CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

I haven't thought about the details of this crime for a long time but it crossed my mind tonight and I thought of some weird details that may or may not say a lot - things that bug me:

The Burner Phone:
1. Was either only bought in Vancouver when someone was on a day trip there from the island/Victoria
2. Killers came from Vancouver
3. Killers came from elsewhere but passed through Vancouver to get the ferry
If killer was local, seems strange to go all the way to go to Vancouver to buy a burner phone but then again Victoria is a small city so more easily traceable.

The Dress:
1. LE would only release a version of what they think the dress looked like - this says they do no have the actual dress and killer didn't leave behind for fear of DNA tracing to dress possibly or they participated in the killing wearing the dress and took it with them because of blood too
2. The killers would likely change out of the dress regardless after the murder as it's a bold identifier. They didn't walk to meet Lindsay wearing backpacks with a change of clothes so the stash/new clothes would have to be in the yard area (risky to change outside) or already planted inside the house before the crime (unlikely too as access would be traced by the realtor lock box I'd think?). I think theories are they changed in housekeeping/mud room area so possible to stash a clothes bag in the yard by the mud room exit.

Access to the House:
1. Some theories are killers were waiting inside already and the couple was just bait/a lure. I would think the lock box access times would be recorded (or maybe lock boxes aren't recorded?) so not easy to go in and wait? But this is something an average joe wouldn't know (like me), someone had to be savvy with how real estate ins and outs work. It's too brazen for a person to take a chance Linsday was the ONLY one showing that house that day. How did they know no other realtor would show up? They know real estate or whoever planned it did.

Misc Information:
1. I can't remember if LE released if there were 2 killers involved in the actual crime (both participating in stabbing or one on the lookout). They do know this but if not released, keeping those details private for a trial if there ever was to be one as details only killers would know.
2. I do believe Jeff knows a lot as I've read the blog. There's another part of me that thinks it could be two women who did this even. A women dressed as the man at the meeting. But maybe not. I feel this crime has a woman's touch as sorry but I don't think a man would think about using the dress as a red herring and a woman may disarm Lindsay to meet as there's a sense of trust or safe feeling.

It’s strangely elaborate. It’s hard to think of another targeted killing that had so many “long con” elements and such a protracted set up.
Exactly. They went to long, protracted methods to get her killed. They weren't willing to overlook it or forget about it.

They must've really wanted her dead, and wanted to make sure the killing was kept "in house" and not contracted out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54
Back