ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't even make sense. The items were left at the campsite. Why is he saying "no sign of any of those things"? Apparently his parents have them. If there was no sign of them because DeOrr took them with him, that is the opposite of what his parents said in their interview with this guy.

I would like to know if supplies were found at the campsite for DeOrr, such as clothing, diapers, food, bottles and toys as well as a sleeping bag for nighttime.

Bold mine.

I think you're getting in my head a bit because I just went back and re-watched the interview. When I consider that little DeOrr went missing on Friday and the interview was Monday, that doesn't leave much time to even become aware of rumors on SM.

I also noticed a rumor that DK addresses that seems...off. He says that there's a rumor that his employer won't let him come off the road to search for his kid. I imagine that the camping trip is a weekend affair so DK wouldn't have been expected back at work until maybe sometime on Sunday or Monday. If that's the case, by the time he's giving the interview on Monday, he's missed maybe a full day of work? And sometime before that the rumor mill has already said that he won't get time off of work for a search that, if little DeOrr was successfully found, could have ended at any time? At that point, the need for an extended time off of work for a prolonged search shouldn't have been a forgone conclusion, right?

Why would there be rumors about his job security and any time off that may be necessary even exist at that point, let alone have enough steam to address them in the one sit down interview given by the parents?

Because they'd gotten back to his employer and his employer told him to shut them down. JMO.

could this explain why JM/DK seem so sensitive to the rumors/gossip?

IMO yes. It's also why I think they tried to keep IR's name and GGP's name out of the news as much as they could. I lived in Oregon, not Idaho, but I think the two states, when it comes to small towns and rural areas, are similar in culture and attitude.

could this explain why JM/DK seem so sensitive to the rumors/gossip?

Great question! Idaho Falls, where the family is from, is actually the second largest city in the state, although that hardly makes it a big city by any standards other than those of other towns in Idaho! One thing that I think is important to understanding some of the social culture of eastern Idaho is the predominance of one religion. As mentioned previously, there can be a lot of significance assigned to belonging to and being a "good" member of this religion. Reports of the severity of the us vs. them mentality range from minor annoyance to significant hinderance to quality of life in the arenas of friendship, career, etc. A European co-worker of my husband's inquired about the prevalence of the religion in a particular town close to Idaho Falls and the man, a member of the church, told him that they were "95% pure," referring to the percentage of the population that belongs to the church.

I think it's the hundreds of searchers who showed up to help. Everyone of them would want to know what happened, who they are, where are they from, etc. It's no wonder rumors ran rampant.

The dad 'calls his boss to say he won't be in to work', when told several times, becomes 'his boss won't let him off work'.

It's like Chinese whispers. And Dad is hoping to correct the errors he's heard.

But why does he care what people he doesn't even know say about his work situation if his boss is up there searching for DeOrr and is obviously completely supportive in every other way?! Why choose to bring that up to a TV audience who most likely has never heard such a rumor? I thought it sounded like he was in a round about way giving his boss a shout-out for being such a great boss.

I would like to know if supplies were found at the campsite for DeOrr, such as clothing, diapers, food, bottles and toys as well as a sleeping bag for nighttime.
Great question! What clothes did they bring for him besides pajama bottoms and cowboy boots? Kids that age need lots of extras.

I haven't been able to find a statement in MSM that says DeOrr's favorite things were in the truck at the time he disappeared. I assumed so, because I believe it was DK's father who said the blanket was in the truck and JM hasn't let go of it, or something like that. After further thought, what if the blanket, cup and monkey were beside DeOrr at the campsite and were later put in the truck? That would explain why the parents think the items being left indicated abduction. However, if they were at the campsite, would LE let them just pack them up and put them in the truck, or would they collect them as evidence/tracking tools? Round and round. But it matters.

that is his blanket.... in the raw footage of the interview the reporter asks about the blanket and JM says this is his blanky..... etc http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...of-deorr-kunz/ right after the 13 min mark

Let's start a list of statements we want confirmed by LE or MSM. As you think of one, add it to the list and repost. If you have a link, please attach it next to the item on the list. I think we should number the list so we can keep track of which list is most recent. I'll start.

1. Was the store (Stage Stop?) clerk interviewed about a possible 6 pm sighting of DeOrr?
2. Were DeOrr's blanket, cup and monkey in the truck or with DeOrr at the campsite when he disappeared? *http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks
3. How did GGF and IR get to campsite?
4. Does GGF walk with a cane or in a wheelchair?
5. Was camp set up when DK, JM, & little Deorr went back into Store.
6. Is little Deorr talking a lot, making complete sentences?

7. Did IR take a polygraph?

7. Did IR take a polygraph?

Hah! I just had an image in my head. I will add it. I'm hoping people will copy and paste the list to add to it, both questions and links. If I'm not here, I'm hoping it can still be a tool for all of us.

Great question! Idaho Falls, where the family is from, is actually the second largest city in the state, although that hardly makes it a big city by any standards other than those of other towns in Idaho! One thing that I think is important to understanding some of the social culture of eastern Idaho is the predominance of one religion. As mentioned previously, there can be a lot of significance assigned to belonging to and being a "good" member of this religion. Reports of the severity of the us vs. them mentality range from minor annoyance to significant hinderance to quality of life in the arenas of friendship, career, etc. A European co-worker of my husband's inquired about the prevalence of the religion in a particular town close to Idaho Falls and the man, a member of the church, told him that they were "95% pure," referring to the percentage of the population that belongs to the church.

Yikes! Reading that quote about "95% pure" made me wince a bit - not just because I'm an agnostic, but rather because of Idaho's rather storied connection to the Aryan Nations movement (which, according to recent articles, is still a plague that Idaho is dealing with). I hope this isn't the church you're referring to?

I've read BB's comments too - I don't see how you come to the conclusion that this is a temporary custody arrangement? That's not mentioned anywhere. Although BB is concerned about Deorr and they all seem amicable, BB also seems to very much enjoy being a single father, from his posts! I don't get the impression he's anticipating giving them up to JM down the road.

He's a lovely father judging by his SM and what look like happy kids. I never suggested he posted anything to suggest what I stated was my opinion. I did say I validated the fact that his children reside with him on a full time basis.

My conclusion based on lots of nosey reading on strangers' SM sites was simply what I arrived at and and it fit the rough timeline of other pieces of information I was looking for. He is friends with DK and DKs mother posts on his page etc regerring to herself as grandma. I would say they have a healthy relationship considering the nature of how they all came together. It very well may be an arrangement worked out in the courts which is common but I feel it's based on practicality not any neglect issues. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24