IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any MSM or LE release suggesting that Obregon is tied to the death of CG?

Internet commenter speculation is all I've seen. I don't think it's enough to even be considered a rumour.

Has there been any MSM or LE release suggesting that Obregon is tied to the death of CG?

None at all as far as I know. But don't you think it would be prudent that the task force for the LTG case look into a possible connection? Which is what we're doing here.

Somebody pointed out earlier that this would be something the task force would be looking for. And this thing with Obregon/Anderson stars up aprox 2 weeks after LTG is found dead. Worth a discussion, IMO. Also could lead to a whole other branch of the LTG death investigation. A lot of new people need to be questioned, IMO.

I'm not implying you think otherwise. Your question above is a good question.

None at all as far as I know. But don't you think it would be prudent that the task force for the LTG case look into a possible connection? Which is what we're doing here.

Somebody pointed out earlier that this would be something the task force would be looking for. And this thing with Obregon/Anderson stars up aprox 2 weeks after LTG is found dead. Worth a discussion, IMO. Also could lead to a whole other branch of the LTG death investigation. A lot of new people need to be questioned, IMO.

I'm not implying you think otherwise. Your question above is a good question.

Oh, of course it is prudent to check it out.

Mark this post -- I have a hunch that there will be nothing to tie this fellow to CG's death, other than desperate and understandable wishes.

At this point there is nothing to link Obregon or his alleged victim to Lt Gliniewicz' death. Until a POI or suspect is named officially by LE via MSM in this case, please stop the speculation on those individuals.

:tyou:

Just read about another benefit concert for the family of CG. November 6,Daniel Rodriguez in concert...Antioch/Fox Lake. They certainly are raking in the moolah! I seriously doubt that anyone would eventually ask for their money back, though. JMO

Just read about another benefit concert for the family of CG. November 6,Daniel Rodriguez in concert...Antioch/Fox Lake. They certainly are raking in the moolah! I seriously doubt that anyone would eventually ask for their money back, though. JMO

Here's an advertisement for the event:

"Daniel Rodriguez in concert. November 6th, 7pm, with students of Antioch High School 1133 Main St., in Antioch, Illinois for a fund raising event. Proceeds to benefit the family of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, the Fox Lake Police Officer killed in the Line of Duty Sept. 1. Reservations are required, as seats are limited and expected to go quickly. Suggested donation for the evening - $10 per person, however any and all donations will be graciously accepted."

http://www.danielrodrigueztenor.com/#!schedule/c1u9b

"Daniel Rodriguez in concert. November 6th, 7pm, with students of Antioch High School 1133 Main St., in Antioch, Illinois for a fund raising event. Proceeds to benefit the family of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, the Fox Lake Police Officer killed in the Line of Duty Sept. 1. Reservations are required, as seats are limited and expected to go quickly. Suggested donation for the evening - $10 per person, however any and all donations will be graciously accepted."

2f175e_546e314d18854323b4d5bd30ca8fb331.jpg_srb_p_698_958_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/2...pg_srb_p_698_958_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

It's sad how some people prey on the well intentions and gull-abilities of others.

It's sad how some people prey on the well intentions and gull-abilities of others.

So the locals don't know about the uncertainty of the situation? I thought it was common knowledge that there has been no determination made.

Interesting:

Suicides present a dilemma to some departments, who feel that honoring a member who committed suicide may “tarnish the badge.” Many others (and the numbers are growing) treat a death by suicide as similar to a LODD [ Line Of Duty Death] and offer some or all honors.

https://www.funeralwise.com/customs/police/types/

So are they really 'preying' on anyone by calling his death a LODD type death?

So the locals don't know about the uncertainty of the situation? I thought it was common knowledge that there has been no determination made.

I must agree. The man served 32 big ones on the force. Plus he served his country admirably. So why should people feel guilty about having a concert or raise funds. Let's not besmirch the efforts of people showing love for a fallen officer.

Btw. People will donate money to the guy in front the gas station that they know will probably use it for another bottle. But we are suppose to feel hesitant about donating to the LT's family. Come on.

Agree.

Interesting:

Suicides present a dilemma to some departments, who feel that honoring a member who committed suicide may “tarnish the badge.” Many others (and the numbers are growing) treat a death by suicide as similar to a LODD [ Line Of Duty Death] and offer some or all honors.

https://www.funeralwise.com/customs/police/types/

So are they really 'preying' on anyone by calling his death a LODD type death?

I'm all for treating suicide victims as victims and giving survivors full benefits. Someone earlier posted about the difference between suicide and killed in the line of duty and I changed my mind to agree - however keeping it as it is probably leads to officers committing suicide and attempting to make it appear as a homicide or accident. Like with the car accidents I think you mentioned. But as it is now, imo, rewarding someone for faking a homicide is wrong and sends a terrible message. We should be telling people who are suicidal to get real help, not to cover up everything in an attempt to save their pride and increase the payout amount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm all for treating suicide victims as victims and giving survivors full benefits. Someone earlier posted about the difference between suicide and killed in the line of duty and I changed my mind to agree - however keeping it as it is probably leads to officers committing suicide and attempting to make it appear as a homicide or accident. Like with the car accidents I think you mentioned. But as it is now, imo, rewarding someone for faking a homicide is wrong and sends a terrible message. We should be telling people who are suicidal to get real help, not to cover up everything in an attempt to save their pride and increase the payout amount.

I'm with you. I don't want suicidal cops to believe that it's best to commit suicide in the line of duty. But his 32 years on the force tells me that it wasn't for fraud. But maybe to go out with the uniform on with the hint of bravado.

But since I wasn't there. I don't know nada. So we should atleast respect the outpour that people are showing his family.

If the people thought it was a homicide; They will be screaming for blood. But it seems that at this point they don't care which way. They are simply paying respect.

But once again. You are right. If it turns out to be a fraudulent maneuver while committing suicide; Then it should be exposed as not being tolerated on the job. Especially since we do not want officers to be setting someone up through hindsight for their own suicide.

Agree

Of course, no one should be rewarded for faking a homicide situation. But as many have said here, someone who is about to kill themselves, is not in a rational frame of mind. we don't know what his thinking was, what his motive was or the trigger that set things in motion. JMO

Thank you.

Suicide would be one thing and I am certainly sympathetic to a community who looses an officer that way. An officer fraudulently staging their suicide to make it look like they were killed in the line of duty is something entirely different. I still have some sympathy for the family and community - regardless. However, having a fundraiser for an officer that (seemingly) placed the lives of his fellow officers and fellow citizens in danger by faking and triggering a costly and dangerous manhunt? I just don't see how that can be justified.

Thank you.

Suicide would be one thing and I am certainly sympathetic to a community who looses an officer that way. An officer fraudulently staging their suicide to make it look like they were killed in the line of duty is something entirely different. I still have some sympathy for the family and community - regardless. However, having a fundraiser for an officer that (seemingly) placed the lives of his fellow officers and fellow citizens in danger by faking and triggering a costly and dangerous manhunt? I just don't see how that can be justified.

I agree. It's the second part, the fraud and the danger that twists everything and makes this a different case for me.

Thank you.

The funds are being raised to help the wife and children. They had no part in his planning or in the costly manhunt.

If or when the manner of death is ruled as a suicide and that it was staged to look like an officer killed in the line of duty . . . maybe the LT's family will do the right thing and return some of the funds raised to reimburse the taxpayers for some of the costs of the manhunt and subsequent investigations.

Any way you look at it, it is not ok to use a persons frame of mind as an excuse to sweep what leads to suicide under the rug. Many of the causes of suicide are medically treatable. IF it is determined that the manner of death in this case is suicide, I hope some of these funds make its wayto prevention and treatment for officers and military. I don't see the G family as being so destitute that they financially need numeous fund raisers.

Perhaps donations for suicide prevention or to groups like the Explorers in memory of Lt. CG might be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member