ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

An oxygen tank shouldn't be near open flames. I would imagine he was a reasonable distance from the campfire - no reason to imagine otherwise.

I'm just curious how he was to keep Deorr from the fire while the parents were exploring. I don't recall for sure if it's officially been said he was on oxygen, though. I have searched and can't find the info now. I thought I read somewhere that he was on oxygen but I may be mistaken or it could have been unverified info.

I'm just curious how he was to keep Deorr from the fire while the parents were exploring. I don't recall for sure if it's officially been said he was on oxygen, though. I have searched and can't find the info now. I thought I read somewhere that he was on oxygen but I may be mistaken or it could have been unverified info.

The answer is on the FB interview.

She may be considering all possibilities now

Just an observation..if a family member is going to give pretty detailed answers to questions on SM it seems that it would be more productive to give a real media interview instead.

I wonder if there is some disagreement between family members regarding the way information is being decimated and this was a way of setting some of the record straight by the grandmother.

I just found it a little unusual to use that format for answering some of the more pertinent questions that have been asked here and everywhere else rather than using MSM or even have the actual POIs address the issues themselves though a reporter or other regular media source. Perhaps they have been told to remain silent but if so, it would still strike me as a bit unusual for GM to suddenly start answering questions from random people on FB. Just curious about the motive and how that went over with the rest of the family.

We are allowed to post a link to the news site on FB. We are allowed to say hey check out the comments under blah blah. We are not allowed to discuss the content of those comments. You made an honest mistake because you were replying to something that was off limits.

If anyone posted specifics of what was stated in those comments you should go back and delete.

Are you sure? I posted something like that last night and it was deleted. I can't remember exactly what I said, but I linked the NEWS FB page and said there was a comment by (initials) at (such-and-such a time).

I'm confused as usual.

ETA--I just want to make sure I'm not posting the wrong thing

I don't know how everyone else reads this forum, but I found the best way to do it is to keep track of the last post I read and then go forward from there. It keeps me from asking questions about posts that have already been answered. Just sayin'...

You can discuss the fact that the parents' home and vehicles were searched because it was reported in MSM.

If SW's do indeed exist, and that information is confirmed in MSM, you can discuss them.

You can discuss a post made by a LE agency, or MSM reporter on a LE or MSM FB page.

You cannot discuss comments posted on FB. Again, please refer to posts 2-4 of this thread.

I'd advise researching the case of Alanna Gallagher, and the cruel, vicious attacks her parents suffered in the court of public opinion. And btw, search warrants were served on their home and vehicles, too.

If you ASSume a search of the parents' property is a certain indication of guilt, you're mistaken. It's a matter of routine, and I'd be very surprised if those searches had not taken place.

I assumed the searches were done to help them locate Deorr and say nothing about his parents' guilt. I've thought this entire time they would willingly let LE search their home and cars if they thought it would help find their son. If it came across as if I thought searching their home was an indicator of guilt I am sorry.

I think they volunteered to let LE search their home and car. These are parents who want their child back and even though people have listed the many mistakes they made wrt SM, I don't think they would interfere with LE or insist on them having a search warrant. Parents desperate to get their child back are not going to stand in the way of the people who most want to help them.

BBM - You might be right. It sounds like it's very possible they may have arrived on Thursday night, b/c TC in her FB replies on the KIFI page said that she threw away a dirty diaper of Deorr's from Friday morning. Thus, the family would have needed to arrive before Friday afternoon, at the very least.

What could this mean? If they arrived Thursday night what does that have to do with her throwing out a dirty diaper on Friday?

I hope this doesn't go over the line. I'm asking more in a "Can this be explained?" way and not in an "Is this true or not?" way.

Just an observation..if a family member is going to give pretty detailed answers to questions on SM it seems that it would be more productive to give a real media interview instead.

I wonder if there is some disagreement between family members regarding the way information is being decimated and this was a way of setting some of the record straight by the grandmother.

I just found it a little unusual to use that format for answering some of the more pertinent questions that have been asked here and everywhere else rather than using MSM or even have the actual POIs address the issues themselves though a reporter or other regular media source. Perhaps they have been told to remain silent but if so, it would still strike me as a bit unusual for GM to suddenly start answering questions from random people on FB. Just curious about the motive and how that went over with the rest of the family.

I agree and not to mention, how do we even know it was indeed her logged into her account answering questions in the first place? JMO

Are you sure? I posted something like that last night and it was deleted. I can't remember exactly what I said, but I linked the NEWS FB page and said there was a comment by (initials) at (such-and-such a time).

I'm confused as usual.

ETA--I just want to make sure I'm not posting the wrong thing
It's always been OK to link to msm. KIFI News 8 is msm. Afaik it's always been OK to say check the interesting comments by initials XX at such and such time. (I'm not sure why your post was deleted if that is all you did. I have had posts deleted in error - it happens when trying to clean up a mess I think.) What's not OK is to read those comments and come back here and post them or talk about them.

I asked last night if we could discuss them since it wasn't just a ramdom person commenting on an article - it was a Facebook account that was commenting on a Facebook news article. My logic was that it would be pretty easy to verify the fb poster was legit. But I can see how we cannot be certain she has control of her account and is in fact the person posting. Whereas if you are being interviewed by the media they know who it is they are speaking to.

I wonder if anyone has tipped off Nate Eaton or some other reporter about what is being posted. If so, he could do a story and then it would be in msm.

MOO

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I agree and not to mention, how do we even know it was indeed her logged into her account answering questions in the first place? JMO

IKR. I took a look and it seems like it's largely a bunch of mean girls there; and many are spelling/grammar deficient (or lazy), which detracts from the effectiveness of their presentations.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0Q52OP20150731?irpc=932

Not sure if this article was posted or not - I have looked and don't see that it was, so if it's a duplicate, I apologize.
"The child's parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told authorities they left their home in Idaho Falls on July 10 for a weekend camping trip that included their son, as well as the mother's grandfather and his friend."

sbm bbm

Houston, we have a problem.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What could this mean? If they arrived Thursday night what does that have to do with her throwing out a dirty diaper on Friday?

I hope this doesn't go over the line. I'm asking more in a "Can this be explained?" way and not in an "Is this true or not?" way.

It doesn't seem like anything that would be worth lying about, but I have no idea of the significance of it.

We cloth diapered, so we'd have a large supply of clean diapers and a tote/wet bag for the used diapers. But I'd think there'd be something similar for disposable diapers -- a supply of clean ones, and a trash bag or can for the used ones. Right? Why there was one thrown away separately from the others doesn't strike me as something worth mentioning unless the diaper wasn't changed by either parent or for some other reason can't be accounted for.

Then again, I know from experience when you're going through a traumatic experience, the weirdest, most random things get stuck in your brain for no obvious reason.

Has it been confirmed that great-grandpa was on oxygen? I'm just wondering if it's okay to use oxygen near an open campfire?

NO, it is not OK. When my Dad was on Ox, my parents had a big warning sign on the front door---please do not light a match inside their home without asking them.

"The child's parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told authorities they left their home in Idaho Falls on July 10 for a weekend camping trip that included their son, as well as the mother's grandfather and his friend."

sbm bbm

Houston, we have a problem.

BBM - And that problem is most likely bad reporting. Sounds to me that the author is taking creative license with how she interpreted information that was published elsewhere. How does she know what the parents told investigators? Prior to this the only place I have seen that they arrived Friday morning was the East Idaho News Timeline. She probably read that and repeated a factoid that might not be true to begin with.

Can anybody tell me what day the FBI entered the picture. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members