CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I was looking through some old articles, somehow I think I missed this?

From April 28th article:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/another-driver-has-window-shattered-causes-remain-a-mystery/

"A driver remains hospitalized after a bullet came through her window last week. There are also cases under investigation in Loveland, Mead and Keenesburg."

*note "Mead and Keenesburg"

Also:

shattered-window-scare-5pkg.jpg
Randy Lingbloom’s shattered window (credit: CBS)

shattered-window-6pkg-trans.jpg

“Glass just shattered and just went all over,” said Randy Lingbloom from Cheyenne, Wyoming.
"He wasn’t hurt. He was in the left lane driving southbound from Cheyenne to Lafayette when his window shattered as he passed the Budweiser plant in Fort Collins."

shattered-window-scare-map.jpg

Snip

"In nearly all the cases the driver’s side front or back window shattered."

Article from April 30:

B9317163517Z.1_20150429145636_000_G6SAL513R.1-0.jpg
Colorado State Patrol and the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday pursued numerous reports of suspicious vehicles along I-25.(Photo: Katie de la Rosa/The Coloradoan)

"While shattered windows are common repairs due to vehicle break-ins, glass technicians across Fort Collins said it is unusual for so many side windows to break, especially in such a short time-span.

"We don't see too many where they break on the highway," said Talon Wright, office manager with Fort Collins-based Novus Glass. While windshield glass is laminated and more resistant to road debris, side windows generally are not. That's why they crumble.""

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...rts-stream-wednesday-larimer-county/26586005/

Also from the April 30 article:

"That stop came just hours after the Larimer County Sheriff's Office responded to an insurance firm in Fort Collins where a woman reported her rear passenger truck window had shattered while she drove I-25.

And moments after clearing the driver from the traffic stop near Loveland, investigators responded to the park-and-ride near the Windsor exit. There, Brady Collins told investigators she was driving north on the frontage road south of Windsor when her passenger window shattered.

"It took me about 30 seconds to a minute to realize what happened," Collins said. "I felt the side of my body to make sure I wasn't bleeding."

No vehicles were in front of Collins, and her driver-side window was down when she heard what she called "a really, really loud pop."

"The window just exploded into me," she said while looking at cracked remnants that lined the window's frame."

From April 28th:
http://kdvr.com/2015/04/28/fifth-vehicle-window-shattering-reported-in-northern-colorado/

View attachment 76107
https://mobile.twitter.com/TakLandrock

"— The driver’s side window of a pickup truck was shattered as a man was driving southbound on Interstate 25 on Tuesday morning, the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office said.

The incident happened about 9:40 a.m. near the exit for Larimer County Road 50 in northeast Fort Collins."

Snip

"On April 21 about 11:15 a.m., the right passenger window of a Larimer County Sheriff’s Office van shattered while traveling on Interstate 25 just north of Mead. The van was transporting three inmates from the Jefferson County Detention Center when the window shattered. There were no injuries.

On Wednesday, a man driving on East Eisenhower Boulevard just before North Cleveland Avenue in Loveland just before 10 p.m. reported he heard a “pop” and the rear window of his vehicle suddenly shattered. He was not injured.

About 90 minutes later, Cori Romero was*shot in the neck*while driving southbound on Interstate 25 between East Harmony Road and Highway 392. The bullet shattered the driver’s side window of the vehicle about 11:15 p.m. and entered Romero’s neck. She managed to pull to the side of the road and call 911 for help, and was transported to a hospital.

On Thursday just after noon, a man driving on Weld County Road 49 between Weld County Road 26 and Weld County Road 24 said his driver’s side window shattered. He said he thought he had been shot but was not injured."

Woah, I was looking through some old articles, somehow I think I missed this?

From April 28th article:
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/another-driver-has-window-shattered-causes-remain-a-mystery/

"A driver remains hospitalized after a bullet came through her window last week. There are also cases under investigation in Loveland, Mead and Keenesburg."

*note "Mead and Keenesburg"

Also:

[_attached photos respectfully removed by Forager response_]

Randy Lingbloom’s shattered window (credit: CBS)

“Glass just shattered and just went all over,” said Randy Lingbloom from Cheyenne, Wyoming.
"He wasn’t hurt. He was in the left lane driving southbound from Cheyenne to Lafayette when his window shattered as he passed the Budweiser plant in Fort Collins."

"In nearly all the cases the driver’s side front or back window shattered."

I hadn't seen that article before either, but we do have the Randy Lingbloom incident (labeled "Shattered 4/28/15 2/2"). But thanks - this source had a better location description than the others and I was able to improve the location of the marker plot. I'll see what I can find on the "Mead and Keenesburg" incidents.

From April 28th:
http://kdvr.com/2015/04/28/fifth-vehicle-window-shattering-reported-in-northern-colorado/

View attachment 76107
https://mobile.twitter.com/TakLandrock

"— The driver’s side window of a pickup truck was shattered as a man was driving southbound on Interstate 25 on Tuesday morning, the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office said.

The incident happened about 9:40 a.m. near the exit for Larimer County Road 50 in northeast Fort Collins."

Snip

"On April 21 about 11:15 a.m., the right passenger window of a Larimer County Sheriff’s Office van shattered while traveling on Interstate 25 just north of Mead. The van was transporting three inmates from the Jefferson County Detention Center when the window shattered. There were no injuries.

On Wednesday, a man driving on East Eisenhower Boulevard just before North Cleveland Avenue in Loveland just before 10 p.m. reported he heard a “pop” and the rear window of his vehicle suddenly shattered. He was not injured.

About 90 minutes later, Cori Romero was*shot in the neck*while driving southbound on Interstate 25 between East Harmony Road and Highway 392. The bullet shattered the driver’s side window of the vehicle about 11:15 p.m. and entered Romero’s neck. She managed to pull to the side of the road and call 911 for help, and was transported to a hospital.

On Thursday just after noon, a man driving on Weld County Road 49 between Weld County Road 26 and Weld County Road 24 said his driver’s side window shattered. He said he thought he had been shot but was not injured."

Thanks. We're good. These ones are all on the map.

Edited to add: No, I take it back. That first one ("The incident happened about 9:40 a.m. near the exit for Larimer County Road 50 in northeast Fort Collins") was not on the map. I'm adding it now. Thanks for finding that.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything being posted that shouldn't be. What is it we shouldn't post?

Article from April 30:

View attachment 76106
Colorado State Patrol and the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday pursued numerous reports of suspicious vehicles along I-25.(Photo: Katie de la Rosa/The Coloradoan)

"While shattered windows are common repairs due to vehicle break-ins, glass technicians across Fort Collins said it is unusual for so many side windows to break, especially in such a short time-span.

"We don't see too many where they break on the highway," said Talon Wright, office manager with Fort Collins-based Novus Glass.
While windshield glass is laminated and more resistant to road debris, side windows generally are not. That's why they crumble.""

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...rts-stream-wednesday-larimer-county/26586005/

<BBM for Focus>
Thanx for sharing this article and very interesting information , margarita25.. Imo, it confirms what many of us have concluded concerning vehicle side window breakage on interstates and other roadways.

Also from the April 30 article:

"That stop came just hours after the Larimer County Sheriff's Office responded to an insurance firm in Fort Collins where a woman reported her rear passenger truck window had shattered while she drove I-25.

And moments after clearing the driver from the traffic stop near Loveland, investigators responded to the park-and-ride near the Windsor exit. There, Brady Collins told investigators she was driving north on the frontage road south of Windsor when her passenger window shattered.

"It took me about 30 seconds to a minute to realize what happened," Collins said. "I felt the side of my body to make sure I wasn't bleeding."

No vehicles were in front of Collins, and her driver-side window was down when she heard what she called "a really, really loud pop."

"The window just exploded into me," she said while looking at cracked remnants that lined the window's frame."

This is the 2nd incident where a loud noise was heard. I really think some sort of exploding projectile is being used in some of these. They cannot find the projectile but they hear a loud noise.

It is so strange. The other red car was the one where the guy heard what he called an "explosion".

The only thing that makes any sense is if the projectile explodes which would explain no evidence found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500