DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that article, it says Savopoulus' mother called the housekeeper to check on her because the house was on fire and that's how the housekeeper found out about it and rushed over there. So grandma had the housekeeper's phone number too?

Curiouser and curiouser, indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if she cleaned grandma's house, too.

In that article, it says Savopoulus' mother called the housekeeper to check on her because the house was on fire and that's how the housekeeper found out about it and rushed over there. So grandma had the housekeeper's phone number too?

Curiouser and curiouser, indeed.

Since she worked for the family for 20 years, she may have been recommended by his parents. And since she didn't work exclusively for one family, she could have also cleaned SS's parents home.

Speaking of language, why allow SS to communicate with his sister when there was a risk of them communicating in Greek? They were second generation Americans who I bet learned Greek as children. They still attended Greek Orthodox Church etc.. SS could have easily dropped some random Greek hints into the conversation but he apparently sounded fine and she was unconcerned.

I think it is possible that the intruders had entered the home around 5 pm, and made Amy call her husband and tell him it was an emergency, and he needed to come home and tell NO ONE about it, or their lives would be in danger.
But the housekeeper was only supposed to be there until 3.

I agree AS more then likely called SS with an excuse to come home under command of the attacker(s).

Speaking of language, why allow SS to communicate with his sister when there was a risk of them communicating in Greek? They were second generation Americans who I bet learned Greek as children. They still attended Greek Orthodox Church etc.. SS could have easily dropped some random Greek hints into the conversation but he apparently sounded fine and she was unconcerned.

Not to be too graphic, but a knife to his son's throat would compel the father to follow direct orders and not try anything "funny".

i just think the husband did it and many of the things that happened, including car...were all staged to make it look like it wasnt him. Maybe it was murder suicide and he still didnt want peeps to know what he did. We all know sociopaths wear many faces. I also think the husband made the texts from all the cellphones. He worked hard to cover it up...and am guessing he was also the one who wasnt tied up or beaten and he was the one they mention smelled like gasoline. Why couldnt he be the one in sweatshirt with hood? And he turned off or covered cameras on security system. my gut instinct only.

i just think the husband did it and many of the things that happened, including car...were all staged to make it look like it wasnt him. Maybe it was murder suicide and he still didnt want peeps to know what he did. We all know sociopaths wear many faces. I also think the husband made the texts from all the cellphones. He worked hard to cover it up...and am guessing he was also the one who wasnt tied up or beaten and he was the one they mention smelled like gasoline. Why couldnt he be the one in sweatshirt with hood? And he turned off or covered cameras on security system. my gut instinct only.

Google the Father, click on "images" and look at his height next to his wife and his "shape."

Then look at the tall, thin individual in the police video.

Very different IMO.

I think it is possible that the intruders had entered the home around 5 pm, and made Amy call her husband and tell him it was an emergency, and he needed to come home and tell NO ONE about it, or their lives would be in danger.

I'm thinking the same thing.

They knew she was at home alone with her son and took that opportunity to seek entry into the house (whether they knew her personally and entered under the ruse of some type of business or if they knew enough about her--her schedule, demeanor, etc.--but she might not have known them. Maybe they posed as one of those vacuum cleaner salesmen that the media reported had been spotted in the area that week). The fact that neighbors distinctly recall a prowler in the neighborhood, someone banging loudly on a door at some point, and "aggressive" vacuum cleaner salesmen in the area... seems like a big piece of the puzzle to me. It would appear that someone was scoping out the neighborhood. Maybe they were looking for an easy target and felt like they found one.

After they gained entry, maybe they threatened to hurt the son and forced Amy to call her husband to convince him to come home. Maybe there was no go-kart accident and that was just an excuse to get him home or an excuse to give the housekeeper as a reason for leaving earlier than planned.

Maybe Amy attempted to flee w/ her son initially... in the Porsche (which would explain the speeding or erratic behavior of the car that was seen leaving the house by a neighbor on Wednesday)... but the perp jumped in the car and/or ran after her and attacked her... which would leave his DNA behind and might be why they chose to torch the car the next day.

So many possibilities!

He was pulled out of the house dead hours before the guy in the sweatshirt was running from the car on fire.

agree. I had done that. Just curious...with all conversations on this thread pointing to someone or multiple peeps...can anyone paint a picture or rethink the scenario where husband committed the crime? This scenario has not even been considered...i think because ....as hoped...we are all playing into the someone else had to do this. Think Josh Powell. Am I crazy to think this. Thanks all.

I'm thinking the same thing.

They knew she was at home alone with her son and took that opportunity to seek entry into the house (whether they knew her personally and entered under the ruse of some type of business or if they knew enough about her--her schedule, demeanor, etc.--but she might not have known them. Maybe they posed as one of those vacuum cleaner salesmen that the media reported had been spotted in the area that week). The fact that neighbors distinctly recall a prowler in the neighborhood, someone banging loudly on a door at some point, and "aggressive" vacuum cleaner salesmen in the area... seems like a big piece of the puzzle to me. It would appear that someone was scoping out the neighborhood. Maybe they were looking for an easy target and felt like they found one.

After they gained entry, maybe they threatened to hurt the son and forced Amy to call her husband to convince him to come home. Maybe there was no go-kart accident and that was just an excuse to get him home or an excuse to give the housekeeper as a reason for leaving earlier than planned.

Maybe Amy attempted to flee w/ her son initially... in the Porsche (which would explain the speeding or erratic behavior of the car that was seen leaving the house by a neighbor on Wednesday)... but the perp jumped in the car and/or ran after her and attacked her... which would leave his DNA behind and might be why they chose to torch the car the next day.

So many possibilities!

They had to have arrived before 3PM. That was the time the housekeeper was set to leave (according to numerous articles.)

If they got there at 5PM...that hard working lady would still be alive.

agree. I had done that. Just curious...with all conversations on this thread pointing to someone or multiple peeps...can anyone paint a picture or rethink the scenario where husband committed the crime? This scenario has not even been considered...i think because ....as hoped...we are all playing into the someone else had to do this. Think Josh Powell. Am I crazy to think this. Thanks all.

How could the husband die in the fire and then drive the car 17 miles, set it on fire and run away?

ABC has layed out a time line here, all with info from NG so for what it's worth

Early Evening

Meanwhile, Gutierrez drove with Savvas Savopoulus to his new studio in Chantilly, Virginia, which he was getting ready for a new opening. He was supposed to stay there until 7 p.m. but said had to go home at 5 p.m., telling Gutierrez that he had to go home and take care of his son Phillip, who was injured in a go-kart accident, because his wife Amy was going out that night.

Much more here
http://abcnews.go.com/US/timeline-mysterious-hours-leading-dc-mansion-fire-raise/story?id=31159620

Whoa. So what if Amy called and summoned SS home because of a "GoKart Injury" but in reality Amy, Phillip and the maid were already being held hostage?

The perps forced Amy to call and lie to get SS home early.

This is the first I've heard that SS went home to check on Phillip.

you are missing the fact that the car was burned hours after the house was discovered to be on fire......so no, this is not a murder suicide.

The other maid and the victim maid's husband stories seem odd.

You are banging on the door for your wife.

You hear thumping sounds.

You go to look around back.

You get a text from someone inside saying everything is ok.

Then you leave.

Now with the maid. Idk. She was very detailed and had contact with everyone. But since she's been the maid for a while. I expect that. But i would still check her call logs. Just in case.

The way the video looked. Even if I knew the suspect. I wouldn't be able to tell if it was them or not.

That video by dumpster was taking with a 1945 kodak or something. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592