago

I have to be honest. It's tough to post any snippets of the #JodiArias secret testimony.

It's truly boring.

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision · 2m 2 minutes ago

Willmott: "Were you romantically involved with Daryl Brewer?"

#JodiArias: "We were involved. We just went to our own rooms. Our own space."

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 1m1 minute ago
"Did your interest in photography blossom into something else?" #JodiArias: "Yes. After I moved to Palm Desert, I upgraded.I went digitial."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

From Dave Erickson:

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision · 28s 29 seconds ago

"Did your interest in photography blossom into something else?"

#JodiArias: "Yes. After I moved to Palm Desert, I upgraded.I went digitial."

Dave Erickson @ericksonvision · 10s 11 seconds ago

#Riveting

She said nothing new. It was all about delay and divert. I bet her testimony will be stricken and she won't take the stand again. The DT will have had a shot at "humanizing" her without a cross by JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti