TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can track a person w/your Iphone I guess you can "clean" a facebook.
But not clean it of all traces to forensic analysts I wouldn't think.
For sure a lot of planning and stalking went into this murder.
In the end it didn't work out like they thought it would.
Don't the Feds sometimes step in when cell phones are concerned? From previous cases I've seen them as well as secret service give local LE help in technology.
They will find every single trail, imo.

I get the feeling that the ex has gone on her merry way!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was ever dumped. My ex husband left for a woman 20 years younger than me. Then got her pregnant and I'm infertile.
It hurt like heck.
I did not want "good" things for either of them for several months, but in real life you don't kill others. You seek counseling.
IMO the ex was angrier w/Kendra than Ricky.
Such lack of foresight. Such absolute disregard for others.
I'm not shocked. I'm disgusted. This never had to happen.
Not blaming the actions of Kendra either.
However she had to know she was making the ex furious w/all the public pix.
Women (and men) of all ages, please use better judgment.
Here at WS we know this already.
SMH
jmo

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've had my heart broken before too, and on more than one occasion. I never tried to kill any one because of it. One lady was my best friend. Now that really hurts. I just kept it moving. I'm a firm believer that the best revenge is looking good and living well. But, I still haven't forgotten how hurt I was. I could barely breathe.

People need to be sensitive of the feelings of those they are leaving behind. You never know who is unstable, and what it might take to send them over the edge. What most crazy exes don't realize is that it is really a blessing in disguise. They will probably do the same thing to the next person.

Yes I am very Fortunate:)
I'm much happier in the past 10 years.
She left him.
Her mom was a good friend of mine.
As for the "ex" in this case, she had no right to act on her anger.
They would've all gotten older and come to more wisdom, one would hope. Now the world has one less talented soul.
Unforgivable in many ways.
jmo

You can do more than unfriend someone - Facebook has a 'block' feature which you can use to erase someone from your facebook universe. When you block someone every interaction you've had with this person disappears. You can go back to your previous posts and it looks like you are having a conversation with yourself. If you have mutual friends with the blocked person you will not see the blocked person's posts on the mutual friends wall.

One of my first posts on this thread mentioned that I was seeing posts disappear from Kendra's wall. In particular, on one photo there was an exchange between Kendra and a 'friend' that suddenly became one-sided - with Kendra appearing to talk to herself. This might not be sinister or important - it could just be someone who doesn't want sudden public scrutiny.

RP's birthday is in April, and he started dating KH in June, so there wasn't much time between the women, if the birthday post is from this year.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...rystal-cortes-kendra-hatcher-murder/71964514/

In a post found on that woman's Facebook page, she talks about the relationship:

"Happy Birthday to the most amazing and smartest man I know. Ricky, together we've shared so much happiness, you are my best friend. I love you with all my heart and can't imagine life without you!"

She went public with the relationship in June, but reports now state that she began dating him in the Spring. And MSM also states that his relationship with his ex ended earlier in the year. So yes, it seems there was almost no time between these two women.

Wonder if NG will cover this case tonight?

Can someone please tell me "how to track an iPhone?" My kids and I just downloaded "Find My iPhone." It looks like I, as Mom, have to access their iTunes accounts to find their iPhone. Please, please tell me that someone cannot find me if they JUST know my number. This question is being asked a lot on the Dallas News pages so a lot of people are in the dark!

You can alter all of your Facebook pages if you want. But Mark Zuckerberg still has everything you done from day one on servers. Which LE can then access with subpoenas.

Can someone please tell me "how to track an iPhone?" My kids and I just downloaded "Find My iPhone." It looks like I, as Mom, have to access their iTunes accounts to find their iPhone. Please, please tell me that someone cannot find me if they JUST know my number. This question is being asked a lot on the Dallas News pages so a lot of people are in the dark!

Maybe she didn't track the phone gps. Maybe she put a small gps device on the car to follow her movements.

She may have just told cc she was tracking the phone.

Btw. A person would physically need the phone or personal information in order to set that feature up for them to have access to.

You have to have their password to use it. I've tried to find my daughter's IPhone when she's left it at home, but without the exact password she used, it's useless. Plus the phone can't be dead/turned off in order to find it.

You use the Find Friends app if you are asking how to track someone, say, a child. You send a request to a person to track him or her through it, and that person has to accept it. If accepted, you will see where that person/phone is on the map. The other party can switch off the tracking at any time though very easily.

Find iPhone is used to find a lost/misplaced device normally. I use it all the time when I have set my iPad somewhere in the house and cannot find it, as it can send an audible alert to find it. People who had a device stolen have found it again with it too.

I am not aware of any easy way to trace someone just with a phone number (of course LE can), which is why the ex-GF being able to track the suspect had me wondering.

You can alter all of your Facebook pages if you want. But Mark Zuckerberg still has everything you done from day one on servers. Which LE can then access with subpoenas.

Yes! Absolutely. Especially important to remind teens of this point. If you can imagine a day when you don't want it out there, then don't ever put it out there. I'm talking to you *pouty-faced selfie with starbucks cup*

Yes it is. It wouldn't be easy, but people do it all the time like after a break up to get rid of any mention or picture of an ex. Stuff often gets through though because you can't control other pages, and you might be pictured with the ex on someone else's profile. You can untag yourself so it's difficult to find to anyone who wouldn't know "They were at Bobby's high school graduation last year." You can also change the privacy settings on certain posts and photos.

It would be really hard to hide your BFF though. I would have to shut down my FB to hide mine.

I haven't had any breakups, except with friends, or friending people I really didn't want to/hadn't intended to. For those people I created a category called acquaintances. I usually set my posts to: friends except acquaintances- then those people will not see my posts. I did not know you can do it by month/year.

If you can track a person w/your Iphone I guess you can "clean" a facebook.
But not clean it of all traces to forensic analysts I wouldn't think.
For sure a lot of planning and stalking went into this murder.
In the end it didn't work out like they thought it would.
Don't the Feds sometimes step in when cell phones are concerned? From previous cases I've seen them as well as secret service give local LE help in technology.
They will find every single trail, imo.

The FBI does have a Cyber-Crimes division. I know an agent, and I've gotten to peak inside his van.

OT--What bugs me about FB (I have a stealth account for WS purposes), Instagram, etc is that if I send a photo by text or email to a friend, I have to tell them not to post it. I have permission from the person I photographed to send it to the intended recipient, but not to everyone on the recipient's Instagram or FB. And I don't want a photo someone takes of me posted there either, without permission. It's just not the same as the photo albums we used to have that only friends ever saw. Call me old-fashioned. I don't mind. :)

:HHJP:

You use the Find Friends app if you are asking how to track someone, say, a child. You send a request to a person to track him or her through it, and that person has to accept it. If accepted, you will see where that person/phone is on the map. The other party can switch off the tracking at any time though very easily.

Find iPhone is used to find a lost/misplaced device normally. I use it all the time when I have set my iPad somewhere in the house and cannot find it, as it can send an audible alert to find it. People who had a device stolen have found it again with it too.

I am not aware of any easy way to trace someone just with a phone number (of course LE can), which is why the ex-GF being able to track the suspect had me wondering.

She could have found out all kind of information such as passwords, etc, to track the victim. A determined person can do a lot.

I haven't had any breakups, except with friends, or friending people I really didn't want to/hadn't intended to. For those people I created a category called acquaintances. I usually set my posts to: friends except acquaintances- then those people will not see my posts. I did not know you can do it by month/year.

I haven't had any break ups either (blocked a few people though), I've just seen what my daughter and her friends have gone through with their relationships on FB. One day a certain boy is everywhere and the next it's like he never existed.

Except when a vet killed a cat with an arrow, posted it on facebook, started getting slack from people, deleted it. Then DA says, oops, we can't do nothing, she deleted her post so we got no evidence of any crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark