GUILTY MI - Rebekah 'Becky' Bletsch, 36, Muskegon County, 29 June 2014

More questions, no answers.

Different video.

Tammy Pierce says Bletsch jogged down the road regularly every day. She says her body was found near a neighbor's mailbox. "It seems funny she got to where all of a sudden there are no houses and somebody decided to do this."

Several yellow circles mark where police found the shell casings from the bullets.

The Muskegon County Sheriff and other police agencies are forming a task force to investigate and identify a suspect in the murder. Her husband and young daughter were out of town last night and police say he is not a suspect.

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/lo...rebekah-bletsch-death-investigation/11826085/

Sheriff seeks help in murder case --------- July 7, 2014

DALTON TWP. - Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler said Thursday morning that investigations are no closer to finding a suspect or motive in the Sunday evening, June 29, murder of a 36-year-old wife and mother who was shot in the head while jogging along a rural road.

“We’re in the dark right now,” Roesler commented on investigators’ attempts to identify a suspect in the fatal shooting or even a motive for the murder.

“Now, we’re just looking into the victim’s background and those of her associates,” the sheriff added.

The Muskegon County Sheriff’s Department has enlisted the help of the Michigan State Police, and police departments from the cities of Muskegon and Whitehall, and Fruitport Township.

Roesler said there apparently were no witnesses to the shooting, or they have not come forward yet. The sheriff urges anyone with information connected to the shooting to contact Silent Observer by calling or texting to the addresses shown on this week’s front page graphic.

The sheriff said the original 911 call on the incident was for a jogger struck by a hit and run vehicle on Automobile Road between Riley Thompson and Bard roads at 6:11 p.m.

http://m.shorelinemedia.net/article_1882e286-05ed-11e4-b796-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

This is a video interview with her dad, 3 days after she was shot.

DALTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Three days after Rebekah Bletsch was shot and killed while jogging near her home, her father is trying to grasp what happened and is asking for the public’s help.

“It’s the worst imaginable evil that could be visited upon anybody, pure and simple,” her father, Nicholas Winberg, told 24 Hour News 8 on Wednesday. “Evil in its worst form.”

It happened Sunday evening on a quiet stretch of Automobile Road in Dalton Township, not far from where Rebekah Bletsch lived with her husband and 11-year-old daughter, Elli.

Her father said he knows of no enemies.

“That’s a dead-end in my mind,” Winberg said, adding that it would have to be a random crime.

Bletsch, 36, was jogging alone, as she often did.

Muskegon County deputies at first thought she was the victim of a hit-and-run, until they found a single bullet wound in her head. They said more than one shot was fired.

Deputies were awaiting autopsy results to determine how far away the shooter was at the time.

http://woodtv.com/2014/07/02/joggers-death-worst-imaginable-evil/

This is a video interview with her dad, 3 days after she was shot.

DALTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Three days after Rebekah Bletsch was shot and killed while jogging near her home, her father is trying to grasp what happened and is asking for the public’s help.

“It’s the worst imaginable evil that could be visited upon anybody, pure and simple,” her father, Nicholas Winberg, told 24 Hour News 8 on Wednesday. “Evil in its worst form.”

It happened Sunday evening on a quiet stretch of Automobile Road in Dalton Township, not far from where Rebekah Bletsch lived with her husband and 11-year-old daughter, Elli.

Her father said he knows of no enemies.

“That’s a dead-end in my mind,” Winberg said, adding that it would have to be a random crime.

Bletsch, 36, was jogging alone, as she often did.

Muskegon County deputies at first thought she was the victim of a hit-and-run, until they found a single bullet wound in her head. They said more than one shot was fired.

Deputies were awaiting autopsy results to determine how far away the shooter was at the time.

http://woodtv.com/2014/07/02/joggers-death-worst-imaginable-evil/

We are living in very scary times now where murders are happening with no rhyme or reasoning to them.

I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out it was some person who was cracked out on drugs or alcohol or both who saw her jogging alone and just shot her for the hell of it.........just because he could.:(

No one is really safe going anywhere if they are alone nowadays.

What a terrible tragedy to befall this family.:(

IMO

I'd like to change my earlier answer, Alex. It doesn't seem these are connected. My bad. I lived in Grand Haven briefly, and my dd is in Muskegon. I sure wish she'd come home. RIP Becky.

I will wait for more info, which I hope will be forthcoming. But I am somewhat doubtful about a totally random shooting, especially if she was not physically attacked otherwise. Jmo

LE asks for help:
Brown says investigators want anyone in the Newton area who has surveillance equipment at home or their place of business to check the video from the 27th of June and the morning of the 28th.

Officials not only want to see if Daniels is in any of the video but also who may have been with her, near her, or watching her.

Also LE is going door to door again in case they missed talking to someone over the Holiday weekend.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/25960432/progress-made-in-maggie-daniels-case-police-ask-for-help

We are living in very scary times now where murders are happening with no rhyme or reasoning to them.

I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out it was some person who was cracked out on drugs or alcohol or both who saw her jogging alone and just shot her for the hell of it.........just because he could.:(

No one is really safe going anywhere if they are alone nowadays.

What a terrible tragedy to befall this family.:(

IMO

For someone who mistreats dogs and abuses animals, actions like this could just be the next stepping stone in their useless existence. Not having been privy to the crimes scene, I don't know whether the shell casings were found mainly on the drivers side of the road or the passengers side. My guess would be that they were ejected from the passengers side of the vehicle, suggesting that at least two people were in the vehicle. If the gun was shot from the drivers side, the casings most likely would have ended up INSIDE the vehicle and not out on the pavement at all. Automatic pistols eject the shell casings to the right hand side of the shooter.

This would mean we have two little sociopaths cruising around in Michigan, gunning down joggers for sport, and probably laughing about it.
I also think they are probably locals. This road was not some Interstate highway or heavily traveled thoroughfare.

Reward is up to $10,000.

Police are asking anyone who may have information about the case, or saw anything suspicious in the area, to call the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office Detective Bureau at 231-724-6658 or Muskegon County Silent Observer at 231-72-CRIME or visit its website at www.silentobservermuskegon.com. People can also anonymously text MKGTIP and their message to 274637 (CRIMES on most cell phones).

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/07/10000_reward_offered_for_infor.html

For someone who mistreats dogs and abuses animals, actions like this could just be the next stepping stone in their useless existence. Not having been privy to the crimes scene, I don't know whether the shell casings were found mainly on the drivers side of the road or the passengers side. My guess would be that they were ejected from the passengers side of the vehicle, suggesting that at least two people were in the vehicle. If the gun was shot from the drivers side, the casings most likely would have ended up INSIDE the vehicle and not out on the pavement at all. Automatic pistols eject the shell casings to the right hand side of the shooter.

This would mean we have two little sociopaths cruising around in Michigan, gunning down joggers for sport, and probably laughing about it.
I also think they are probably locals. This road was not some Interstate highway or heavily traveled thoroughfare.

When I watched the stories linked in earlier posts, there are yellow circles (indicating shell casings) on both sides of the road. I don't know how this could have happened if someone shot her from a car. It seems most likely to me that someone either parked at that spot and then got out of the car and shot her or they parked somewhere else, watched her go by, followed her on foot and then shot her. It's not unheard of to have random violence occur that way, but it seems like a lot of trouble for someone looking for a random person to murder and could point to someone specifically stalking her for some reason.

In the videos I also saw someone using a metal detector and if they can find stray bullets, the ballistics evidence should tell us if the bullet that killed Rebekah and any stray bullets were fired from the same gun or different guns which will help identify if there were two shooters or one.

Normally I would say that it seems like too odd and personal to be a random murder, but in Kentucky, we currently have an unsolved murder of a police officer in Bardstown, KY - Jason Ellis who was murdered in a similar way, and they are saying that was random, so I guess anything is possible.

I don't know why, I was just drawn to this case immediately and hope there is additional information released soon.

Prosecutors filed charges against three teenagers Tuesday after police said the boys randomly targeted an Australian baseball player as he jogged and shot him in the back, killing him, to avoid the boredom of an Oklahoma summer day.
Christopher Lane, 22, of Melbourne, died Friday along a tree-lined road on Duncan's well-to-do north side. Two teenagers, 15- and 16-year-olds from the gritty part of the town, were charged with first-degree murder and ordered held without bond.

Police Chief Dan Ford has said the boys had the simplest of motives — overcoming a boring end to their summer vacation. Ford said in a variety of interviews that the 17-year-old had told officers that they were bored and killed Lane for "the fun of it."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/t...layer-boredom-article-1.1431445#ixzz379STlapi

This happened in Oklahoma not too long ago. In my opinion, this crime may be identical and just as absurd.

Nothing was stolen from him or taken from his person. Just a drive-by shooting for sport.

Death Certificate reports Rebekah died from multiple gun shots to the head. They fix the time of death at 3:52 PM, 2 hours before she was found and that she died instantly. She was less than 1 mile from home in an area that she jogged often. Not sure how they fixed the exact time, maybe it had something to do with her phone.. signal ceased at 3:52 when it broke? Or possibly she was talking to someone? Or maybe using a jogging program on her phone.. tracking movement/ time.

http://woodtv.com/2014/07/14/death-certificate-jogger-shot-multiple-times/

Death Certificate reports Rebekah died from multiple gun shots to the head. They fix the time of death at 3:52 PM, 2 hours before she was found and that she died instantly. She was less than 1 mile from home in an area that she jogged often. Not sure how they fixed the exact time, maybe it had something to do with her phone.. signal ceased at 3:52 when it broke? Or possibly she was talking to someone? Or maybe using a jogging program on her phone.. tracking movement/ time.

Who shot (and killed) Rebekah Sue Bletsch in the head execution style? Rebekah`s unexplained murder occurred in the early evening hours, on Sunday, June 29th, most likely between 5 and 6 PM, in the 4300 block of Automobile Road (which is in Dalton Township, Michigan). Initially, it was reported that Rebekah was the victim of a hit-and-run driver; apparently, since she was found very close to the curb, on the side of the road in the grass.

As such, it`s understandable passers-by and even the police figured she`d been hit by a car. Upon closer examination, they determined she`d been shot through the head, probably with a small caliber handgun.

Well, in addition, and this is a significant clue, they found shell casings (that`s plural) in the grass nearby her body; Rebekah often jogged on Automobile Road right around this time. One witness, Chuck Race`s wife (name not given) saw her jog by the window; when talking to reporters (Wood TV), Chuck mentioned the time she jogged by as between 6 and 6:30 PM.

However, we know the time an unidentified passerby, upon seeing her body lying by the side of the road, contacted 911, is precisely 6:11. Therefore, Chuck Race`s wife must`ve seen Rebekah go by a tidbit earlier, unless the person who reported her down drove by only a minute or so after she was shot; as such, the time of the shooting could`ve been as late as 6:05 PM.

http://thesop.org/story/20140702/is...ch-was-executed-by-a-professional-hitman.html

Something seems WAY OFF with this timeline. Did the medical examiner get it completely wrong ??

Anybody got an idea why ?

Investigators: Jogger Becky Bletsch was killed minutes before she was found

From phone records and witnesses, we are able to establish that she was still alive at close to 6 p.m.," said Detective Lt. Jim Christiansen of the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office.

The death certificate for Bletsch listed her "actual or presumed time of death" as "on or about" 3:52 p.m., more than two hours before a passerby called 911.

But that was a medical examiner investigator's estimate in the first day or so of the investigation about the earliest possible time Bletsch could have been killed, made at a time when her last known phone conversation was at that hour. Since then, investigators have narrowed the window for her time of death significantly.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/07/investigators_jogger_becky_ble.html

Investigators: Jogger Becky Bletsch was killed minutes before she was found

From phone records and witnesses, we are able to establish that she was still alive at close to 6 p.m.," said Detective Lt. Jim Christiansen of the Muskegon County Sheriff's Office.

The death certificate for Bletsch listed her "actual or presumed time of death" as "on or about" 3:52 p.m., more than two hours before a passerby called 911.

But that was a medical examiner investigator's estimate in the first day or so of the investigation about the earliest possible time Bletsch could have been killed, made at a time when her last known phone conversation was at that hour. Since then, investigators have narrowed the window for her time of death significantly.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/07/investigators_jogger_becky_ble.html

So the medical examiner based his time of death by the last phone call she made? REAL scientific. I guess this is one of those "experts" that goes into a court room and tries to help convict people and send them to prison based on his findings? Very Reassuring.

A medical examiner can only give an approximate date unless he has specific information such as the last time she used her phone or the last time she was seen. Every death is different because of the variants involved. ME's have to use what information is provided to them along with the medical evidence to come up with an approximate time of death. Unless they have witnesses it is always approximate. jmo

A medical examiner can only give an approximate date unless he has specific information such as the last time she used her phone or the last time she was seen. Every death is different because of the variants involved. ME's have to use what information is provided to them along with the medical evidence to come up with an approximate time of death. Unless they have witnesses it is always approximate. jmo

I understand your post. But there WERE witnesses that saw her jogging by after 6 p.m. and before 6:30 p.m., the cops had interviewed them. The M.E. still set the time of death at 3:52 p.m. My question earlier was why would he do that ?

I noticed the discrepancy myself yesterday while just simply reading a news report that was posted by someone here. They have since come back and amended their results since I noticed it yesterday and commented about it. See the editors note at the bottom of the web page.

Editor’s note: 24 Hour News 8 originally reported that Bletsch’s time of death was at 3:52 p.m. on June 29.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back