CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Task Force Tip Line can be reached at 970-498-5595 or via email at*taskforce@larimer.org*with information regarding any of these incidents.

The Task Force is made up of members of the Larimer County Sheriff’s Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Windsor Police Department, the Weld County Sheriff’s Office, the Larimer County District Attorney’s Office, and the Weld County District Attorney’s Office."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ngs-task-force-looking-for-specific-witnesses

"Anyone with information regarding the SUV or any of these incidents, is asked to call the Task Force Tip Line at 970-498-5595 where you will remain anonymous. You may also send an email to taskforce@larimer.org with information regarding any of these incidents.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now offering an increased reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the arrest, prosecution, and conviction of the individual(s) responsible."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...-suv-in-northern-colorado-shootings/28752419/

Finally, something released by the CO Shooter/likely serial killer Task Force that the public can hang its hat on and BOLO for.. Doubling the amount of the reward from $10,000.00 to $20,000.00 speaks volumes, imo.. Turning up the heat... The hunter has now become the hunted, imo..

I came across these photos from CNN, not sure if they've been posted:

150521225706-ctn-pkg-cabrera-colorado-serial-sniper-00001509-full-169.jpg

150521225706-ctn-pkg-cabrera-colorado-serial-sniper-00001509-exlarge-169.jpg

I have gotten countless rocks into my front windshield over the years, but I have never gotten a side window damaged, let alone shattered, from road debris. I drive these roads plenty and I don't see anything different about the road surface that would lead me to believe there is suddenly a surge in debris. Now, closer to Denver there has indeed been a LOT of debris in the road for some reason. But that is not where these incidents are happening. If they really believe this is debris, then I think at night CDOT should be clearing the roads at night.

The road debris theory is a little hard to swallow, at least as an explanation for the big number of side and rear windows shatterings that we've been seeing. It normally takes a great deal of force to break tempered glass (the kind on side and back car windows). Here's a video showing a guy bouncing a mallet, hard, off of his side window:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...ogressive,q_80,w_636/k23vwbsf1mmtrag7jvc9.gif

One exception is if a window already has a tiny fracture or deep scratch from previous abuse. Then less force is required. (And there's also the Ninja rocks exception, which we've discussed before, and which also illustrated in the video, but which doesn't seem to be involved here).

I've been looking without success for data on how common non-crime related car window shatterings are. But I did learn that, when you Google for "car window shatterings" you get lots of articles for northern Colorado, and a few older stories about vandals, but no other stories on unexplained spikes in broken window reports. The concentration that we've seen isn't a fluke.

This is just my opinion.. Concerning the multiple shattered windows in April and May..The chances that there was a thorough investigation conducted by responding police are slim to none. Unless the vehicle was stationary' stopped at a traffic light, etc. If travelling the Interstate, when your side window shattered, it would take a very long distance to stop the vehicle, once the shock wore off..

Shattered windows on vehicles happen, and in an overwhelming number of times, it probability is due to a projectile from road debry. Since no projectile was located, the most likely scenario would have been the conclusion reached, imo. An incident report would have been prepared by the officer for insurance purposes and everyone would have been on their merry way..
The shooting incident of CR drastically changed this likely scenario and conclusion... At least in my mind..

INVESTIGATIONS
Type of Glass in Your Car's Windows Could Change Escape Plan
Laminated glass may help protect vehicle occupants in rollovers but could hinder escape in water-related accidents
http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigation...ndows-Could-Change-Escape-Plan-206353031.html

This is very interesting. What about other windows? Can anyone find any such reports?

Good point. Car windshields are much tougher than regular windows in houses. For that matter, so are side windows - it's pretty much impossible to break out of a locked car unless you have a sharp implement with with to break a window.

Here's a little more on the six April window shatterings in Weld County that the Weld CSO hasn't ruled out as being due to "road debris, excessive vibration or temperature changes",

“Of the six other incidents in Weld County, two involved shots fired by a BB gun at vehicles not on highways or freeways, and one was traced to a “wrist rocket-style slingshot” along Interstate 25. Two more stemmed from “unconfirmed incidents of weapons discharged along Colorado Highway 14,” the sheriff’s office reported.”

From a 5/13/15 Coloradoan piece by Jason Pohl.

So that would leave only two I-25 shatterings in April in Weld County, out of the eight I show. I'm still looking for more on which particular incidents Weld CSO is talking about.

Changing gears a little, I'd never heard of any shatterings along "Colorado Highway 14", and can't find it on a map. Can anyone help?

