2015.10.15 FL Sunshine Laws - Docs to Remain Sealed at this time. Discuss Here

Can someone please post the link that states Gov. Scott's warrant will be sealed/confidential. Thanks, in advance!

Can someone please post the link that states Gov. Scott's warrant will be sealed/confidential. Thanks, in advance!

Have you checked the media links thread? I believe someone may have posted it there because it was reported by several local MSM sources

Have you checked the media links thread? I believe someone may have posted it there because it was reported by several local MSM sources

I haven't seen it either unless it's in a video only. One sentence in NBC-2's article doesn't say anything about the Governor.
The judge agreed to seal all documents related to Wright's case, citing an ongoing criminal investigation.

Will do. Thanks beach. Distracted watching my Mets.

I haven't seen it either unless it's in a video only.

I saw it during the mass-moving of posts and generating new threads at some point this afternoon. Governor used the word "confidential", other sources stated it as "sealed". I know NBC2 referenced it. I can't recall if I saw it on video or not. I was playing catch up for being offline the past 2 days and I did watch several videos.

Will do. Thanks beach. Distracted watching my Mets.

I hear ya! I was trying to watch the Auburn game tonight while catching up and cleaning in here. Multi-tasking and accidentally unapproved about 20 posts when I meant to move them to one of the new threads! No worries, all repaired now but I created a bunch more work for myself by not paying attention.

If you don't find it tonight, I'll find it tomorrow. I plan on making sure all those media links are complete. There were a LOT of them today. One story actually had 2 video links. Several of them were updated throughout the day as well.

I hear ya! I was trying to watch the Auburn game tonight while catching up and cleaning in here. Multi-tasking and accidentally unapproved about 20 posts when I meant to move them to one of the new threads! No worries, all repaired now but I created a bunch more work for myself by not paying attention.

If you don't find it tonight, I'll find it tomorrow. I plan on making sure all those media links are complete. There were a LOT of them today. One story actually had 2 video links. Several of them were updated throughout the day as well.

No worries. Get some sleep!

I am stopping by the LCSO tomorrow and will also still go to the courthouse and see what the deal is. I am right there anyway, so no biggy.

-Nin

Suspect in Sievers killing, Curtis Wayne Wright, appears in Lee County court
6:37 p.m. EDT October 15, 2015
http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/15/suspect-sievers-case-lee-county-jail/73973514/
A Lee County circuit judge sealed all the records Thursday that tell why authorities arrested Curtis Wayne Wright in the killing of a popular local doctor.

Assistant State Attorney Hamid Hunter filed a notice asking Judge Archie B. Hayward to seal the records due to information contained that would interfere with the active investigation.

more at link.

But would we not recieve a redacted copy such as what our Websleuths mods presented to us in the RB case? I'm not challenging you, just asking since I'm a newbie to Websleuths (as of this case) and not familiar with the sunshine laws. Just aware that they are more lenient than other states.

I am a newbie, as well. I am quite fascinated by the mechanics of all this. Here is my attempt to answer you:

Someone "in the know" could very possibly figure out the redacted names. If members in the killers' camp see that a witness, with credible and damning evidence or info, is about to step up to the plate--(and maybe implicate THEM)--that witness would become a target. Also, the incarcerated killer could have "puppets" out there, that he could give orders to--to kill or to hide evidence.

Dr. Sievers is loved and respected by a lot of people; not only people that knew her and benefitted from her goodness and knowledge--but also by those who have come to know her, through her videos and by what others have stated.

We all will suffer the agony of patience, in order to net as many as those responsible--in any tiny way--for her unjust and horrendous murder. Dr. Sievers may have been outnumbered at the moment of her death, but look who's outnumbered, now?

Love has fused with Justice. We are legion. And we will win.

At whatever cost.

I am stopping by the LCSO tomorrow and will also still go to the courthouse and see what the deal is. I am right there anyway, so no biggy.

-Nin

Keep us updated NIN! Have you been able to get a copy of the document that NBC-2 has re: the bludgeoning? I was hoping to be able to meet you downtown today but doesn't look like I will be able to.

Clearly someone in MSM has access to the warrant, otherwise where did they get this information "The warrant for his arrest, dated Aug. 27, said Wright "did unlawfully, by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, kill and murder Teresa Sievers, a human being, by bludgeoning her or inflicting severe blunt force trauma." ???

http://www.abc-7.com/story/30266260/suspect-in-sievers-murder-makes-first-lee-court-appearance

Clearly someone in MSM has access to the warrant, otherwise where did they get this information "The warrant for his arrest, dated Aug. 27, said Wright "did unlawfully, by an act imminently dangerous to another, and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, kill and murder Teresa Sievers, a human being, by bludgeoning her or inflicting severe blunt force trauma." ???

http://www.abc-7.com/story/30266260/suspect-in-sievers-murder-makes-first-lee-court-appearance

I heard NBC-2 say they got ahold of the document. I think they were the first to report it.

Info about money owed by MS first half.

Second half :
Missouri judge to make document decision
A decision is on the way from Missouri judge Timothy Miller about releasing documents connected to the arrest of Curtis Wayne Wright.

Wright accused of second-degree murder in connection with Dr. Sievers' death and made his first Lee County court appearance Thursday morning after being extradited from Missouri to Florida.

Documents were sealed in Florida after Thursday's hearing, but a documents-related decision in Missouri could release some documents from the case.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/30282965...rs-office-decision-coming-on-wright-documents

ETA ~ I clearly don't know where to put this article, it's kind of two fold???

When Sheriff Scott was talking with Trish IIRC he stated limited info- i.e. Arrest warrants would be available but they would seek to seal other documents. Sheriff Scott seems to be a man on his word- just my gut BUT I have a feeling his paperwork from Missouri will be released.
Mark my words. Feeling confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Sheriff Scott was talking with Trish IIRC he stated limited info- i.e. Arrest warrants would be available but they would seek to seal other documents. Sheriff Scott seems to be a man on his word- just my gut BUT I have a feeling his paperwork from Missouri will be released.

"And you can mark my words on that...no jury will ever convict me"
:laugh: famous words by Jodi Arias whose now serving a life sentence for premeditated Murder.

I totally agree, SMS is a man of his word.

I bet he can't wait until every doc is released, it certainly seems like he's eager for everyone to be 'in the know'. But even though the docs we want were generated by or went through LCSO, the state attorney's office makes the decision to seal them. IIRC what SMS said in the first interview, he knew we wouldn't be getting the 911 call but probably didn't know the arrest docs would be sealed.:waiting::raincloud:

"And you can mark my words on that...no jury will ever convict me"
:laugh: famous words by Jodi Arias whose now serving a life sentence for premeditated Murder.

Yuck!! I will never use that phrase again. Sorry for O/T

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15