FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the perpetrator did not leave the hammer, then either the murder weapon is not confirmed or the information was purposely leaked by LE. There is also the possibility that the hammer had been located outside the house and/or the property.

In any way, I am trying to understand why the hammer was used to begin with. Here are my thoughts:

It would not be impossible that Dr Sievers was attacked and fought, and that as a result she fell and hit her head for example. She may or may not have been deceased at that time. All theory of course, but using the hammer afterwards could have possibly helped to cover up prints/ footprints on the floor and in the surrounding area. It is a very gruesome thought, but the hammer may have been an afterthought. It could account for the time discrepancy of two witness statements ( 5am and 6am, if indeed the 'shrill' and the 'man arguing' came from the victims' house).

-No it's not

I have read every single post on both threads and am mystified! There are so many scenarios floating around and almost all seem very plausible to me.

One I immediately and initially thought of was that the perpetrator is a young male from the neighborhood. I also agree that home invasions are primarily during the hours before daylight and that break-ins are common during the daylight hours when it is thought no one is home. In home invasions, no one is there to do murder but he/she certainly will if need be. In daylight break-ins, the perpetrator is not looking for someone to actually be in the home and will escape or run (if they can) if confronted.

This could also be that there is a transgender person being treated with expensive hormones and ran out of money and Dr. Sievers had advised that she could no longer treat him or her.

I have no idea what video it was, so I will just have to say (IIRC), but there were video taped testimonials where at least one person stated that Dr. Sievers had helped with not only medical services but with personal problems as well.

For some reason I just really do not believe the dogs were in the home when the murder occurred. Along with the shrill sound and the man's voice, not one person (I believe) mentioned hearing dogs barking either before or after.

This is such a complicated murder because there is no finger pointed at any one person. LE may very well know who this person is but cannot prove it at this time without further evidence. The Sheriff has made very unconventional statements about books, movies, and connectivity. Connectivity is such an unconventional word to use, IMO. The normal person would have just stated that the perpetrator had connections with Dr. Sievers or persons closely connected to her. While I do not care for this unconventional Sheriff, I am confident in the others working the case. As always, there is much information that LE has that we are not privy to. While we may think the case is in a lull, there is much work being done behind the scenes, IMO.

All that said; I will certainly not be surprised who is behind this so undeserved murder. As for the murderer, he/she always leaves behind something of himself or herself. There will be some identifying factor, IMO.

I am just too impatient for new developments!

MOO

this page on the tax rolls has an outline drawing of the home. I am not sure where the door that was broken was ... I know someone much smarter than I will have an idea. maybe we can figure out where the kitchen is.

http://www.leepa.org/Display/Displa...ndex=3&AppraisalDetails=True#AppraisalDetails

my guess is that kitchen would not be far from garage.

I live in Florida and this looks like a typical layout for a lot of Florida homes. Looking at the photo and outline, it is likely that when you walk into the front door you enter the main living room. To your right is a dining room area (right window) and to your left would be the door into the master bedroom (left window is probably the master bathroom). As you enter and pass the dining room area on your right, you begin to enter the kitchen and a family room area, which leads to two more bedrooms. The garage door most likely enters near the kitchen. Here is a link to a floor plan from the plan that is common. Not saying it is hers, but common plan in Florida homes. http://www.arthurrutenberghomes.com/wp-content/uploads/floor_plans/1177B_FP.pdf

this page on the tax rolls has an outline drawing of the home. I am not sure where the door that was broken was ... I know someone much smarter than I will have an idea. maybe we can figure out where the kitchen is.

http://www.leepa.org/Display/Displa...ndex=3&AppraisalDetails=True#AppraisalDetails

my guess is that kitchen would not be far from garage.

Aerial picture of property:

http://pol.leepa.org/pictonav/default.aspx?folioid=10294168

The garage area includes the exit door (the door in question) to the backyard:

sievers aerial large.jpg

Attachments

• sievers aerial large.jpg
    sievers aerial large.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 216
Why did the perp leave the hammer?

I have to assume LE is in possession of such hammer, if this was indeed the murder weapon. How else would they know the victim had been attacked with a hammer? They must be sure about the murder weapon and the way it happened. Otherwise the body of Dr Sievers would not have been cremated, right?

So, why did the unsub leave the hammer?

-No it's not

Crime of passion... not premeditated, lost control and left murder weapon, staged breakin of garage door. IMO

I would not be surprised if the alarm system was not activated during the duration of the family vacation. Noone was home to be harmed, the house and content was insured, the service people (at least the dog sitter) would have had easy access without having to mess with the alarm system. When Dr Sievers came home that Sunday night, she may have just not put the alarm system back on. That is possible, unless the security firm thinks differently.

-No it's not

I have read every single post on both threads and am mystified! There are so many scenarios floating around and almost all seem very plausible to me.

One I immediately and initially thought of was that the perpetrator is a young male from the neighborhood. I also agree that home invasions are primarily during the hours before daylight and that break-ins are common during the daylight hours when it is thought no one is home. In home invasions, no one is there to do murder but he/she certainly will if need be. In daylight break-ins, the perpetrator is not looking for someone to actually be in the home and will escape or run (if they can) if confronted.

This could also be that there is a transgender person being treated with expensive hormones and ran out of money and Dr. Sievers had advised that she could no longer treat him or her.

I have no idea what video it was, so I will just have to say (IIRC), but there were video taped testimonials where at least one person stated that Dr. Sievers had helped with not only medical services but with personal problems as well.

For some reason I just really do not believe the dogs were in the home when the murder occurred. Along with the shrill sound and the man's voice, not one person (I believe) mentioned hearing dogs barking either before or after.

This is such a complicated murder because there is no finger pointed at any one person. LE may very well know who this person is but cannot prove it at this time without further evidence. The Sheriff has made very unconventional statements about books, movies, and connectivity. Connectivity is such an unconventional word to use, IMO. The normal person would have just stated that the perpetrator had connections with Dr. Sievers or persons closely connected to her. While I do not care for this unconventional Sheriff, I am confident in the others working the case. As always, there is much information that LE has that we are not privy to. While we may think the case is in a lull, there is much work being done behind the scenes, IMO.

All that said; I will certainly not be surprised who is behind this so undeserved murder. As for the murderer, he/she always leaves behind something of himself or herself. There will be some identifying factor, IMO.

I am just too impatient for new developments!

MOO

I agree. There are so many directions this murder can go. The only one that has said the dogs were home is Nancy and I believe with a woman's screech or man shouting dogs will bark most of the time. The neighbors did comment that they had not heard dogs barking. Hope perp is arrested soon.

Then why would husband and brothers be testing alarm system a few days ago. I would think that husband would have known if it were off during vaca. According to neighbors they tested system several times. Just wish we had more info.

I could see some teenagers possibly breaking into the house out of passion - virtually...They may have been to the house already earlier that week for dating purposes, if the alarm wasn't set. The dogs may have been familiar with them by that time. They run into the victim not anticipating she was home alone, fight happens, the doc gets killed or heavily injured. The hammer then is the primary or secondary weapon to either finish the deed, or to disguise the crime scene. Somebody else could have helped them.

All theory of course.

-No it's not

IIRC the side door either opens into the garage or near there - I'm thinking it may open into the third bay of the garage and if someone jimmied that locked side door it would only take them into the garage and not into the house itself. Could someone have entered the garage and hid out there for awhile? They would only have access to the main part of the house if the door from the garage to the house was left unlocked. The door from my garage into the house first goes through a laundry room. Some of my friends' homes have a similar layout (garage to laundry etc.). I would guess from the looks of this house that the kitchen is beyond the garage and could be anywhere from there to the back of the house - from what I can tell from the photo, the windows on the front of the house look more like they belong to a dining room, living room, den or bedroom, but this is just a wild guess. A lot depends on who and why someone entered the home in the first place - a burglar could have been faced with two doors (side door and door from garage into house) if they didn't know that much about the house or whether anyone was home. Someone familiar with the layout of the home and the routine of its occupants might have known that the door from garage to house was left unlocked or that the owner came out through that door to let the dogs out into the side yard - so much depends on TS's routine, whether or not the alarm was regularly armed, whether it had been shut off remotely, or what the intention of the "visit" was either late at night or just before dawn. It's all a guessing game without more information. I just hope that LE have it pretty well resolved so they can move forward with an arrest. Since the doctor's husband, as well as LS and others close to her, have not come out publicly begging for tips and information about the killer, I don't think that they believe it was a stranger - I just wonder who each one of them thinks committed this horrific crime - they've all been so eerily silent.

I respectfully disagree. Anyone, no matter their social status can be a victim of a home invasion and have been... from the very rich to the very poor.

Dr. Teresa's home was invaded by force, was it not? And home invasions affecting all people and all races are on the rise. Over the last year or so in the surrounding counties around where I live there have been numerous people who have been victims of home invasions. Some killed, some raped, some seriously injured, and almost beaten to death before the invaders robbed them, and left.

IMO

Key word "usually". In most home invasions the robbers (not burglars) know (or know of) the victims. The force that I referred to means brute force used towards the victims.

Did the neighbors security cameras not pick this perp up? It would seem that people would have cameras in their backyards also. How did this perp get in and out with no one seeing them?

If LE says this was not a "random" crime, then I am not seeing a "home invasion" type of crime. They are not generally specific to a certain house and no other. I think she was always the intended victim and someone knew she was coming home ahead, on her own. Jmo

If the killer entered the home with the Dr IMO they would be on camera together. Most likely the camera's would be motion detection activated. Otherwise why have camera installed? But this is just a guess on my part.

what camera? there's a camera?

Someone that knew where they were. Everything points to this being very personal and someone that knew the DR very well.Wasnt theft, no sexual assault. Very angry person. Add camera in to no alarm going off. Too much of a coincidence. Think the alarm was disabled by someone other than Dr. jmo.

although it's possible that a thief broke in to the garage first, looked around for goodies, retrieved the hammer to jimmy the side door, got surprised by Teresa, she screamed & he yelled at her to shut up and killed her with the hammer because it was in his hand - he left without stealing anything because by that point, he just had to get the heck outta dodge & hadn't planned on murder

add in the wrinkle that this thief may have known & targeted Teresa's house because he thought they were out of town & it only enhances the above theory IMO

here's a break & enter that just happened in the same area on Thurs. morning but I don't yet know what time of morning it occurred (wouldn't it be wild if we found a connection between this thief and Teresa?):

http://www.winknews.com/2015/07/11/naples-homeowner-holds-would-be-burglar-at-gunpoint/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisamarie24