DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ref I've heard about reward. Seems like neighborhood residents, visitors, tradespeople, delivery ppl w/not hesitate to give info to LE. Or at least I hope they w/not.

[Pol. Chief] "Lanier said police have gotten a steady stream of information from residents, but they are still looking for details on any suspicious activity from around the Savopoulos' home from Wednesday through Thursday, as well as information on the car.
A $25,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest." bbm
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/ May 18

Someone claiming to be a family member is commenting on this article. They mention what the assistant dropped off and the reason (also what the perp was demanding). If true, very sad.

Someone claiming to be a family member is commenting on this article. They mention what the assistant dropped off and the reason (also what the perp was demanding). If true, very sad.

Thank you .. so it was cash $40k supposedly for a piece or art and the money from his firm :( Another freaking 'what if' .. I wonder if the perp already knew he was an art collector or if he simply asked SS to get a hold of a large amount of cash fast and SS used that method.

Only $40,000? That is $10,000 for each murder victim's life.
It was dropped off on the PORCH?
Was that something he normally would have asked his assistant to do?
I would find it odd someone wanted me to leave that kind of money on the porch. :dunno:

I mean it's not like this case isn't already bizarre enough... so I believe it. But still... :sigh:

Thank you .. so it was cash $40k supposedly for a piece or art and the money from his firm :( Another freaking 'what if' .. I wonder if the perp already knew he was an art collector or if he simply asked SS to get a hold of a large amount of cash fast and SS used that method.

What time was the package dropped off? And was it left at the door or did someone answer the door to receive it? Anyone have a link to an article about the pkg?

Offices and banks often open at 9am. It would take time to get that cash together, I would imagine. Nelly received the text "from Amy" close to 10am so someone was still in the house to send that text. Would like to know how close to the fire the package arrived.

So .. a couple of gang bangers head for the wealthy suburbs looking for an easy target to rob, maybe they simply chose the house at random, hoping for a big payday. They may have even taken the Porsche hoping to sell it on or rebirth it at first, maybe they heard the reports of the fire on the radio and the car was mentioned, so they dumped it, torched it, then took the train home with the $40k?

That's what I'm thinking happened as of now ..

So .. a couple of gang bangers head for the wealthy suburbs looking for an easy target to rob, maybe they simply chose the house at random, hoping for a big payday. They may have even taken the Porsche hoping to sell it on or rebirth it at first, maybe they heard the reports of the fire on the radio and the car was mentioned, so they dumped it, torched it, then took the train home with the $40k?

That's what I'm thinking happened as of now ..

I don't believe it was random at all. Being random doesn't explain all the calls and messages to the housekeeper.

I don't believe it was random at all. Being random doesn't explain all the calls and messages to the housekeeper.

I think if you accept all the calls were made under duress and all information came from intimidated victims then it could well be random. JMO

I have been thinking the Porsche may have been carjacked on Wed. with Amy in it and that would explain it traveling faster than the neighbors were used to. I have no doubt this house has a land line - Mr. S was trying everything to send a hidden message to the other housekeeper. She knew it sounded off - but, plenty of times I have said "well, that is really bizarre, oh well" and forgotten about incidents. She was probably thinking the same. I also do not believe there is no surveillance video from the house. I think police are keeping their cards close. These were very important people and they do not want to mess this up. The whole Nation is watching!!

I think if you accept all the calls were made under duress and all information came from intimidated victims then it could well be random. JMO

Why so much concern about this housekeeper showing up rather than all the other people showing up? How would random perp know housekeeper was supposed to show up?

One of the earlier news broadcasts said a package was dropped off on the front porch and was still there when fire fighters arrived. So I am not sure what the real story is now. Who would agree to leave $40,000 on the front porch? I would think it would be in the house safe, more likely. Nothing makes sense so far.

Only $40,000? That is $10,000 for each murder victim's life.
It was dropped off on the PORCH?
Was that something he normally would have asked his assistant to do?
I would find it odd someone wanted me to leave that kind of money on the porch. :dunno:

I mean it's not like this case isn't already bizarre enough... so I believe it. But still... :sigh:

One of the earlier news broadcasts said a package was dropped off on the front porch and was still there when fire fighters arrived. So I am not sure what the real story is now. Who would agree to leave $40,000 on the front porch? I would think it would be in the house safe, more likely. Nothing makes sense so far.

So this is the reason it was reported that the guy in the video had a bag in his hand? It still looked like a 5 gallon bucket to me.:thinking:

I have been thinking the Porsche may have been carjacked on Wed. with Amy in it and that would explain it traveling faster than the neighbors were used to. I have no doubt this house has a land line - Mr. S was trying everything to send a hidden message to the other housekeeper. She knew it sounded off - but, plenty of times I have said "well, that is really bizarre, oh well" and forgotten about incidents. She was probably thinking the same. I also do not believe there is no surveillance video from the house. I think police are keeping their cards close. These were very important people and they do not want to mess this up. The whole Nation is watching!!

If SS was trying to send a hidden message, he would have made it a little more obvious. Which is why I think he delivered the message he was dictated. Instead of a potential victim, I think NG is a co-conspirator.

JMO

In Gaithersberg, MD., May 18, Nelitza G. created a/c at ~ go...$...me.com
for Veralicia F_____.
Her husband would like to take Vera home to her family in El Salvador where she can rest for eternity.
Raised $1300.oo+ USD from 10 ppl in 8 hrs.

Is this ^ is "Nelly" who opened crowd-funding a/c for her late employee, VF?

"A longtime housekeeper for the Savopoulos family said she was a good friend of Veralicia "Vera" Figueroa. "Nelly, who didn't want her full name used, owns her own cleaning company and worked for the family for more than two decades. Nelly allowed Figueroa to work with her at the Savopoulos family's home."
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Victims-in-Woodley-Park-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html. May 18

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Victims-in-Woodley-Park-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html. May 18
Reporter in vid states, Nelly states re Mr S's voicemail to Nelly that eve.(9:30 or 10:00?)
my paraphrasing, of vid at 1min/30 sec: ~ 'VF volunteered to stay overnight, Vera's phone died, she did not have charger; his did not fit;'
quote "can she tell that to anyone who might be worried about her?" end reporter's quote.

IIRC, VF's husband is in DC area for Nelly to tell, does not have children in US to worry.

Mr S's phrase 'tell anyone' -
- does that reflect his lack of knowledge that VF is married (IIRC), or
- is that his attempt to 'code talk' to warn Nelly that something at S home is hinky, or
- convey something else?

TIA.

Reporter in vid states, Nelly states re Mr S's voicemail to Nelly that eve.(9:30 or 10:00?)
my paraphrasing, of vid at 1min/30 sec: ~ 'VF volunteered to stay overnight, Vera's phone died, she did not have charger; his did not fit;'
quote "can she tell that to anyone who might be worried about her?" end reporter's quote.

IIRC, VF's husband is in DC area for Nelly to tell, does not have children in US to worry.

Mr S's phrase 'tell anyone' -
- does that reflect his lack of knowledge that VF is married (IIRC), or
- is that his attempt to 'code talk' to warn Nelly that something at S home is hinky, or
- convey something else?

TIA.
I've heard many versions of the vm. IMO it gets a little bit more elobarate each time.

I even heard part of it earlier in the thread. I just don't think we should believe everything as reported as word for word especially with Spanish translations.

I've heard many versions of the vm. IMO it gets a little bit more elobarate each time.
I even heard part of it earlier in the thread. I just don't think we should believe everything as reported as word for word especially with Spanish translations.
bbm

Agreeing w your point ^above ---hard to know how literal, accurate, etc. translations are from one language to another. (That's why I posted: quote "can she tell that to anyone who might be worried about her?" end reporter's quote.)

Sometimes reporters use a generous helping of literary license in paraphrasing from American English to American English. Who knows how much confusion is stirred in by third persons acting as translators.

Why so much concern about this housekeeper showing up rather than all the other people showing up? How would random perp know housekeeper was supposed to show up?

From the victims .. He could just ask if anyone was expected at the house. Or they may have even volunteered it in an attempt to protect her.

I am only now reading this thread (on page 1), so excuse this question if it has been asked, and answered:
Authorities are saying that Mr. S "eventually" gave "them" what it was they wanted (info). How would anyone know this?n Unless the killer was in contact with someone still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592