DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is CNN, which is apparently considered akin to the National Enquirer by some. /sarc

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Wyle, I had to pull it up in a new window. I suppose we'll be waiting on forensic evidence. I keep having flashbacks of the CA case and hair evidence. I think I know what happened but really don't want to get too graphic and it's just speculation until LE says something. This is an ugly crime.

I think we knew this and I have pointed it out many times. I am referring to the totally contradictory nature of the quote in the CNN story as well as pointing out that this same story had confusing info. on the murders that differed from other "new" info. sources. No one but Wint has been named a POI, suspect, or been charged, or arrested. Yet, by most accounts, including court documents case investigators do not think he acted alone.

Yes, but just pointing out the heat (no pun intended w/arson aspect) and continued speculation about JW seems to have abated. Two women now being considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC Mansion Murder Housekeeper Adds New Details to Mysterious Timeline

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...233&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So IF we can believe this...PS, on a typical day, would not have been home. How did DW know he would be home? I guess he could have been watching somehow that morning and didn't see him leave for school? Though I don't know how he could be watching according to the locals description of the neighborhood. This, along with the whole alarm system, just nags at me. That an insider was involved...jmo of course.

I wonder, in the case that there were multiple perpetrators and because there were multiple methods of inflicting bodily harm: strangulation, burning, baseball bat and knife wounds- I wonder if a pact was made between them that each one had to inflict severe bodily harm. If each perpetrator participated equally in the killings it would be a sort of insurance policy against ratting each other out. Because they would all be equally guilty. And because there is no death penalty in DC, not much worth bargaining for in a plea deal. I know this is speculation. Just a thought I've had for some time.

Does anyone know the average salary for an employee at AIW, in particular a welder? That could be part of the rage/motive ... anger that SS had all this $$$ while employees were making minimal salary in the eyes of DW and others ... on top of getting fired.

So IF we can believe this...PS, on a typical day, would not have been home. How did DW know he would be home? I guess he could have been watching somehow that morning and didn't see him leave for school? Though I don't know how he could be watching according to the locals description of the neighborhood. This, along with the whole alarm system, just nags at me. That an insider was involved...jmo of course.

But Phillip would have arrived home soon afterwards, even if he had gone to school that day. And he would have walked in like any other day, like nothing was different, and it would then be too late. JMO

Does anyone know the average salary for an employee at AIW, in particular a welder? That could be part of the rage/motive ... anger that SS had all this $$$ while employees were making minimal salary in the eyes of DW and others ... on top of getting fired.

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes514121.htm
Don't know for sure at AIW but I'm sure they're around the average for this occupation...of course given the area, I'd imagine their salary to be on the higher end of the averages...

Don't know AIW specifically, but according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a structural steel and ironworker in 2012 made on average $46,000/year or $22/hour.

Welders, cutters, and brazers (of all types) made $36,000/year or $17.50 an hour, on average, in 2012.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/structural-iron-and-steel-workers.htm

But Phillip would have arrived home soon afterwards, even if he had gone to school that day. And he would have walked in like any other day, like nothing was different, and it would then be too late. JMO[/

Yeah, you're right. As long as he didn't rely on Amy to pick him up, in which case that would have raised huge flags if he had been in school.

But Phillip would have arrived home soon afterwards, even if he had gone to school that day. And he would have walked in like any other day, like nothing was different, and it would then be too late. JMO

The article about the latest NG interview says that he would have been at an extracurricular activity if he hadn't had the concussion, FWIW.

The article about the latest NG interview says that he would have been at an extracurricular activity if he hadn't had the concussion, FWIW.

Right. But for a 10 yr old, those extracurriculars aren't that long. He still would have been home before SS arrived at 5:30, most likely.

I sure wish he had been away from home. I am sure Amy would have found a way to keep him from returning home. JMO

Right- that was my original point haha. I was just thinking he would have been at his activity. And since it appears this all started before 3 pm, he would have not been home. And from what we've heard AS was very involved and overprotective (this came from a poster here) so I just don't see her letting him walk - she'd have needed to pick him up. And if she hadn't, it would have caused a red flag. Which is why it would have made sense this needed to be done when it was certain PS was home since he, sadly, was the bargaining tool. All speculation of course.

I just hate how everything seemed to work out so perfectly for DW, everything fell right into place for this monster. Besides getting caught of course, just seems like everything up to that point worked against the family. So unfair.

I just hate how everything seemed to work out so perfectly for DW, everything fell right into place for this monster. Besides getting caught of course, just seems like everything up to that point worked against the family. So unfair.

I certainly agree - I kept thinking "if only there was a delivery that morning, if only someone became suspicious, if only..." It makes me so terribly sad that there was no type of intervention. I agree - so unfair, so unbelievably horrible. I believe that they all felt hope on the Thursday that since they had done what was asked the bad guy(s) would just leave and leave them alive. That their nightmare would end but it just got unimaginably worse.

IIRC AIW welders make 40 per hr. The issue of pay came up here before. DW has been long gone from AIW. Earlier stories reported that his cousin iirc had been recently let go, however. But hard to know what was truth and what was rumor with the first news stories. I found convincing the "expert"(sorry no citation) who said it is not typical for a disgruntled, fired employee to wait ten years to get revenge--or five, if one takes into account DW's last outburst in front of AIW with bb gun and machete. Could he have been stirred up by his cousin's situation? Actually, the barbarity of a crime is not always an expression of personal rage. It can be pure psychopathic sadism. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian