ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up the Kurt Newton story that was mentioned above. It is very similar to this case but it happened in 1975. Kurt (4 yrs. old) and his sister (6 yrs.) were left alone for 10 minutes/50 yards away. The mom went to wash tennis shoes and the dad went to get wood for the fire. I don't know if the mom thought the dad was watching them and the dad thought the mom was watching them (similar to the parents and GGP in this case). It wasn't really said that is how it was, but surely they wouldn't leave two children in the woods alone.

Very interesting. If you want to read it, search for "The Day Kurt Newton Disappeared". It was a good short read.

I just looked up the Kurt Newton story that was mentioned above. It is very similar to this case but it happened in 1975. Kurt (4 yrs. old) and his sister (6 yrs.) were left alone for 10 minutes/50 yards away. The mom went to wash tennis shoes and the dad went to get wood for the fire. I don't know if the mom thought the dad was watching them and the dad thought the mom was watching them (similar to the parents and GGP in this case). It wasn't really said that is how it was, but surely they wouldn't leave two children in the woods alone.

Very interesting. If you want to read it, search for "The Day Kurt Newton Disappeared". It was a good short read.

Here a direct link:
The Day Kurt Newman Disappeared

It is a heartbreaking, well-written article and it has almost all of the aspects of a classic "Missing 411/David Paulides case where the child was never found.

That broke my heart, especially the first page.

BBM
Strange 10 minutes/50 yards , where've we heard that before ;)
Thanks for the link.

I found that case last week and read several stories about it. I find
little difference in the circumstances and disappearance of Kurt Newton and little Deorr. IMO, there is what seems to be an obvious suspect in Kurt Newton's disappearance, though I don't know that this person was ever looked at as a suspect.

Thanks for the link. I didn't post a link because I didn't know if it was against the rules. Makes it easier for people to find. Thanks!

And I didn't post a link when I first mentioned this case up thread as a comparison to little Deorr's case since I didn't think many would be interested.

For me , personally, some things just don't ring true here.

In most similar stories that happened in a forest, while camping, while hiking, etc., the circumstances are basically the same. Someone takes their eyes off the child for what seems like just a brief period of time, and whoosh, they're gone! So what are the things that just don't ring true, in THIS case?

If all of the above was true, then they would have found each other. I do agree that GGP used very poor judgment though.
How could a fast moving creek not be considered a 'danger' to a toddler?

They would not necessarily have found each other. There ARE other possibilities. The baby could easily have been snatched by a mountain lion while on his WAY to the embankment or after going OVER the embankment. The sheriff hasn't ruled out that possibility nor should we.

I found that case last week and read several stories about it. I find
little difference in the circumstances and disappearance of Kurt Newton and little Deorr. IMO, there is what seems to be an obvious suspect in Kurt Newton's disappearance, though I don't know that this person was ever looked at as a suspect.

Heartbreaking. He was just a bit younger than I. I wonder if, had they had access to some of the resources we have today, such as advancements in DNA testing and state-of-the-art helicopters, if they would have had a better chance of solving that case. How do little ones, or anyone, just vanish in the midst of people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it goes cold because nobody is fueling the fire. Nothing new to discuss. We have pretty much reached the end.

We have commented and speculated on just about everything and still no DeOrr.

I had so hoped he would not join the ranks of Haleigh and Kyron.

Sad but true.

Hopefully it just has gone cold in the media. I was worried that another case some of us are following went cold--like 8 weeks of nuthin--and bam, two arrests with an indication of more on the way.

I sort of have the feeling (actually have a strongish feeling) that if LE had no clue about what happened to little DeOrr, there would be more activity on their part to get people to get tips from the public. (For starters, I think the sheriff would have readily followed up on the older man who made JM feel nervous by staring at little DeOrr.) For me, that was telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Staring-Old-Man at the store would have to follow them unnoticed all the way to the campground , park on the high road , climb down the steep bank , snatch the child and climb all the way back up to his vehicle

I cant think of a harder , or more unlikely way to abduct someone. And he would have no way of knowing the parents were going for a 10 minute walk , and GGP's friend would be fishing , and GGP would divert his attention away from the child right at that very moment.

david paulaids has brought alot of ******** into cases that all have out comes that are anything but un natural and besides he has nothing to do with this case...I believe there is a unknowen creature being what have you called big foor out there but i don;t believe its supernatural like paulaids does hes another guy making money off of missing people cases that are not out in the news..Anyway i just wanted to check in and see if there is any real updayes iam sad to see someone has brought DP into any disscusion however i would like to say 2 things i do alot of hunting and theres no chance of a bear taking this little guy first off the bear will kill in that spot first then drag away and wont finish the whole mean they never do even fish heads all those shows u see the bear catching the salmon they never eat the heads they rip the skin off then eat the guys and the eggs ..But a mountian lion is 100 percent different there called the ghosts of the forest for a very good reason and he could take anything even a deer to the top of a tree or th the bottom of a 20 foor cave under a boulder .Its not my belief it was a animal however if it was i would put all my money on a mountian lion. if thats still in play mountain lions have boundaries u wont find too with in so many miles of each other so they should be bring out trained hunting dogs to track and tree the closest mt lion they may find some evidence that way.

The Staring-Old-Man at the store would have to follow them unnoticed all the way to the campground , park on the high road , climb down the steep bank , snatch the child and climb all the way back up to his vehicle

I cant think of a harder , or more unlikely way to abduct someone. And he would have no way of knowing the parents were going for a 10 minute walk , and GGP's friend would be fishing , and GGP would divert his attention away from the child right at that very moment.

I agree. And I think it would be almost the same case in any stranger abduction, which is why the sheriff seemed to almost balk at the idea. (Although I guess the staring old man could have been at the campsite and seen the family, and so followed them to town and back if he was the stalking type.) In any case, this was the PI's idea of a valuable enough lead that he brought it up in his one interview. But the sheriff couldn't be bothered with idea of stranger abduction, so no interest on his part at all. And it is seemingly the same with the FBI or you'd think they would make a little noise to get the word out that the toddler could be out there.

BTW is the PI still PIing? Another link we hear nothing about.

There could be hidden communities/cults in the wilderness, there could be crazy hermits out there. Maybe the wildfires forced "them" out of their areas. Just putting that out there.

We're going to be blaming aliens next smh!

(Yes, I am being snarky & fully expect this post to be deleted)

We're going to be blaming aliens next smh!

(Yes, I am being snarky & fully expect this post to be deleted)
Shouldn't be being snarky. Not because its mean and rude but because truly there could be someone out there. Maybe not cults out to steal children but crazy people do live in the woods.

There was a guy who lived with no human contact for like 20 years in the woods and only came out at night to steal food. Up here we were out hiking and stumbled across a crazy persons camp who had dug holes around his camp. Like deep six fee deep holes.
Remember Elizabeth Smart? Her kidnappers lived in the woods and traveld around living in woods. And lived in the woods with her. Its not that crazy of an idea. People are crazy.

Shouldn't be being snarky. Not because its mean and rude but because truly there could be someone out there. Maybe not cults out to steal children but crazy people do live in the woods.

There was a guy who lived with no human contact for like 20 years in the woods and only came out at night to steal food. Up here we were out hiking and stumbled across a crazy persons camp who had dug holes around his camp. Like deep six fee deep holes.
Remember Elizabeth Smart? Her kidnappers lived in the woods and traveld around living in woods. And lived in the woods with her. Its not that crazy of an idea. People are crazy.

Maybe those holes were for trenching to keep his tent from flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1