DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a possibility. If it was money they were after, surely they would have kept the expensive car, not burnt it out.

What would they do with the car? It's very distinctive. It would get them caught. Whereas money is money. Unless it's labeled somehow it's not going to get them caught.

Poor little Phillip was separated from the adults (from this article). I have a feeling that the reason SS said they were, I forget SS's exact wording in the VM, having some issues with Phillip is because he was tied up upstairs and he was screaming so dad had to come up with a reason to cover why Phillip was upset. I am so angry typing this right now because this is one of the most horrible cases I have heard. These monsters better be caught soon!!
Child was kept separate, probably because they could control the father by telling him if he doesn't do as they say they will kill the child. Then, father couldn't even try to escape because he wouldn't have time to save the child.

The police haven't said if they were deceased before the fire starting have they? Only that three had stab and blunt force trauma wounds? And that the fire started in the boys room? No mention of them still being tied up when firefighter discovered them either? I wonder when/ if they will release the autopsy reports? I still don't like that the fourth person was killed in a different way. Why ?

From what was reported, they were dead prior to the fire.
They were probably multiple perps. One could have killed the three adults and another killed the child. Thus, different methods to kill the three adults from the child.

What would they do with the car? It's very distinctive. It would get them caught. Whereas money is money. Unless it's labeled somehow it's not going to get them caught.

Yes it is very distinctive. That's why I don't understand how he drove so far in it. But you're right. Nobody would want to be involved with the car considering where it had come from.

In the below link (first video on the page at approximately 1:17 in) the news man states that the investigators have spent days in the area that the car was abandoned because they believe that the perp was familiar with the area and that investigators have been showing photos of a "safety vest" to people in the area. Sounds like a safety vest linked to the man on video may have been found at the home or in the car. Perhaps that is how he gained access to the home.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

In the below link (first video on the page at approximately 1:17 in) the news man states that the investigators have spent days in the area that the car was abandoned because they believe that the perp was familiar with the area and that investigators have been showing photos of a "safety vest" to people in the area. Sounds like a safety vest linked to the man on video may have been found at the home or in the car. Perhaps that is how he gained access to the home.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Slayings-Were-Held-Overnight-304161751.html

Also, they think the suspects could have disabled the security system. Apparently there is nothing on security videos at the home. So they suspects would be familiar with how security systems work, if true.

How did "several men" get access to the house in broad daylight?

If the maid was leaving at 3Pm...they must have gotten in before she could leave.

would the child even be home from school yet? I've read he wasn't at school on Thursday, but I've seen nothing that says he wasn't there on Wednesday. The maid was leaving at 3PM and that would leave Amy alone with the child until Dad came home to babysit....so she could go out at 5PM.

It seems to be important to get in early to subdue these people one by one as they arrived. I'd like to know if the maid was there alone most of the day or if Amy was there with her. What reason could "several men" give to either Amy or the maid to allow them into the house? Or did one get in...and then let the others in?

Parts of this sound well-planned and parts seem sloppy.

There just seem to be easier times to rob the house with less need for violence. But it seems that we are dealing with people who enjoyed the violence...references to "cuts" on three victims. And it seems there wasnt enough stuff in the house to satisfy them.

I don't believe money was just left on the stoop. That would have been the biggest red-flag of all..."Bring me $40,000 but I not answering the door...just leave it out there."

Huh?

What is a "safety vest?" Why would a perp need one? Or what type of job requires wearing one?

you are missing the fact that the car was burned hours after the house was discovered to be on fire......so no, this is not a murder suicide.

Never let one of the few facts we know get in the way of wild speculation. :tantrum:

I was thinking a safety vest would be like a bright yellow, lightweight cloth worn by cyclists and construction crews.....didn't catch the newscast where it was shown so I could be wrong.

IMO a Porsche is not that out of the ordinary in the DC Metro area. I live between Baltimore and there are a lot of high end cars around.

ETA...I didn't link the post I was responding to. It was saying that the perp couldn't drive the Porsche without being noticed.

Could the criminal have put on a safety vest pretending to work for the utility company and came to the door telling whoever answered the door... that there may be a gas leak inside of the home and they needed to come in and checkout the inside system?

IMO

Could the criminal have put on a safety vest pretending to work for the utility company and came to the door telling whoever answered the door... that there may be a gas leak inside of the home and they needed to come in and checkout the inside system?

IMO

I agree.
I have been thinking for past few days that it must have been someone dressed to look like a worker that walked right up to the house and then got in easily by just either walking in through unlocked door or knocking and then after door was answered , then pushed right in.

Remember the other day LE was said to have been letting a dog smell something to track the guys path from the burned vehicle. I bet it was this vest they were using for the dog to smell.

It was reported that at least one body had the odor of gasoline. I am afraid it was little Philip and he was the one that didn't have blunt/sharp force trauma. I just hope he had already passed before the fire was set.

How horrific. So maybe this perp felt sorry for the boy and didnt want to stab him but yet burned him alive. What a sadistic animal.

Could this be a sign that the perp has a son?

Do the police mean that the security CAMERAS were disabled or the system itself?

For some reason, I think they mean the cameras...because they supposedly show nothing. That would indicate a lot of advance work in this crime. I doubt anyone would be outside fiddling with cameras while holding hostages inside.

That would mean that someone was there disabling those cameras on another day. How did they pull THAT off? No matter how nice that area is...it's an urban area and they have a very expensive art collection. If someone showed up claiming to be from the security company, I think the owners would check credentials, check them out.

And if they cut power to the security system itself, the family member would get a call and have to give a specific identity code and then follow with the security code. The perps would not know if they substituted the "hostage" code instead. These codes are different for every household...no way to know. Every family member has a different identity code as well.

I doubt the maids would be given any of these codes, no matter how trusted.

I keep trying to think why they waited till Thursday. It had to be bank related is my guess.

Maybe the bank was closed by the time they secured all the household members. Banks close pretty early and if they needed to do a withdrawel, then they would have to wait till morning.

But still. Then why wait so late in day on Thursday?

They could have been done by 10AM or latest of 11AM if bank withdrawel. It seems the fire started even after that.

So was it something other than just simple cash withdrawel. Then what would that be?

Could it have been a safe somewhere with a time activation device that only opened at a certain time. Would someone like SS be able to buy a safe with a time activation device and if so then where would the safe have been?

So many questions.
I suppose it could have been a simple withdrawel too and it just took them a little longer to finally get back and ponder and decide to kill everyone.

The perp seems dumb and yet also seems smart in some ways. Or dumb luck.

I keep trying to think why they waited till Thursday. It had to be bank related is my guess.

Maybe the bank was closed by the time they secured all the household members. Banks close pretty early and if they needed to do a withdrawel, then they would have to wait till morning.

But still. Then why wait so late in day on Thursday?

They could have been done by 10AM or latest of 11AM if bank withdrawel. It seems the fire started even after that.

So was it something other than just simple cash withdrawel. Then what would that be?

Could it have been a safe somewhere with a time activation device that only opened at a certain time. Would someone like SS be able to buy a safe with a time activation device and if so then where would the safe have been?

So many questions.
I suppose it could have been a simple withdrawel too and it just took them a little longer to finally get back and ponder and decide to kill everyone.

The perp seems dumb and yet also seems smart in some ways. Or dumb luck.

Yes, good post.
The longer they stayed, the more issues they had to deal with: phone calls, people coming to the door, lawn services, the other maid.

More things they had to "manage."

More chances of failure, of getting caught.

So why stay THAT long?,

Utility company.....Good thought....

I live near Baltimore and almost weekly I have people, usually in pairs, sometimes single, come to the door wearing safety vests and carrying a clipboard. They ask to see my utility bill. They are generally from a competing utility company trying to get me to change from BGE. I've had several get angry when I refuse and several have lied when I ask who they are with. BTW, I never open the door and have a glass /iron door that I keep locked and speak through.

bbm, Orange vest usually seen around construction site, and when they are working on the road and have traffic down to one lane and a person (flagger) flagging you to go around after changing the stop sign to slow. I would imagine SS having one at the home with the Iron work his company did, I am sure he visited the work sites and had one handy with a safety hat as well. So they were in the area that the car was found torched asking if someone was seen in a safety vest, that would lead me to think they may have someone on camera in a safety vest holding/carrying a bucket/bag. jmo idk

I live near Baltimore and almost weekly I have people, usually in pairs, sometimes single, come to the door wearing safety vests and carrying a clipboard. They ask to see my utility bill. They are generally from a competing utility company trying to get me to change from BGE. I've had several get angry when I refuse and several have lied when I ask who they are with. BTW, I never open the door and have a glass /iron door that I keep locked and speak through.

I have had ADT people come to the door repeatedly throughout the last 2 years. I got a weird feeling they weren't from ADT. I have stopped answering the door to salesmen. I don't care if they see me look out at them and then not answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn