GUILTY MI - Rebekah 'Becky' Bletsch, 36, Muskegon County, 29 June 2014

It appears that the ME may have been unaware of the witness statements that reported they had seen her jogging around 6pm. Do we know when LE interviewed the witnesses and when LE notified the ME. I can't imagine why the ME would put down a time of 2 hours earlier if he had that information. It is helpful to have the info but it may not always be available at the time of the autopsy. It is not always clearly defined at the exact time of death but ME's can usually get it within a couple of hours window, I believe. So it is possible he just did not have all the information to get the time of death recorded so he put down the approximate time of death according to the information he had at the time. I don't think this is uncommon with ME's. jmo

Was Rebekah Bletsch`s Killer Fleeing the Crime Scene, Just When the Passerby Appears?

When a passerby came upon a nearly expired Rebekah Bletsch, just after 6 PM (June 29th, in Dalton Township, Michigan), on an isolated stretch of Automobile Road, lying prostrate just off the curb, (it`s my theory) the killer had just fled the scene in the nick of time, avoiding detection.

I believe this for two reasons: one, is that a neighbor, that is, Chuck Race`s wife saw Rebekah jog (glide) right by her window pane, between 6 and 6:30 PM (see: Jogger`s death now a homicide investigation, by Dani Carlson - Wood TV). Furthermore, it`s my understanding the Races saw her jogging by regularly around this time, so it must have been a habitual thing with her. Here goes another item of support!

http://thesop.org/story/20140716/wa...ime-scene-just-when-the-passerby-appears.html

This is an article posted by some dude that thinks this was a contract killing.

I'm not buying the entire theory. This woman and her family appear to be squeaky clean from all the accounts I have read about them.

I still think this was a random act of violence by a couple of street thugs out looking for a thrill kill.

It appears that the ME may have been unaware of the witness statements that reported they had seen her jogging around 6pm. Do we know when LE interviewed the witnesses and when LE notified the ME. I can't imagine why the ME would put down a time of 2 hours earlier if he had that information. It is helpful to have the info but it may not always be available at the time of the autopsy. It is not always clearly defined at the exact time of death but ME's can usually get it within a couple of hours window, I believe. So it is possible he just did not have all the information to get the time of death recorded so he put down the approximate time of death according to the information he had at the time. I don't think this is uncommon with ME's. jmo

Agreed, LambChop. How many times have we seen the TOD listed as "sometime between midnight and 8am " (the midnight is the last time anyone saw or spoke to the victim, and 8am is the time the body was found) or similar? The M.E. does sometimes have the benefit of rigor or blood-pooling, or insect activity, but that is not always the case, and it's certainly no help with this case. Maybe if the body was still warm -- EMT's would likely be the source for those details.
That's a very frustrating elapse of time for us here, but certainly has got to be very difficult for the detectives/investigators. It has got to be nutz and not a great deal of help in solving the crime. And unless the M.E. goes to the site of the body, we don't even get a good hint. That's what we have here -- very frustrating.

I wonder if LE checked for any cell phone triangulation in the area at the time of the murder. The killer may have carried his phone with him. It almost sounds like the killer was hiding in some brush by the side of the road waiting for Rebekah. The killer had to live or park somewhere near the rather isolated area.

Many family/in-laws lived on that road....

The Bletsch home is welcoming. "One of my favorite places to be," says Nicole Winberg, Bletsch's sister. The home is a place where Rebekah's sisters say they always felt protected, in part because so many of their sisters in-laws live on the same road. "All kinds of family on this road," said Jessica Josephson, another of Bletsch's sisters.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/02/sisters-of-becky-bletsch/12115651/

Who was Rebekah Sue Bletsch? Investigators interviewing family, gathering details on life of slain mother

It's been nearly a month since Rebekah "Becky" Bletsch was fatally shot multiple times and left for dead on the side of a Muskegon County road, and investigators Tuesday, July 22, said still no arrests had been made.

But the case is moving forward and new information is being gathered by authorities, according to Muskegon County Sheriff's Office Detective Lt. Jim Christiansen.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/07/detectives_working_on_rebekah.html

They are still working on it. Keep going.....................

Really I did not realize she was shot multiple times in the head. Wow! I thought maybe once. I'm speechless......:thinking:

Here's my 2 cents:

Unless we see a "story" develop about RB -- a grudge against her, etc., or a grudge against a close family member -- I'm still considering it a random crime. Could it be gang members from a bigger city nearby? Mistaken identity?

If it starts to look like there is some kind of connection, I could be easily convinced, however.

Right now, nothing is screaming at me saying anything.

jmo

Here's my 2 cents:

Unless we see a "story" develop about RB -- a grudge against her, etc., or a grudge against a close family member -- I'm still considering it a random crime. Could it be gang members from a bigger city nearby? Mistaken identity?

If it starts to look like there is some kind of connection, I could be easily convinced, however.

Right now, nothing is screaming at me saying anything.

jmo

I think it is random too. This might make solving it almost impossible though, especially if it was some sort of thrill killing done by somebody passing through the neighborhood. At least they have a little evidence in the spent shell casings, hopefully someday they can match it to a gun.

I hope they continue to try and solve it though........this woman didn't deserve to go out like that.

A disturbing news story of a local woman who was found by a nurse dying on the side of the road. Police originally thought she had been hit by a car or thrown out of a car, but now have said bullet casings were found and she died by a gunshot wound. The article states her husband has a strong alibi.

http://woodtv.com/2014/06/29/fatal-hit-and-run-in-muskegon-county/

Also this is not far from where Jessica Heeringa was last seen at the gas station.
It said in the interview that she had bruises as well? Like a struggle? I wonder if it was someone that was actually trying to abduct her but she got away and he already had the gun out to get her in the car so when she didn't get in he shot her because she had already seen his face? Even though she wasn't sexually assaulted I'm hoping they are looking into men that have possibly a kidnapping/rape charge already. Someone who doesn't want to go back to jail. This is IMO.

Here is video just put on the HLN site. It is a clip of Nancy Grace and her big mouth saying what a "coincidence" it was that her husband was out of town the "one day" that Rebekah was murdered. (Not fair the husband and daughter were cleaning up the place/mowing to get ready for the following holiday weekend get together and Rebekah had to work).
I did hear one interesting new item, they think Rebekah had already jogged, went home then went out again. She last contacted family at 5 PM and found dead at 6:10PM.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/29/rebekah-bletsch-jog-murdered-shot-killed-michigan

An update--are they suspecting the husband now?

In a search warrant to obtain Bletsch’s husband’s cellphone records — dated about two weeks after she died — a task force detective revealed that Bletsch had been shot three times in the back of the head and that she suffered bruises to her wrists, hands, back and a leg.
It’s not clear what caused the bruises. Her husband Kevin Bletsch told police he couldn’t explain them, court records show.

http://woodtv.com/2014/09/30/court-documents-show-new-details-in-joggers-death/

From forensics tests on the body, could they know if the bruises occurred well before the shots? As in hours or days?

From forensics tests on the body, could they know if the bruises occurred well before the shots? As in hours or days?

Snipped, here is an interesting article on interpreting bruises after death..

http://jcp.bmj.com/content/54/5/348.long

....bear in mind that the location of a bruise also needs to be taken into account when assessing its age. For example, a deep bruise in thigh muscle might not appear for a day or two after its infliction and might have a fresh appearance, whereas a bruise over a bony prominence and where tissue is loose—for example, the eyebrow—will appear very quickly and with accompanying swelling.

Rebekah was not a heavy person, so she would be more bony I would guess. The bruises in the hands and wrists may have occurred during a struggle if someone was trying to abduct her. Maybe she fought them and they ended up killing her instead of abduction. Her headphones and other items were on the ground.

Family talks about frustration that Rebekah's murder has not been solved. Husband speaks:

The coupled married in 2009, he said, but were together as a couple many years earlier.

"As far as me and her and life, we were over any kind of humps and hurdles. She was through college and had a good job. I'm more than half way through my career. Money wasn't an issue," he said. "We were planning on things because we were close to our retirements. We just bought a new camper a month before this happened."

Police are asking anyone who may have information about the case, or saw anything suspicious in the area, to call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office Detective Bureau at 231-724-6658 or Muskegon County Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME or go to its website at www.silentobservermuskegon.com. People can also anonymously text MKGTIP and their message to 274637 (CRIMES on most cell phones).

There is still a $10,000 reward.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2015/01/husband_sisters_of_slain_rebek.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2015/01/911_audio_of_couple_who_found.html

The chilling 911 audio of a frantic couple who discovered, and tried to save, a dying Rebekah Bletsch on the side of a remote Dalton Township road, has been released by authorities.

The 8 1/2-minute 911 audio clip from the June 29, 2014 incident details the entire call of the couple's grisly discovery of Bletsch along Automobile Road in Dalton Township.

The couple assumed Bletsch, 36, had been hit by a car.

http://fox17online.com/2015/01/30/9...gon-county-mothers-killer-remains-on-the-run/

Caller: “She’s got a really bad head injury.”

Dispatch: “Ok, she’s bleeding from her head?”

Caller: “Yes, she’s bleeding quite, quite a bit from her head.”

For part of the call, the couple and the dispatcher contemplated whether to perform CPR. The female caller, the off-duty nurse, was told to use her best discretion.

Caller: “Who can hit a woman and just leave her?”

Since Bletsch was struggling to breathe, the couple carefully flipped her over.

Caller: "One, two, three. Oh, my God.”​

Family talks about frustration that Rebekah's murder has not been solved. Husband speaks:

The coupled married in 2009, he said, but were together as a couple many years earlier.

"As far as me and her and life, we were over any kind of humps and hurdles. She was through college and had a good job. I'm more than half way through my career. Money wasn't an issue," he said. "We were planning on things because we were close to our retirements. We just bought a new camper a month before this happened."

Police are asking anyone who may have information about the case, or saw anything suspicious in the area, to call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office Detective Bureau at 231-724-6658 or Muskegon County Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME or go to its website at www.silentobservermuskegon.com. People can also anonymously text MKGTIP and their message to 274637 (CRIMES on most cell phones).

There is still a $10,000 reward.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2015/01/husband_sisters_of_slain_rebek.html

Re: BBM--Sorry to be nitpicky but what?? She was 36.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back