DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would JW care about protecting a man he knew to be dead when a quadruple murder investigation was at stake? I would think that covering for some kind of criminal activity would be pretty low on his list of priorities right then.

Because he didn't know he was dead. SS was not identified until the next day. The talk at the scene was that the man who was dead was an employee. SS was wearing casual clothes and perhaps was not recognizable. Even if LE thought it was him, they weren't releasing that information.

Hello Good People,

I've been gone a few hours today, can you please retype everything I missed? Ok so I really read it all, has Amy S phone SW been posted yet? Saw that somewhere but don't remember if it is here.

Thanks , What I meant about the phone and you are absolutely correct (good point)that she would speak spanish and they were only letting savvas call out . What I meant ,though, was my husband would find it strange that I did not call him directly using another family member's phone if my phone was dead.

Agree. Guns a blazing. Let me speak to my wife now. I mean RIGHT NOW.

My wife spending the night out. And she is not personally telling me this. Ok

I believe there is a possibility that the bank (and others) suspected the money as a ransom demand and loaded it with a "dye pack" inside on detectable by a special light or similar. Something changed the mindset after the money drop to stimulate it to a monster murder site. I just can't believe someone walked out of B of A with $40K in cash on demand and no red flags went off.

JMO's

The money did not come from the bank. JW admitted that was a lie.

I think she was just saying what I feel as well. He was asked by his employer to put the money in the car. Heck, I wouldn't have questioned it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have questioned it. But due to me knowing that I was being trusted to deliver 40k. I would have made sure my boss received it directly from me. Just to eliminate any mis haps and misunderstandings.

Jmo

Quotes below are random picks, the article itself is lengthy with interesting information.

I think for years, it's a red flag threshold of $10,000 either deposited or withdrawn from a single account. This can also be taken together as an accumulated amount to determine whether it's worth noting. You can take 9,999 from more than a single account thinking you'd be circumventing the rule/law (?) but if the accounts are all at the same bank - they go for the total. So, I have always wondered (and posted) about why no red flags were raised and if they were, I'm curious about the process. Banks and the IRS don't want money laundering, drug deals or kidnapping. That much cash can be tax evasion.

”JP Morgan Chase is banning wire transfers*from their bank to foreign banks to prevent American capital flight which will surely happen as America wakes up to the desperate situation that the banks are in. The bank is also prohibiting any cash withdrawals of $50,000 or more. This past Friday, HSBC (America) followed suit. It is highly likely that all 5 megabanks will enact the same policies in the near future.

Federal law requires that the bank file a report based upon any withdrawal or deposit of $10,000 or more on any single given day. The law was designed to put a damper on money laundering, sophisticated counterfeiting and other federal crimes.

To remain in compliance with the law, financial institutions must obtain personal identification, information about the transaction and the social security number of the person conducting the transaction.

Technically, there is no federal law prohibiting the use of large amounts of cash. However, a CTR must be filed in ALL cases of cash transaction regardless of the reason underlying the transaction."

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2...oney-out-of-the-bank-without-going-to-prison/

Yes, there is a "process"......it doesn't mean that process wasn't followed at the bank or through AIG. People have access to their money.....it's their money. The laws were to prevent criminal activity and those processes described are in place for that. Again, it doesn't mean you "can't" take and use your own seasoned money.......no matter the amount.
It wasn't "mattress money". JMO

Because he didn't know he was dead. SS was not identified until the next day. The talk at the scene was that the man who was dead was an employee. SS was wearing casual clothes and perhaps was not recognizable. Even if LE thought it was him, they weren't releasing that information.

Where did JW think SS was? Did he care? He was all over AS in his call, but he knows this was a serious fire with implications, is getting questioned about money drop, and never wonders why he hears nothing from or about SS? He starts lying to cover for SS without consulting with him, knowing if he is dead or alive, knowing if his lies will hinder an investigation into what LE obviously thinks are suspicious circumstances...why does he think he needs to cover for SS?

You provide a good defense for JW. I don't think he needed to wait to know if his boss had died to tell the truth about what he was instructed to do. And he really did not have a whole lot to do, so it should have been easy enough to remember. JMO

Thanks , What I meant about the phone and you are absolutely correct (good point)that she would speak spanish and they were only letting savvas call out . What I meant ,though, was my husband would find it strange that I did not call him directly using another family member's phone if my phone was dead.

Absolutely and if he didn't.....well, let's just say our spare bed is very uncomfortable.

Maybe SS had a false sense of relief... knowing the money was on its way, thinking the nightmare for his family would soon be over... I just can't imagine that he wouldn't have tried to get help on one of those phone calls if he had any indication on how this would end...[/QUOTE

I do believe SS left a clue, if you believe a certain person is involved, he left a clue, right in front of LE face if he was FORCED to call ?W and have him deliver money.

Why do you think they allowed him to speak to his sister ? Seems strange considering the circumstances . I was wondering if she confused it with the day before . She could have been in shock

The point I was making is that the level of rage, demonstrated by the various forms of torture, combined with the fact that US Currency (and Credit cards) was/were left at the murder scene; indicates to me that this was really a crime motivated by something more than getting all or half of the $40,000.

Just as an aside: Thieves do sell off stolen credit cards to unsuspecting other criminals...

The point I made was despite getting $40,000 even DW knew it would be too dangerous to use his victims credit cards
Any unsuspecting criminal a card from this case was sold to would immediately throw DW under the bus after being arrested by the FBI for using a credit card taken from the scene of a quadruple murder IMO

DW's rage in this case was "you got money, I don't , I'm taking yours" IMO
He's been involved in three stabbings that we know of so far. One bcse he was asked to leave a party. Another in retaliation....he's full of rage JMO

Why do you think they allowed him to speak to his sister ? Seems strange considering the circumstances . I was wondering if she confused it with the day before . She could have been in shock

Best question ever. Good job.

I notice the ads cater to various searches as well. I wonder if different visitors see different ads. Very weird indeed.

I think cookies are implemented to see what users browse and then the script shows a similar ad.

Jmo

Big Brother.......he's everywhere. [emoji28]

Even that updated story still had some incorrect things. For one, it says "Earlier this month, law enforcement officials arrested Darron Dellon Dennis Wint and charged him with first-degree murder in the case." This story was just posted today. Wint was arrested and charged May 21, not in the month of June. Do they have fact-checkers at CNN?

IMO CNN not too bright on reporting correct info. They too focused on appearing like they have the "scoop" when all they have is fluffy clouds.

The money did not come from the bank. JW admitted that was a lie.

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought the "lie" was the bag versus envelope and whether or not the car was unlocked and whether it was Wednesday or Thursday Savaa's requested the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member