DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's been discussed here before but I'm stuck on the pizza. Why would DW feel so comfortable calling for pizza and take the chance on a stranger showing up? I mean, I'm sure the Savopoulos' had food in the refrigerator, right? They seemed to be so very comfortable in that environment for so long for a reason. Don't get me wrong, DW is a **** and a menace to society since the day he got here. And, while his crimes are violent, petty, ****-type crimes, I wonder how you get to be 30 plus years old and then slaughter a family? He's a big talker, he's a person with no filter or self control, but what threw him so far over the edge that he literally slaughtered this family? Was he on drugs, tweeking? Yes, he's a predatory criminal but what was it that made him not on,y a murderer, but a sadistic murderer that night? Why now?,
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HOME>U.S.
DC Mansion Murder Suspect’s Stabbing Victim Recalls Nearly Deadly Attacks

A man stabbed twice by Daron Wint, the only named suspect in custody for the murder of Washington, D.C., businessman Savvas Savopoulos, his wife, their son, and a family housekeeper, described the attacks that nearly killed him in an exclusive interview with ABC News’ “20/20.”

“[Wint] gave me no warning that he was going to stab me,” Michael Babcock told “20/20.” “It was pretty close to where he would be tried for my murder, you know, if it wasn’t for me surviving it.”Authorities say Wint, who was born in Guyana and moved to Maryland in 2000, has had a long and violent criminal past, which includes his conviction for stabbing Michael Babcock in two separate attacks.

Babcock was rushed to the emergency room where he was told he was lucky to be alive.

“When Daron stabbed me in the neck – if it would have been a little bit lower – the doctors told me that I would have died before I made it to the first hospital,” he said.
=============================================================================

I don't think the S Family and VF were his first victims. There are a lot of unsolved deaths on the East Coast.

:moo:

But why would JW want to take something that could be traced back to him so easily, to a future crime scene?

And how does his girlfriend even get mentioned or implicated here? Seems kind of unfair to accuse her. She has not been fired, has not lied, did not touch the ransom money and came forward immediately about the texted pic.

Now that you mention it, why would she come forward so soon with that text? You get a text from your boyfriend around 9am(or 9:57am or something like that) that has a picture of lots of money. You are duly impressed. Then that same day - later that afternoon - you hear about the fire. You hear about the deaths. You hear about the ransom? From whom… JW?? From the news?? You contact police with the text? Why? I don't know - does this make sense? What was she thinking at that time? Why would she give that to LE? Did she?

I wonder how LE got that info so soon. Did she just decide to call LE?? Did LE already have all the phone texts, etc. (they have a vast spying capability…) and force her hand?

How come the blood evidence on DW shoes wasn't mentioned at PH?
I wondered the same thing at first but then considered the defense already had that information and would be prepared with a response of some kind. So he mentioned new evidence of DNA on the vest in the Porsche for which defense was unprepared. Defense was ready to refute the running man as unidentifiable.

Published in the Washington Post: May 14 11:54 a.m. Savopoulos called Wallace at 11:54 a.m on Thursday, May 14, but the call was not answered, records show..
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I'm not seeing that quote in the linked article.What I see is this:

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

I've tried and tried to find a source that says the 11:54 call went unanswered but the only one I can find is NT blog.

He is there. Right side against the wall in the foreground of the dumpster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohmygod. FINALLY I saw it. After a bazillion times, thanks for the directions! It looks to me like the dumpsterguy's arms might be up, filming or taking phone pics of the fire? Is he pointed that way? He looks kind of ghosty. Could he be DW, not the guy running?

dumpsterguy.jpg

HOME>U.S.
DC Mansion Murder Suspect’s Stabbing Victim Recalls Nearly Deadly Attacks

A man stabbed twice by Daron Wint, the only named suspect in custody for the murder of Washington, D.C., businessman Savvas Savopoulos, his wife, their son, and a family housekeeper, described the attacks that nearly killed him in an exclusive interview with ABC News’ “20/20.”

“[Wint] gave me no warning that he was going to stab me,” Michael Babcock told “20/20.” “It was pretty close to where he would be tried for my murder, you know, if it wasn’t for me surviving it.”Authorities say Wint, who was born in Guyana and moved to Maryland in 2000, has had a long and violent criminal past, which includes his conviction for stabbing Michael Babcock in two separate attacks.

Babcock was rushed to the emergency room where he was told he was lucky to be alive.

“When Daron stabbed me in the neck – if it would have been a little bit lower – the doctors told me that I would have died before I made it to the first hospital,” he said.
=============================================================================

I don't think the S Family and VF were his first victims. There are a lot of unsolved deaths on the East Coast.

:moo:

I hear you. I can't remember but was there a connection to DW and that victim? Was that random or a deal gone bad? I can't remember. I'm not saying he's not guilty but if he's a true sociopath, why now at over 30 years old does it surface?

Now that you mention it, why would she come forward so soon with that text? You get a text from your boyfriend around 9am(or 9:57am or something like that) that has a picture of lots of money. You are duly impressed. Then that same day - later that afternoon - you hear about the fire. You hear about the deaths. You hear about the ransom? From whom… JW?? From the news?? You contact police with the text? Why? I don't know - does this make sense? What was she thinking at that time? Why would she give that to LE? Did she?

I wonder how LE got that info so soon. Did she just decide to call LE?? Did LE already have all the phone texts, etc. (they have a vast spying capability…) and force her hand?

I'd be one who'd contact LE immediately.

I received a call/text/photo of cash from BF who said it was 40k on his way to deliver to the house between 9:30 and 10 that morning, and I just saw on the news that the house burned with four people in it.

I'd be terrified of a few things. One being clear me now!

Made me wonder if the green vests may have been taken from Autobahn. Would be interesting to track the manufacturer. Perhaps Autobahn had several boxes of these and JW or his GF took them?

Police found green vests in the S garage. I don't know if they were the exact same ones.

ohmygod. FINALLY I saw it. After a bazillion times, thanks for the directions! It looks to me like the dumpsterguy's arms might be up, filming or taking phone pics of the fire? Is he pointed that way? He looks kind of ghosty. Could he be DW, not the guy running?

Looks like a video camera (or can o beer) in his right hand - the white thing - his left arm is also bent at the elbow so hand looks also up near face.

"Hey, JohnPierre, I'm afraid circumstances have left me no choice, I have to set the Porsche afire, bring the camera, let's film!"

He had texted her that his 'job was insane,' and sent her a pic of the cash. He told her he was dropping off 40k at that home---where the people burned up and were found dead. She must have been very scared and concerned and confused. I would not blame her if she did call LE immediately. She knew she was in a text loop with ransom pix. Calling it in was SMART. It took her out of the suspect pool and into the witness category. JMO

She never claimed that.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29114637/arrest-warrant-issued-suspect-dc-quadruple-murder

According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive on May 14, the day the bodies were found after a fire.

In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning.

I can see why anybody would get the impression she said that. I'm uncertain about the accuracy of any reporting in this case though.

I hear you. I can't remember but was there a connection to DW and that victim? Was that random or a deal gone bad? I can't remember. I'm not saying he's not guilty but if he's a true sociopath, why now at over 30 years old does it surface?

He stabbed that guy two times in a couple of years. First time, DW and his gf were at a house party and were asked to leave. I am not sure why. But DW refused to leave and the victim and his cousin tried to throw him out and when they got outside DW stabbed him but the guy got away from him quickly.

But a couple of years later they ran onto each other at night at an outdoor party and DW jumped him and his girlfriend. And he cupped a small knife in the palm of his hand and stabbed him in the neck. It could have been deadly. And it shows that DW HOLDS A GRUDGE.

"11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."
If SS had no incoming calls after 11:54, then no one (including JW) made any calls to SS after 11:54.

It's talking about before the fire. After the fire started, JW tried to call SS at 1:40 but got no answer.

View attachment 78534

OMG I see him. This is huge!

I think if SS knew there was a hostage situation before he arrived at the house he would have notified police looking for help and advice about his next move.

I have thought about this. For the same reasons we believe DW was able to control SS by using his child and wife as leverage while SS was in the house, perhaps something similar was at play when AS called SS to come home.

I know NG said she heard part of the phone convo and that is possible. But I have a hard time believing that SS wouldn't have had some alarm bells go off when AS called him to come home because she wanted some time to go out on this night when PS was sick and they were trying to prepare for multiple events.

There might have been a clear threat added that if LE were called, someone would be killed immediately.

SS's protector instinct might have taken control. He might have thought the best thing was for him to get home without calling LE. Just get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd call LE, drop him like a hot potato, quit my job and run to my parent's house. That's too creepy for me to deal with!

It's surfaced many times. Sociopaths/Psychopaths are monsters but they don't go around killing people every day. Many never kill anybody at all.

He stabbed that guy two times in a couple of years. First time, DW and his gf were at a house party and were asked to leave. I am not sure why. But DW refused to leave and the victim and his cousin tried to throw him out and when they got outside DW stabbed him but the guy got away from him quickly.

But a couple of years later they ran onto each other at night at an outdoor party and DW jumped him and his girlfriend. And he cupped a small knife in the palm of his hand and stabbed him in the neck. It could have been deadly. And it shows that DW HOLDS A GRUDGE.

the second time he was walking across a bridge. I don't think he was at a party that time.

Okay, please ignore the third leg, it's an anomaly of moving faster than security video frame - I think.

Also, please ignore that I'm not an artist, I craft - cut and paste and paper and glue. Not a drawer, sadly.

dumpsterguyvideo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member