Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/13/15 Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read and it is not much, I don't see why the killer thought her pathetic life was in danger and she had to secretly testify.

I am not sure I am brave enough to read the whole transcript.

She seems to show remorse but lies as about 'those few minutes, I was not myself'. LOL. It was more than a few minutes - like hours.
Of course sweet little caring happy go lucky killer would never intentionally kill someone.

Again, why was this secret???? How was her freaking life in any danger ??? She is tucked away in her own private room in jail.

Sadly, living in a home with dysfunctional relationships and even physical abuse are not uncommon. Nor is marijuana use by teens. 99% of people who experienced such things never go on to commit a violent murder.

I find it curious how JA basically mentions two instances of physical abuse by her parents and that's it. I think she was somehow limited by how much she could embellish due to previous testimony/interviews with Dr. Marte, Alyce Laviolette, etc. I think that if there wasn't a clear record of what she has said, she would have lied her butt off on that stand regarding the abuse.

Back then, it just wasn't a priority for her to talk parental abuse (thank goodness) - she had Travis to blame, she'd be acquitted and it wouldn't come to mitigation.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3m 3 minutes ago

Her Mom carried a wooden spoon. So... Slaughter. #jodiarias transcripts

So then why didn't she just beat Travis with a wooden spoon???

Oh my gosh, my internet went off right before 12! I was in major panic mode. :scared: It just came back. I must read the transcripts now. Be back later with comments and a barf bag!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6m 6 minutes ago

Now in the transcripts, #JodiArias & Willmott discuss how much JA ❤️d school!

(So much that she decided not to finish it...)

I've started off by reading the November 3rd transcript first. The most interesting thing is the sidebars. The murderer also asserts that "I don't cheat on my boyfriends".

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

The visual of #JodiArias' father allegedly shoving her in to a PIANO has Jodi Arias Lifetime Movie Pt.2 written all over it.

:gaah: OMG, now it's a "piano" ... and what we don't need is another JA movie :gaah: !

In the November 3rd transcript, so far she has implied that Travis is lascivious and a show-off in the way she describes his behaviour.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 9m 9 minutes ago

#JodiArias said her Mom would dig her acrylic nails into her skin #ouch

B7Qlof1IcAIaq6a.jpg:large

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7m 7 minutes ago

#JodiArias #ThingsIRememberWhenIWas4

:hilarious::hilarious:

I get the feeling JA decided Travis would be hers right about here (when asked about what it was like at the Executive Directors Dinner with Travis)

'It was interesting like -- they've always been like my customers or clients or guests in restaurants but now I'm sitting there with them.'

He was her ticket to the fancy lifestyle she always dreamed of having, without earning.

Off topic: eating my lunch and watching forensic files ... And GUESS who is the prosecutor on the case???? Our very own Juan Martinez!!! But it was taped a few years ago Juan was a bit younger.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial ·

#JodiArias' Mom told her she smoked pot the day she was born.

Hell yeah, she knew she was about to deliver the devils incarnate so who could blame her?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 12m 12 minutes ago

#JodiArias says she did not return to school for Senior year bc she was 18 & opted to stay "in the work force." aka #dropout

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 5m 5 minutes ago

"It just seemed kind of messed up to break up with somebody on the phone.."

#JodiArias (But I'm cool with murder... #NotMessedUp)

Oy... to bounce off my prior post, when asked what her impression was of the convention, she says:

"Well, I thought I saw an opportunity that would help me make ends meet, you know, more than I was at the time."

Corrupt carcass.

I've finished the second set. It is all about trashing Travis and making her the victim. The testimony is almost a clone of the testimony she gave on the stand for the guilt phase. The sidebar is the most interesting when the COA stay is discussed. Basically, Nurmi dug in his heels and positively refused to move with the trial because she would not take the stand and because he didn't want witnesses out of order. Juan argues judge can direct DT to put another witness on and Nurmi categorically refuses. Juan also argues that the testimony can be stricken and the trial move on.

Also the judge wasn't certain how to interpret the stay order at all and the direction to unseal testimony.

Jodi is 3 yrs. older than Carl, but says when she's in the 6th grade Carl is in the 5th. Even with JA repeating kindergarten that doesn't seem right. I don't believe her middle/high school grades were nearly as high as she claims. She likely had learning/emotional issues that presented very early on.

and i am finally done...kind of got boring after the first 40 pages.

i think the most interesting part is that the fog now seems to have lifted and remembers exactly what she did afterwards and she knew all along what she had done.

my eyes hurt :cry:

Some more Tweets from Jeff Gold:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 33m 33 minutes ago

Its now clear why #JodiArias didn't testify in public...because the public would be calling her on changing her tune from first trial.

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 29m 29 minutes ago

#JodiArias set a very different tone to start out. To this jury, she plays someone who took years to accept that: "what I did was horrific".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomouse