VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The podcast interview host, whose page we cannot link. Man, we really need some personalities in this case whose last name does not begin with "H"!

wowzers. click on the ABOUT ME portion of the site. That answered a lot of questions for me. :floorlaugh:

Wow. I think you did well, and CH is unbelievably unprofessional.

I would strongly caution anyone to avoid contact with that person much in the same way you'd avoid purposely walking into a field full of doodoo, in bare feet. Just sayin'.

Hate to ask, but what is the money for?
Actually, that is the least of my questions...I am beyond lost in this case.

Originally it was said to feed volunteers, run off flyers, etc. I read that on the Bring AJ Home FB page but it's anyone's guess if it's still there.

Originally it was said to feed volunteers, run off flyers, etc. I read that on the Bring AJ Home FB page but it's anyone's guess if it's still there.

And I always wanted to tell them they could get lots of donations for those things right from the businesses themselves. Most copy places donate lots of FREE flyers for missing kids and many restaurants/stores offer free lunches/waters etc for volunteers.

Alright, so can we switch back to Twitter? ;)

A lot has been made of lack of SM after March 1. When I scroll back to Feb 14-15, a weekend she claimed she would be home, I see no tweets over that time frame. Can someone with a better handle of Twitter confirm that? I know there might be other explanations for a lack of tweets, but to me it looks like there may be days when she was home that she might not immediately jump on SM. What do you all think?

Correct, it appears she was off twitter from 2/13,14,15 then back on, on the 16th. She tweeted on the 10th she was really looking forward to going home that weekend as it had been a long week. In the days leading up to that weekend she'd apparently lost her voice, was *really* tired (not the word she used), then at the doctor's, etc.

Sounds like it was a rough week and she was fighting off a virus at the same time?

This is roughly about the time others decide to create their OWN FB page where things can be freely discussed without being deleted, and then it degenerates into a profanity laced drama-fest.

The biggest problem here, as I see it (aside from AJ being missing, obviously) is that the Hadsell family expected the public to help find her without being 100% honest and upfront with the public. It just DOESN'T work that way. As others have said, had they been upfront from day 1, this would look a lot different. That being said, the Hadsell family has never gone through anything like this, so they would have had NO idea. I'm sure in retrospect many of them are wishing they would have just "put it all out there" off the top, you know?

I really want to hear from Jennifer Hadsell. I want to hear what she has to say, mom-to-mom. As far as I know she's given 2 interviews and that's it. I really wish she'd step up to the front and take charge of the media interviews. But, maybe she just can't deal with that right now. I'm not sure I could either, but I'd sure as heck give it all I had to find my girly.

:(

Well said. Unfortunately, we have seen parents that have had to face the public on tv. It must have been one of the hardest things they have ever done. I can't even fathom the pain. Nonetheless, they put themselves out there in order to find their children. Mom speak up and put you child first above all else, but I can understand if you are afraid.

And I always wanted to tell them they could get lots of donations for those things right from the businesses themselves. Most copy places donate lots of FREE flyers for missing kids and many restaurants/stores offer free lunches/waters etc for volunteers.

However, if you've never gone through something like this and/or you're not a WS member, you'd probably not know that. Crowd funding pages tend to be all the rage these days and pretty much everyone's FB & twitter feeds show links to various pleas for help nearly every day. I can see why a family would think a public funding page might be a good idea.

MOO.

Well said. Unfortunately, we have seen parents that have had to face the public on tv. It must have been one of the hardest things they have ever done. I can't even fathom the pain. Nonetheless, they put themselves out there in order to find their children. Mom speak up and put you child first above all else, but I can understand if you are afraid.

What I meant was more along the lines of Jennifer telling us WHO AJ is, you know? What does she like to do on her "down days"? Where does she like to go? Is she more of a hang out at friends house girl, or go to the local *whatever hot spot for teens* girl? We know she's athletic & digs being physically active but... where is her favorite fast food place? (y'all know she has one, we all do!) What's her favorite color? What are her plans after she graduates? Has she ever talked about traveling? Where does she want to go? Does she have family/friends out of state?

Things like that, so we can have a better idea of who AJ is, and what she likes. These might sound like totally useless facts but it's rather surprising sometimes when a person goes missing and the public has this kind of understanding about WHO that person is.

I'm so ready to just sit back and wait until something happens with LE. This case is just *advertiser censored** backwards. It's completely twisted in so many aspects. I do hope everything turns out for the best.

This is where I am at too.

IMO, I think she used twitter more when she was away from her hometown as a way of communicating with friends there. If she was home with friends, then imo she would be tweeting less.

There was a large gap in tweets over winter break, too. I think you are right. So the lack of messages on the 2nd may not be sinister. I think I can comfortably eliminate the possibility of something happening earlier in the weekend.

Here's another train of thought. Was AJ happy at Longwood? Was she making friends? It seems everyone I've examined from her SM are old friends. If she felt she wasn't fitting in, would that indicate she might have run? I can only verify that three of the softball teammates have shared her missing information. Two each have a photo of her. I can't find much evidence on her twitter that she is communicating frequently with Longwood friends.

There was a large gap in tweets over winter break, too. I think you are right. So the lack of messages on the 2nd may not be sinister. I think I can comfortably eliminate the possibility of something happening earlier in the weekend.

Here's another train of thought. Was AJ happy at Longwood? Was she making friends? It seems everyone I've examined from her SM are old friends. If she felt she wasn't fitting in, would that indicate she might have run? I can only verify that three of the softball teammates have shared her missing information. Two each have a photo of her. I can't find much evidence on her twitter that she is communicating frequently with Longwood friends.

It seemed to me that she was not as happy as you would think, imo. Lots of complaining.

What I meant was more along the lines of Jennifer telling us WHO AJ is, you know? What does she like to do on her "down days"? Where does she like to go? Is she more of a hang out at friends house girl, or go to the local *whatever hot spot for teens* girl? We know she's athletic & digs being physically active but... where is her favorite fast food place? (y'all know she has one, we all do!) What's her favorite color? What are her plans after she graduates? Has she ever talked about traveling? Where does she want to go? Does she have family/friends out of state?

Things like that, so we can have a better idea of who AJ is, and what she likes. These might sound like totally useless facts but it's rather surprising sometimes when a person goes missing and the public has this kind of understanding about WHO that person is.

Someone even asked if the royal blue was her favorite color, but no it was chosen because it is Longwood's color.

It seemed to me that she was not as happy as you would think, imo. Lots of complaining.

I think often times that's somewhat misleading. I know teenage girls who are perfectly happy kids but take to SM to complain about things that annoy them. However, AJ, like others, also uses twitter to post pics of things she finds funny, food related tweets, what it's going to be like next year when she has her own apartment :( and... brownies. (Which technically doesn't fall into the food category because... brownies).

The vibe I get from her twitter is that several things ticked her off, she actually LIKED being at school but it was tough, and she was looking forward to the future.

She did mention that she couldn't wait to live in an apartment next year. People don't usually plan things for the following year if they don't plan on being there.

She also tweeted VERY early about spring break which makes me sad :(

She did mention that she couldn't wait to live in an apartment next year. People don't usually plan things for the following year if they don't plan on being there.

She also tweeted VERY early about spring break which makes me sad :(

Maybe. Maybe she was vacillating on a decision, decided later on, or just keeping up appearances. Maybe something happened once she got home that provoked her into leaving it all behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member