FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.... I've read 1 post, maybe 2, referring to Sievers' body being found in the kitchen area. Did I miss something or is this speculation?

Fenced yard & walking the dogs
.... we also have always had a fenced yard for our dogs BUT walked them 2x daily. EXCERCISE for all of us! A fence not only kept them safely IN to play but also kept others OUT.

Dog Park
.... I wouldn't think any woman would walk her dogs by herself at that early hour, especially over to a dog park. JMO

I haven't read any of that either, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was walking her dogs that early because I thought I did read she had an early appointment with her personal trainer. She might have taken the dogs out before she left for her workout since she had patient to see later and no one else was at home to walk the dogs.

I haven't read any of that either, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was walking her dogs that early because I thought I did read she had an early appointment with her personal trainer. She might have taken the dogs out before she left for her workout since she had patient to see later and no one else was at home to walk the dogs.

The appointment with the trainer was pm, not am.

-Nin

Why was dead bolt not secured? Was it normal for the Sievers to leave that dead bolt not latched? If one is worried about security it seems they would have engage deadbolt. Jmo

Good question, Sparky...

Actually... We have a fenced in yard for our pup...

But she (the pup) still requires more exercise and outside stimulation than a yard can provide...

This is the case for many dog walkers I know...

HTH...:seeya:

We live on fenced acres. I was just wondering. Lol Thank you

If you have a fenced in back yard, why would you walk your dogs? jmo

Well, for one, dogs love to take walks and check out all sorts of new sights and smells that aren't in their own back yards.

I looked it up and I was wrong, but I still think she could of been going out to walk her dogs since no one else was at home.

I think that is a huge possibility
Perhaps someone entered the house after she left.
I wonder which door she would use to exit the house

This picture of the broken side garage door lock was shown in most of the MSM video coverages:

sievers door closeup.jpg

I was wondering why the deadbolt latch is positioned towards the lock while the bolt is retrieved. It should be the opposite. No damaged frame in that area. Now, can the latch be installed by mistake to work the opposite way? Anyone knows?

There is a small key lock facing the outside of the door. You can see it is protruding. This looks like one of the locks that pushes in, when locked, and stays out, when unlocked. Is that the case?

The intruder went straight for the lower lock, not the deadbolt. The individual was either familiar with the lock system by previous knowledge, or by checking it out with a flash light. One may be able to shine into the frame and see the locks.
Or if you know that kind of lock, you can feel the protruding part knowing the deadbolt is not engaged.

Considering the lights on the side of the house, either way can work even without a flashlight. So it would not be necessary to carry a flashlight in order to check out that particular door lock system.

-Nin

If you have a fenced in back yard, why would you walk your dogs? jmo

While this is a viable option, the neighbor to the South was saying she would see the father playing regularly with the kids in the backyard. Poops and kids do not mix well (even if you pick up regularly, the grass suffers and just knowing what had been there before..).Maybe they found something in the backyard, or they were searching for something in the backyard, that did not belong to any of the pets..who knows

However, in an emergency situation, that's where the dogs may have to go.

-Nin

In video still of LE examining the garage ped door, it looks to be damaged by the lock/latch/knob by prying, I think.

I've been torn between he (or she) brought the hammer, used it to break into the garage pedestrian door from the yard (was the gate to the yard locked?) and from the garage, broke into the house. (was that access door locked?) Killer surprised TS, used what was already in his hand.

or

Broke into the garage pedestrian door using another tool (prybar?), saw the hammer handy in the garage, continued into the home.

Did s/he rummage through garage looking for hammer, or was it in plain sight.

Did h/she get in another way and then damage that side door on the way out to make it appear as a break-in.

Gang activity in the area?

In one of the news video there is what looks like gang graffiti (IIRC) on the back of the street sign I'm attaching here. Does anyone know what this is written on the front of the sign? Looks like ^ 7. Is it a LE or private security thing? Why the need to write on this sign unless it's a code of some sort. Is it for reporters? Technically, it's vandalism, but this doesn't look like traditional gang graffiti. I'm in another area of the country, so maybe FL gangs write like this? I'm trying to find and capture the back of the sign, this pic is from googlemaps January 2015.

jsut had an afterthought: neighbor heard something from Sievers house that morning and said it sounded like at the back door. What if TS was in the kitchen starting her day (she was found there, I read here) and heard a commotion at that garage door, came to garage just as the person broke though? She ran into the house but he chased her before she could close the door.

View attachment 79071

And this one:

sievers grafitti.jpg

sievers grafitti entire signage.jpg

-Nin

Since there isnt going to be any more updates, I guess the only thing left now is to wait and hope that an arrest will take place soon. jmo

I looked it up and I was wrong, but I still think she could of been going out to walk her dogs since no one else was at home.

I agree. So many people walk their dogs first thing in the morning and I could see TS doing this given her busy schedule and long office hours. It's a beautiful way to start your day; your dogs are happy, you are happy to be together, the exercise is good for both, time to collect your thoughts and just "be". Don't forget, the dogs need to catch up on the latest neighborhood news by stopping at the local bulletin boards to see what messages have been left. :wink:

Our neighborhood streets don't have sidewalks so it's not exactly ped friendly, but there are days I wonder if something is going on because I see so many people walking with their dogs. Makes me happy to see. :D

We live on fenced acres. I was just wondering. Lol Thank you

Whee! Your dogs (and you) must be living the life, I can picture how much fun it is for them to have so much to smell and see and RUN full tilt! Never boring or the same old news to smell, lol. :D

If I had acres, I swear I'd never want to leave home. *wistful thinking with a smile*

Its Vatos Locos. A mainly hispanic or Chicano gang. Originating from east coast of Florida.

Thank you. Vatos locos. Crazy guys. There was also graffiti on the back of the sign, but I got frustrating trying to screenshoot the video and stepped back.

The house directly behind the Sievers has no fence on the same side as the Sievers have no light or camera - specifically that same door that was broken into or made to look so. Someone could have come through Allan and hopped the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member