DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS didn't answer any incoming calls after 11:54 and he didn't place outgoing calls after 11:54.

Terrible sentence!
I don't find the sentence so difficult to understand. If it had been terse you would still be asking questions, e.g. "The last time SS used his phone was 11:54."

You are cracking me up. However, however.... that is a very possible scenario. Perhaps all the cars were sold, problem is perps just hit a glitch getting the mosler out of the garage.

It's just so incredulous that anyone would be so stupid to park it close to an address associated with him.

But, I did like my bad movie story *cheesy grin* I crack myself up a lot, DH rolls eyes (with love of course)

This is the first time I've seen the still from the video. Someone is behind the dumpster? And I think there are at least one or two others behind the second dumpster. Why hasn't this been discussed before? I'm confused. Please forgive me if I missed something. Trying to understand. I thought only one perp was seen (camera) leaving the torched Porsche the day of the horrific murders.

I don't see people, just trash on the ground. But my eyes aren't great.

You just made me think of this:

DW broke in around 3:00 in my mind.
AS is trying to appease DW, get him out of there.
AS remembers her husband may have a large amount of cash in readiness for the opening
She calls SS and tells him exactly what's going on and to come home and bring the money OR DW actually speaks to SS and tells him including not to call police, etc.
SS doesn't have the cash yet, he was going to get it Thursday, but comes home anyway in hopes of doing what he can to save his family that includes Vera of course
He races home and everything else continues as much as we know or can surmise

Regarding the phone call SS received while at the studio, we only have NG's account, but in any case, there's no way she would know if it was AS or DW if the call came to SS cell.
I think if SS knew there was a hostage situation before he arrived at the house he would have notified police looking for help and advice about his next move.

You just made me think of this:

DW broke in around 3:00 in my mind.
AS is trying to appease DW, get him out of there.
AS remembers her husband may have a large amount of cash in readiness for the opening
She calls SS and tells him exactly what's going on and to come home and bring the money OR DW actually speaks to SS and tells him including not to call police, etc.
SS doesn't have the cash yet, he was going to get it Thursday, but comes home anyway in hopes of doing what he can to save his family that includes Vera of course
He races home and everything else continues as much as we know or can surmise

Regarding the phone call SS received while at the studio, we only have NG's account, but in any case, there's no way she would know if it was AS or DW if the call came to SS cell.

I doubt that DW would have allowed AS to tell SS what was going on. And if she had told him, it would have ended very differently. He would have entered the house with a GLOCK under his shirt, at the very least. JMO

I don't find the sentence so difficult to understand. If it had been terse you would still be asking questions, e.g. "The last time SS used his phone was 11:54."

I understand what the sentence says. I was trying to help you understand it because your last few posts about it made it seem as though you did not understand what it says. Never mind. Carry on...

This is the first time I've seen the still from the video. Someone is behind the dumpster? And I think there are at least one or two others behind the second dumpster. Why hasn't this been discussed before? I'm confused. Please forgive me if I missed something. Trying to understand. I thought only one perp was seen (camera) leaving the torched Porsche the day of the horrific murders.

Hi roguelady....Would you mind posting the still? Would love to see what you're seeing.

ETA: I'm sorry, no need to post. I found it. I'm having a hard time seeing a person behind either dumpster.

I was looking back at articles for something and found this video, posted May 18th. It only caught my eye because of what I've caught from the conversation about there being another person now being seen in the video. But what strikes me is that the dude standing in the foreground of the dumpster has white sneaks (DW?) and the guy walking with the bucket and the hoodie, his shoes don't look white. They look dark. (Sorry if I am late to the party and this is exactly what's been discussed.)

Here is the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3086952/Savopoulos-family-DC-known-attackers-murder-arson.html

attachment:
View attachment 78529
I see the guy with a light colored top and dark pants in the upper right beyond the dumpster but I can't find anyone in the foreground other than the person with the white bucket.

I see the guy with a light colored top and dark pants in the upper right beyond the dumpster but I can't find anyone in the foreground other than the person with the white bucket.

He is there. Right side against the wall in the foreground of the dumpster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can one of you use Microsoft Paint or something to circle where you see another person?

link:
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-to-d-c-after-visiting-girlfriend-114233.html

D.C. mansion murder suspect Daron Wint hires cab from N.Y. to D.C. after visiting girlfriend

By Brianne Carter, ABC 7 News
May 25, 2015

Court documents also alleged Wint may not have been working alone, stating that a green construction vest was found inside the family's burned porsche.
Several other green vests were found in the Savopoulos garage.
================================================================================

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/others-helped-daron-wint-murder-savopoulos-family-cops-n363451

Wint allegedly fled the crime scene in Amy Savopolous' blue Porsche, which was found torched in Maryland later that day. Video surveillance captured a man, believed to be Wint, carrying a bucket. Inside the charred remains of the car, investigators found a neon green construction vest similar to others found in the Savopolous' garage, the affidavit says.

============================================================================

https://cbsbaltimore.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/darron-wint-charging-docs.pdf

e area near the car showed a black male, wearing a dark colored hoodie, blue jeans, and canying a bucket. Inside the bumed out remains of the vehicle was a neon green construction vest. it should be noted that several neon iime green construction vests were recovered from the Savopoulos's garage.

I've always thought/still think that the vests were part of the contractor stuff left there. I've not been one who thinks the cars were the intended booty, but I can absolutely see a scenario whereby the cars would be target.

The Amerit truck is acquired somehow
Six people appear from the back of the truck either wearing green vests or put them on in the garage then off they go in different directions.
Seeing so many people in some sort of uniform vest in addition to the garage-on-wheels might have people think "interesting" but nothing suspicious if they know SS car enthusiasm and Philip's racing. Anybody who saw that might think "crew" type thing. OTOH, anybody seeing that might want to watch the whole process of moving out the pretty cars just like some people like watching construction equipment at work. OTOH (my third hand) somebody might just think it's suspicious anyway and call police.

Thieves have been known to use known-brand moving vans to clear out houses and neighbors may or may not call police.

can one of you use Microsoft Paint of something to circle where you see another person?

I can try to have someone help me at the office tomorrow. But if you look at the link you can see it larger size. It's pretty unmistakeable.

Maybe it's been discussed here before but I'm stuck on the pizza. Why would DW feel so comfortable calling for pizza and take the chance on a stranger showing up? I mean, I'm sure the Savopoulos' had food in the refrigerator, right? They seemed to be so very comfortable in that environment for so long for a reason. Don't get me wrong, DW is a **** and a menace to society since the day he got here. And, while his crimes are violent, petty, ****-type crimes, I wonder how you get to be 30 plus years old and then slaughter a family? He's a big talker, he's a person with no filter or self control, but what threw him so far over the edge that he literally slaughtered this family? Was he on drugs, tweeking? Yes, he's a predatory criminal but what was it that made him not on,y a murderer, but a sadistic murderer that night? Why now?,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can try to have someone help me at the office tomorrow. But if you look at the link you can see it larger size. It's pretty unmistakeable.

I think it's like modern art .....just not seeing it.

He is there. Right side against the wall in the foreground of the dumpster!

Here is a different copy of the video frame w/o the news banner at the bottom. What I see against the wall on this side of the white downspout appears to me to be a utility box.

Wint running by dumpster.jpgWint running by dumpster 2.jpg

I think if SS knew there was a hostage situation before he arrived at the house he would have notified police looking for help and advice about his next move.

I know I'd call police on the way home, but I also think he had to know something was up because of what someone posted upstream about the timing of AS wanting a night out with the girls roughly 36 hrs before the studio opening. Also, we've had discussions about code phrases and maybe "night out with the girls" was one of those especially given the timing. What NG told msm, would have been what SS told her, but that doesn't mean that it's what AS said or if it was AS on the phone.

To my thinking, either he thought something was wrong, or he's the most milquetoast husband in the world to race home two nights before a grand opening so that his wife could go out with the girls. Wouldn't happen without a major brouhaha in most marriages. In my opinion.

Please, forgive me I can't remember who it was who said that, but I thought it was brilliant thinking! I hope to find it and come back and give credit.

Found it: Spanish Inquisition at 12:30pm (in the library with a candlestick)
===============================================
Today, 12:30 PM #891 SpanishInquisition

I take serious issue with the 6 PM time as I can't imagine why AS on her own volition would call SS to come home and babysit and throw a monkey-wrench in the already down-to-the-wire preparations for the grand opening so that she can go about town (which seems to be how it's described)...and why SS would agree to that. I could see a ruse used under duress like what we already heard about going to the hospital as that would be justification for SS to stop what he's doing and come home, but other than due to some real or faked emergency I can't see why AS would have called SS to come home early when he only had that evening and the next day left to prepare. I could for instance see a ruse of AS saying she needed to drive VF or someone else to the hospital as a reason for SS to come home early and babysit, but not so that AS could do something like go shopping.

How come the blood evidence on DW shoes wasn't mentioned at PH?

Maybe it's been discussed here before but I'm stuck on the pizza. Why would DW feel so comfortable calling for pizza and take the chance on a stranger showing up? I mean, I'm sure the Savopoulos' had food in the refrigerator, right? They seemed to be so very comfortable in that environment for so long for a reason. Don't get me wrong, DW is a **** and a menace to society since the day he got here. And, while his crimes are violent, petty, ****-type crimes, I wonder how you get to be 30 plus years old and then slaughter a family? He's a big talker, he's a person with no filter or self control, but what threw him so far over the edge that he literally slaughtered this family? Was he on drugs, tweeking? Yes, he's a predatory criminal but what was it that made him not on,y a murderer, but a sadistic murderer that night? Why now?,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree! I bet they had a ton of food in the house! Very good point!

I've always thought/still think that the vests were part of the contractor stuff left there. I've not been one who thinks the cars were the intended booty, but I can absolutely see a scenario whereby the cars would be target.

The Amerit truck is acquired somehow
Six people appear from the back of the truck either wearing green vests or put them on in the garage then off they go in different directions.
Seeing so many people in some sort of uniform vest in addition to the garage-on-wheels might have people think "interesting" but nothing suspicious if they know SS car enthusiasm and Philip's racing. Anybody who saw that might think "crew" type thing. OTOH, anybody seeing that might want to watch the whole process of moving out the pretty cars just like some people like watching construction equipment at work. OTOH (my third hand) somebody might just think it's suspicious anyway and call police.

Thieves have been known to use known-brand moving vans to clear out houses and neighbors may or may not call police.

In my mind AmeriT either to back up to unload a storage unit somewhere.... or to hide DW indefinitely until the next place (or both).
The thing you see behind the dumpster is not moving at all in the moving video, so either just looks like a person or poss a homeless person living behind a church. Wouldn't make a bit of sense to be anyone significant when the perp is running with a bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox