DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we know where the money actually came from. The story that JW witnessed it being withdrawn was a lie. There is something about the money he felt he had to obscure. I believe that he lied because he thought SS was still alive and didn't want to get in trouble. I go back and forth about whether DW acted alone. On the one hand, I don't see him connected to anyone at AIW and I don't see any evidence thats been released implicating anyone else. On the other hand, I get stuck on the removal of the DVR. Even if he somehow got SS to reveal where the DVR was, knowing to ask seems like inside information to me.

Didn't the g/f claim DW was going to turn himself in? What was he going to turn himself in for if she didn't know?

Based on some of the very early reports , it sure seems like the GF in NY should be arrested for something. Either harboring a fugitive or at a minimum obstructing justice.

Because she had to be apprehended by LE. She was not about to ever go to LE and she knew information like telling LE he was going to turn himself in. She would have had to know about him to know that.

All based on the early reports about her. LE needs to turn up the heat on some folks to get some answers IMO.

IMO I also think she gave him another cell phone to use too for trip back. Once LE dug info out of her they tracked him by that other phone. That was what I recall the news hinting at.

This company was 100% owned by SS. A withdrawal of funds like this, going directly to the owner, would likely be accounted for as additional compensation or a dividend. Removal of $ by an owner is not uncommon (speaking generally for closely held businesses, not this one particularly). In no way would this be indicative of money laundering.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My accounting is a little rusty, but I thought that was only for LLCs, not C and S-corps; I also don't think SS is the sole proprietor given that it's a family business. I would be willing to bet (but I have no evidence) that his siblings and parents still own a good share of the company. MOO, etc.

Lone suspect in D.C. mansion murders flagged for deportation

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has flagged for deportation the sole suspect charged in the high-profile, quadruple homicide in the multimillion dollar Northwest home of businessman Savvas Savopoulos.

The agency has placed an immigration detainer on Darron Delon Dennis Wint, who was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in last month’s killings of a D.C. couple, their 10-year-old child and the family’s housekeeper. ICE officials confirmed that Mr. Wint, who is a citizen of Guyana, could face deportation from the United States if he is convicted.

(Snipped)

If convicted, ICE would not take him into the agency’s custody until after he served his sentence. Immigration courts would then determine whether he should be deported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...arron-wint-flagged-for-deporta/#ixzz3cTWiUmVr
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

All I know is that four human beings are deceased after an individual became the personal assistant for one of them. Whether that person is directly involved remains unknown, but does raise a number of questions and suspicions.

Explaining the $$$ -What about idea a member suggested earlier - Emergency welding job w big payday?

Seriously, $40,000 currency in $100 bills. Why convert some or all to M/Os, etc.
Did he fear -
- LE recorded serial #s & in spending bills, he w/be ID'ed?
- poss danger of destruction of bills, of losing, of being mugged/robbed?
- arrest and LE confiscating currency. If so, why not convert/start converting sooner, so no cash on hand when arrested?

If he did not anticipate arrest, why start converting any?

Did MSM say one or ppl w him at time of his arrest, said that she/they bought M/Os etc w $ he provided to them?

I did not see DDW's SM. Did it have Flash-the-Cash pix? Maybe had to keep some $ on hand to be a babe magnet? Or a VIP w his chums?

I was baffled by the money orders too, and over the weekend when I was with friends, I said, "I didn't even know that people use money orders anymore," without mentioning anything about the case, the reaction of several people was, "yes, people without a lot of money use them all the time. A lot of people use them to send remittances to family abroad."

I hadn't thought of it before, but I suppose it's possible that he planned to send the money orders to Guyana and skip the country.

All I know is that four human beings are deceased after an individual became the personal assistant for one of them. Whether that person is directly involved remains unknown, but does raise a number of questions and suspicions.

Sure is a POI to me. Mainly because of the photo he took of the car which showed he really wanted that car and then that car ends up being taken. And he delivered cash to house and seems he didnt tell whole truth about some things.
And, and , and.....

Too many suspicous things. Way too many.

Car was used to escape and then burned. It's of no use to anyone.

The only reason I could think of for DW to convert the cash into money orders would be to mail them to someone perhaps outside of the US.

The only reason I could think of for DW to convert the cash into money orders would be to mail them to someone perhaps outside of the US.

Would US money orders be even accepted there?

My accounting is a little rusty, but I thought that was only for LLCs, not C and S-corps; I also don't think SS is the sole proprietor given that it's a family business. I would be willing to bet (but I have no evidence) that his siblings and parents still own a good share of the company. MOO, etc.
MSM reports say he was the 100% shareholder. And LLCs do not have stock and are not recognized for federal tax purposes as separate legal entities... in that case it would be some sort of draw account as all the income would automatically be considered his personal income. Presuming MSM is correct that it is indeed a corporation, it would be comp or a dividend. Usually, compensation is the preferred treatment for tax purposes over dividend, depends on if they book it as comp immediately or just put it in a due from owner account and let the tax guys deal with it after year end.

(Unverified corporate tax accountant here [emoji6] )

ETA The 100% ownership surprised me as well, which is why it stuck in my mind. I also would have expected other family to have some ownership interest, either directly or through a trust. Of course, the 100% could always be misreporting.

MSM reports say he was the 100% shareholder. And LLCs do not have stock and are not recognized for federal tax purposes as separate legal entities... in that case it would be some sort of draw account as all the income would automatically be considered his personal income. Presuming MSM is correct that it is indeed a corporation, it would be comp or a dividend. Usually, compensation is the preferred treatment for tax purposes over dividend, depends on if they book it as comp immediately or just put it in a due from owner account and let the tax guys deal with it after year end.

ETA The 100% ownership surprised me as well, which is why it stuck in my mind. I also would have expected other family to have some ownership interest, either directly or through a trust. Of course, the 100% could always be misreporting.

Thanks! Glad to hear from someone who knows their accounting. But I agree with you -- 100% is surprising and I suspect, misreporting. That would mean his living father just handed over 100% of the business to his son. Possible, but doubtful (MOO).

The search warrants do not list jewelry, paintings and such to be searched for. Leads me to believe that either none were taken, or they were already found in the search of the parents home, or girlfriends home. Interesting that we have seen the SW's for the vehicles, but not for the homes. Maybe we will this week.

Thanks! Glad to hear from someone who knows their accounting. But I agree with you -- 100% is surprising and I suspect, misreporting. That would mean his living father just handed over 100% of the business to his son. Possible, but doubtful (MOO).
Could just be estate planning. .. may have spent many years shifting stock to the son to get it out of the father's estate. I would still expect some stock to be held in trust for grandchildren, though, and some to be shifted to SS's sister.

The search warrants do not list jewelry, paintings and such to be searched for. Leads me to believe that either none were taken, or they were already found in the search of the parents home, or girlfriends home. Interesting that we have seen the SW's for the vehicles, but not for the homes. Maybe we will this week.

It seems the only things he could have taken were what could fit in his pockets and carry away from the escape Porsche
IMO....money, perhaps some jewelry, the cell phones and the security DVR

Could just be estate planning. .. may have spent many years shifting stock to the son to get it out of the father's estate. I would still expect some stock to be held in trust for grandchildren, though, and some to be shifted to SS's sister.

Totally agree.

I think it's pretty likely the reporter was being sloppy and said "SS" when it was "Savopoulos family".

Like, within only a month from being hired, too.

Perhaps transferring ownership to his only son, Phillip was finally able to put an end to his longstanding legal disputes with his old business partner.

Like, within only a month from being hired, too.

You know, it just occurred to me that JW posted his "Mosler" pictures on SM in January. That was several months before he came into the employ of SS and a day before the emissions inspection reported in the Carfax report (see earlier post by RKF). Interesting that JW knew about the car and took it for a spin (according to JW, anyway) several months before asking SS for a job. Since no one has been able to produce any evidence that the Mosler's registration was current (and the Carfax report makes it look like it went fallow for about a year with no repairs noted either), I wonder if the car came out of the garage for the first time in a while at the encouragement of JW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member