Here's a little more on the six April window shatterings in Weld County that the Weld CSO hasn't ruled out as being due to "road debris, excessive vibration or temperature changes",

“Of the six other incidents in Weld County, two involved shots fired by a BB gun at vehicles not on highways or freeways, and one was traced to a “wrist rocket-style slingshot” along Interstate 25. Two more stemmed from “unconfirmed incidents of weapons discharged along Colorado Highway 14,” the sheriff’s office reported.”

From a 5/13/15 Coloradoan piece by Jason Pohl.

So that would leave only two I-25 shatterings in April in Weld County, out of the eight I show. I'm still looking for more on which particular incidents Weld CSO is talking about.

Changing gears a little, I'd never heard of any shatterings along "Colorado Highway 14", and can't find it on a map. Can anyone help?

There have been problems in the past with recreational shooters in and around Pawnee National Grasslands. Including people doing target practice too close to CO 14 and other roads, shooting at windmills and setting grass fires with tracer rounds. Perhaps one of the sociopaths responsible for those problems graduated to shooting at people.

Thanks very much! I see it now.

Our map doesn't show any incidents on Highway 14 in Weld, only one on another road but just off of 14, and in Larimer, not weld. So if those incidents were reported, I missed them. I'll go back and check.

"Of the six other incidents in Weld County, two involved shots fired by a BB gun at vehicles not on highways or freeways, and one was traced to a “wrist rocket-style slingshot” along Interstate 25. Two more stemmed from “unconfirmed incidents of weapons discharged along Colorado Highway 14,” the sheriff’s office reported." [I bolded the last sentence]

Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan, Weld tallies 22 broken window reports in April

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet as a possibility for an increased number of car window shatterings is the flooding from 2013..an enormous amount of silt has washed downstream ...construction projects are amping up...and a lot of dirt is moving around...the main thoroughfare is I-25...I'm not saying I believe it's the cause of all these window shatterings but I suppose it's a possibility?

FBI doubles reward for information leading to suspect in northern Colorado*shootings
http://kdvr.com/2015/06/09/fbi-doub...ng-to-suspect-in-northern-colorado-shootings/

"FORT COLLINS, Colo. — The FBI doubled the reward it’s offering for information leading investigators to the person who is shooting people in northern Colorado. The reward leading to arrest, prosecution and conviction is now $20,000."

newsconference.jpg
Loveland Police, FBI hold news conference

"Investigators are interested in talking to anyone who was near the area of East 1st Street and St. Louis Avenue in Loveland on the night of June 3 between 10 and 11 p.m. They also want to speak with a person driving a white Ford SUV on May 18 near Weld County roads 72 and 15. The task force believes that person may have important information about the homicide of John Jacoby while he rode his bike."

http://kdvr.com/2015/06/09/fbi-doub...ng-to-suspect-in-northern-colorado-shootings/

Forager's Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kzPJOvnNDQio

_mcET_cBZbDqkj5osothPq4JfxWgcr2dnyOwmZVBK6g=w618-h664-no.png

I'm unable to view the material here. Can someone please see what it says-- something about the Loveland Shooting originally being called in to dispatch as a hit and run? Tia!

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ecords-light-loveland-shooting-call/28763563/

A 911 caller thought the slain man lying on the side of a normally bustling Loveland street had been hit by a car, according to dispatch recordings.

But as William Connole, 65, bled to death on the northwest corner of East First Street and St. Louis Avenue, officers quickly realized the man had not been the latest victim of a hit-and-run crash — he'd been shot. The situation's seriousness, thrust to a heightened level with still-unsolved shootings in recent weeks, is apparent in emergency radio communications, obtained by the Coloradoan.

Loveland officers were dispatched alongside Thompson Valley EMS and Loveland firefighters on a reported hit-and-run crash. A dispatcher said a passerby called in, saying the man was "bleeding uncontrollably."
<snipped - read more>

I've "got a gun casing on the floor here, guys," an officer reports.

Then the incident was immediately taken to a separate radio channel.

As more sheriff's office deputies rushed to the scene, grasping to piece together information, it becomes clear the incident could be among the latest in a string of unsolved shootings. As of Tuesday, investigators have not officially linked the Loveland shooting to recent weeks' shootings, one fatal and one non-fatal. However, they haven't ruled out a link, either.

Clarifying the radio chatter, Larimer County Sheriff's Office spokesman David Moore said the officer was "mistaken" and that no shell casing was recovered at the scene. Additional details about what evidence has been collected at the multiple crime scenes has not been publicly released.

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ecords-light-loveland-shooting-call/28763563/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner