DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carfax says that it passed the emissions test in January.

Why does JW have his buddy's registration in his backpack after his friend is found murdered, though? I really cannot think of a good reason for that.

okay, so if it passed the test I wonder why SS never bothered to get it registered. If i'm not mistaken JW had the old, (not worth anything) registration in his backpack. Could have been sitting in there since Jan, when perhaps SS asked him if he could go get it tested. could be. sounds just as good as any other idea. jmo and all that stuff lol

Or that is what SS felt the car was worth. My DH and his club of enthusiasts believe the Mosler was part of the motive.

JMO

And maybe what SS told JW the car was worth.

Or that is what SS felt the car was worth. My DH and his club of enthusiasts believe the Mosler was part of the motive.

JMO
I asked a friend who races (high end) what a Mosler was when I first heard about the case. He told me, "a safe". lol
It was an S model, not a racing car.

As has been posted here already...there was recently (I think?) a Mosler that sold for $700K. Not the same model.

True, but again, it was JW who posted that it was a $700K car. That is relevant, IMO.

okay, so if it passed the test I wonder why SS never bothered to get it registered. If i'm not mistaken JW had the old, (not worth anything) registration in his backpack. Could have been sitting in there since Jan, when perhaps SS asked him if he could go get it tested. could be. sounds just as good as any other idea. jmo and all that stuff lol

I agree -- that's probably the most likely innocent explanation for having the registration. But to walk around with it for five months after the emissions test... when DCers have said you do the registration online...I think it's a stretch. JMO, etc. etc.

google it. there are a couple of them up for sale in the 200-300k range. No need for an auction.

I have and seen the prices in Europe, just because one person won't pay it doesn't mean another won't.

True, but again, it was JW who posted that it was a $700K car. That is relevant, IMO.

Which just tells me JW didn't really research the car...because he wasn't looking to steal it and then sell it on the open market or black market - or any of the other number of things that have been thrown out.

It tells you something different.

I agree -- that's probably the most likely innocent explanation for having the registration. But to walk around with it for five months after the emissions test... when DCers have said you do the registration online...I think it's a stretch. JMO, etc. etc.

I've also not seen any explanation for JW's vehicle being parked a block away from the crime scene. None of that part of the interview has been shared.

JMO

lol if he's anything like me, I have stuff in my purse that dates back a while. I'm just thinking that maybe he took the car in for the test, but SS would be the one to be doing the actual registration stuff online and you don't need the old registration for that, you would use the paperwork that came from the dmv stating you needed to do your new registration. Thats why I just don't think it's any big deal. JMO but i think he was helping a friend and a friend was being really cool and saying hey, you wanna drive my mosler, you can drive it, as long as you take it in to be tested...or maybe they went together, idk...Are we positive that the registration was never renewed. is it possible that he renewed it in someone elses name, maybe one of his kids as a gift or something.

lol if he's anything like me, I have stuff in my purse that dates back a while. I'm just thinking that maybe he took the car in for the test, but SS would be the one to be doing the actual registration stuff online and you don't need the old registration for that, you would use the paperwork that came from the dmv stating you needed to do your new registration. Thats why I just don't think it's any big deal. JMO but i think he was helping a friend and a friend was being really cool and saying hey, you wanna drive my mosler, you can drive it, as long as you take it in to be tested...or maybe they went together, idk...Are we positive that the registration was never renewed. is it possible that he renewed it in someone elses name, maybe one of his kids as a gift or something.

It would retain the same VIN. Several of us looked it up by VIN, not owner name. The car with that VIN has a registration that expired in 2013.

I've also not seen any explanation for JW's vehicle being parked a block away from the crime scene. None of that part of the interview has been shared.

JMO

JMO, but I think it would be logical for it to be parked there. He couldn't have parked any closer, it was blocked off by police and fire trucks. I think, if i'm not mistaken that some locals that post here have confirmed that. The documents say that he drove to the house after learning of the fire. He could Not have gotten any closer and I don't see why he would park further away than he had too. So One block to me just seems logical. But JMO

Not that it really matters in the whole scheme of things, but i wonder why SS never registered it.

It could be something as simple as when the vin number was entered for a new registration it was entered wrong. Maybe off one digit. IMO.

Not that it really matters in the whole scheme of things, but i wonder why SS never registered it.

I agree it's weird. Maybe it just wasn't a priority and he got busy with other things :( Maybe he asked JW to do it and JW flaked out? IDK.

JMO

He drove over when he heard about the fire. This has been reported. He had to park a block away because of the emergency vehicles.

I agree it's weird. Maybe it just wasn't a priority and he got busy with other things :( Maybe he asked JW to do it and JW flaked out? IDK.

true, If the car wasn't being driven then why bother. Except for the fees that add up. And JW didn't work for him at the time so i doubt he would have given him his credit card and stuff then. Maybe after he hired him. I'm assuming when you do it online you have to pay with a credit card. I've never done that. we always go to AAA

Edit to add, we go there because there is never a line and you get tags right then.

Is there any way to look up registration of all Moslers - not that VIN, but Moslers in general? I wonder if there is a recent registration in Maryland or Florida, say, that closely matches the description of this car.... but has a slightly different VIN and different owner name? Would it be possible for a chop shop to change the VIN number to match a bogus registration and title?

Hmmm... so maybe "consistent with" the 40k means the bulk of the money was found, and the extra money orders were from pawning property they stole? IDK MOO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JMO pawn shops are risky and the return is not great. If they planned this crime, they had a fence or a buyer. Even without planning this particular burglary, they likely know how to deal with stolen goods. They might also, as another WS member suggested, have an off-site storage place. I am pretty sure LE keeping an eye out for GFs sporting new bling. The money orders represented a conversion of part of the 40k. As a fugitive in this case, Wint would take a big risk going to an NYC pawnshop (or several to allay suspicion over an estate "haul") and would get poor return.
But pawnshops, in DC and NYC, will be on the LE radar/to-do list. Who knows if an item or two will find its way to one?

Where is the Bentley? Still want to know what's behind garage #1 ... garage #2 had Mosler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley