ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so Deorr Sr is refuting the rumor that he was at that store at 6 pm with his son. Saying the clerk got the time wrong because they were there earlier. Unless by that time the store clerk had figured out that she really was off on the time or she confirmed that it wasn't them but someone who looked similar --and Deorr Sr was told that, he SHOULD have grabbed onto the possibility that it was his son and abductor.

So, at the time of that interview, had that already been figured out? I just don't get the "here's the problem.... I drive a black truck".

The rumor has to be that he is being accused of being there at 6. And he is saying I can see how you can think that because I drive a black truck but I was with search and rescue so it couldn't have been me.

BUT if it wasn't him and his child is missing , why wouldn't he think it was a possible sighting? Unless it had already been cleared up. I'm talking in circles now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

And also the need to mention "as a family, we went down to get a few things.", the need to let everyone know. Why?

Because I am a suspicious, paranoid person, I thought that almost seemed like a veiled control maneuver, like "don't forget - we're in this together." Either that or he was "coached" for the interview to use certain "buzz phrases" that might make the family appear more "attractive" and "sympathetic". I use quotes because I don't think coaching does that, but a bunch of media coaches will tell you it does.

OK so Deorr Sr is refuting the rumor that he was at that store at 6 pm with his son. Saying the clerk got the time wrong because they were there earlier. Unless by that time the store clerk had figured out that she really was off on the time or she confirmed that it wasn't them but someone who looked similar --and Deorr Sr was told that, he SHOULD have grabbed onto the possibility that it was his son and abductor.

So, at the time of that interview, had that already been figured out? I just don't get the "here's the problem.... I drive a black truck".

The rumor has to be that he is being accused of being there at 6. And he is saying I can see how you can think that because I drive a black truck but I was with search and rescue so it couldn't have been me.

BUT if it wasn't him and his child is missing , why wouldn't he think it was a possible sighting? Unless it had already been cleared up. I'm talking in circles now.

I was chasing my tail, too. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the clerk was shown a photo lineup and identified both DK and DeOrr. (Of course it could be 100% wrong.) I still haven't found a MSM article mentioning the store clerk. I think his response gave the "rumor" more heft that it had before he addressed it. I still don't see why that would be considered a rumor rather than a possible sighting... That was the first I'd heard of the store clerk, so if he wanted to dispel that piece of SM gossip, it had the opposite affect.

~~I agree about the "Here's the problem" statement.....like what IS the problem?? (I remember my reaction when hearing that....Huh?? What?)

It would be nice to get even a little information confirmed....otherwise we just go round and round and round.

Because I am a suspicious, paranoid person, I thought that almost seemed like a veiled control maneuver, like "don't forget - we're in this together." Either that or he was "coached" for the interview to use certain "buzz phrases" that might make the family appear more "attractive" and "sympathetic". I use quotes because I don't think coaching does that, but a bunch of media coaches will tell you it does.
Saying we went down to the store 'as a family' tells me he wants the audience to know he was not alone on that drive to/from the store with little Deorr - for whatever reason.

I also pointed out previously that in his interview about going off to explore it sounded like he saw little Deorr but JM didn't. I will try to find my post.

And also the need to mention "as a family, we went down to get a few things.", the need to let everyone know. Why?

My educational background is in rhetoric, so I too found his need to repeatedly convince us throughout the interview to come across as innapropriate and at times contrived.

Originally Posted by rkf View Post
My understanding is the store clerk was interviewed relatively quickly (within days) of DeOrr's disappearance. I don't think it's very likely that she was confused on the day or time by 5 hours. Maybe it wasn't DeOrr or maybe it wasn't DK. Maybe it wasn't either of them, but I believe she saw a filthy, crying blond boy with a man driving a black truck who gave him candy. No mention of a woman with them. I don't see why this man driving a black truck is "a problem". I don't see why the people the clerk saw had to be DK and DeOrr, and had to be much earlier in the day. If DK and DeOrr weren't there at 6 pm, fine. It doesn't mean the clerk didn't see someone else and was mistaken. Why would the parent insist that the people the clerk saw were they and only they? It feels like DK is trying to force the sighting to fit within his narrative, when it could still be a valid sighting, even if it doesn't fit. Does that make sense?

Bold mine. Thank you for putting so eloquently into words what I've been trying to express since I watched the interview and listened to DK explain why the 6 pm sighting was actually him sometime before 1 pm. Of course, my next question is, why is he trying so hard to make that narrative stick (square peg in a round hole)?
:gaah:

I second what IDTater said, RFK you have managed to put the words around what I have been thinking. Why, why, why, did he feel the need to discredit that 6 pm possible sighting and place himself and little DeOrr at the store earlier in the day? Yep, square peg, round hole....

I can't get he video to play in my ipad... But the words Dad uses about the blanket rings the bell for me.

But isn't that store on a highway that might get lots of traffic from travelers passing thru on the way to/from somewhere else?

Perhaps! Very, very possible. I'm not local. I just remembered that the population # was very small in Leadore and went back to read up on the specifics and saw the # of "under 5" kiddos and thought I'd throw it out there as a FWIW only.

In my head I thought of the 105 total Leadore population to the # of my graduating class a few years ago (cough cough) where there were 898 graduating seniors alone! Look at the comparison! LOL 105 total population versus 898 17/18 year olds! That's what caught my attention that there were only 2 males under the age of 5 in Leadore and they may not even fit the age or physical attributes criteria for inclusion.

We can certainly just file this away as just another informational post about Leadore's population unless someone thinks we need/should look further.

:thinking:

~~I agree about the "Here's the problem" statement.....like what IS the problem?? (I remember my reaction when hearing that....Huh?? What?)

It would be nice to get even a little information confirmed....otherwise we just go round and round and round.

I didn't understand what the problem was or why it had to be addressed either. It seemed to me they thought saying "Here's the problem" was going to clear something up? During that whole interview I felt like I was missing some giant backstory or I was expected to know a whole bunch of stuff first. I felt like I needed a cheat sheet. Black truck, his employers, the blanket, the EMT/empty bag... Just left me with more questions.

I can't get he video to play in my ipad... But the words Dad uses about the blanket rings the bell for me.

That whole bit about the blanket was just strange. Here is a rough transcript of that part of the interview:
Interviewer: tell me about the blanket.
Jessica: this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..
DeOrr: All three has to be with him.
Jessica: Yes.
DeOrr: He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.
Jessica: Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.
DeOrr: This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.
Jessica: Yeah, and I..
Then she is interrupted by the interviewer asking the next question.

I also thought the blanket she was holding looked like it was in pretty good shape considering it had been used by a baby for 2 1/2 years, including being carried around by a toddler.

I was chasing my tail, too. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the clerk was shown a photo lineup and identified both DK and DeOrr. (Of course it could be 100% wrong.) I still haven't found a MSM article mentioning the store clerk. I think his response gave the "rumor" more heft that it had before he addressed it. I still don't see why that would be considered a rumor rather than a possible sighting... That was the first I'd heard of the store clerk, so if he wanted to dispel that piece of SM gossip, it had the opposite affect.

You know, the only time I have ever heard about the store clerk's 6 pm sighting is from DK himself. I haven't seen it on SM (except in the context of him bringing it up) or MSM. We've all been hung up on the "rumor" aspect of it being the time he was spotted in the store. But what if the whole statement is a rumor? Is it possible that a clerk never reported seeing them at all, whether it was 6 pm or 6 am?

From the interview:

Reporter: tell me about the blanket.

Jessica:this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..

D:All three has to be with him.

J: Yes.

D:He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.

J:Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.

D:This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.

-----------------------

I posted this because people are discussing the blanket.

What do you think she is wondering and what is his other concern of why?

Wondering if he left on his own - and wondering why he didn't take his stuff?

That whole bit about the blanket was just strange. Here is a rough transcript of that part of the interview:
Interviewer: tell me about the blanket.
Jessica: this is his blanket. He doesn't go anywhere without his blanket, his cup, or his monkey, and all three of them were left at the campground. And since he..
DeOrr: All three has to be with him.
Jessica: Yes.
DeOrr: He will trip over them if he has to, but they are going with him, and this is the first time since he's been born, pretty much, that he's been without these things...and that's another reason why we were wondering.
Jessica: Yes, because this is the blanket that we brought him home in from the hospital, this is his, this is what comforts him and at all times.
DeOrr: This is an exact replica of a security blanket, for everybody this is his actual blanket - he does not go anywhere without it, that's our other concern of why.
Jessica: Yeah, and I..
Then she is interrupted by the interviewer asking the next question.

I also thought the blanket she was holding looked like it was in pretty good shape considering it had been used by a baby for 2 1/2 years, including being carried around by a toddler.

So, is it a replica? or is it the actual blanket? Did he just accidentally say the word "replica" without intending too? Or am I dense? :thinking:

ETA: or maybe the word "actual" was the accidental word?

What does this statement mean? :sigh:

Im sure you all have noticed that this has come to a halt, allot of dead ends, allot of questions, and nobody answering them. So many of our questions, could easily be summed up, they are pretty simple questions... Just like the store clerk, receipts, time... etc.... All we have are our assumptions, which are driving us crazy... I think allot of us feel the same way about this, any many of us just dont know how to feel... It would be so nice if the sheriff would just answer some of our concerns.... That being said, I also know that when they are closing in on something, or someone this happens. Im really feeling something is soon to unfold. Ive read so many of your thoughts and suggestion, and any could be possible, but i think the obvious is in the utube videos of the interviews. I think our answer lies with them. We can see the holes in the timeline, so you know the investigators see it too. They have there way to go about things, and unfortunate all we can do is sit and wait, sit and wait........ Its very sweet and touching to see the number of you are so concerned, worried and scared for this baby.......... Your good people!!!!!!

That's what I get Jules71. Mom thinks it's unusual because IF Deorr toddled off on his own, he would have grabbed his blanket. Meaning she wonders if he was snatched.

So, is it a replica? or is it the actual blanket? Did he just accidentally say the word "replica" without intending too? Or am I dense? :thinking:
I think he sometimes mixes up words. My brother does that too. I can't think of an example right now but he uses one word when he really means another.

DK says hearsay a few times too. Not sure why he is stuck on that word or why he uses it in place of something else. Like when he says the cell service is hearsay. Then he says here and there, this is camping... or some such thing.

I thought the blanket discussion in the interview was bizarre. It seemed like they were trying to convince people that the blanket they had was really Deorr's and not a replica. I cant imagine that if they had just said that the blanket was Deorr's that someone would have questioned its authenticity and thought that it was a replica? At least that is how it came across to me - very odd indeed.

But isn't that store on a highway that might get lots of traffic from travelers passing thru on the way to/from somewhere else?

YES. Yes, it is. It's on an important tourist route in the middle of tourist (camping and fishing) season. It's one of the few stores on that route.

From the outside, it's easy to think Deorr's family is local, but to people in Leadore, the campers from Idaho Falls are tourists. And there are a lot of them. As somebody local upthread mentioned, the locals tend to avoid this area because it's so busy in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin