Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know when and why the windshield got smashed.

I don't think the windshield was smashed, I think that was an imprecise tweet. (I saw the same one and initially thought the same thing, a reporter tweeted 'front window', but I think she meant front passenger window. Else she would have said windshield.)

I'm curious to know when and why the windshield got smashed.

Was there testimony that the windshield was smashed? I thought it was just the passenger window and that it was half way down?

Makes me think of DM's words:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...rn-to-world-of-fast-cars-and-exotic-adventure

Funny, the US media never did show up to cover this case. Perhaps DM imagined he was more of a star than he is?

Still waiting on him (or his lawyers) to pick this case all apart...

Yeah, speaking as an east-coaster, everyone is obsessed with Steven Avery and Adnan Syed right now.

I have quite a few coworkers who relocated from Montreal a few years ago; I keep meaning to ask them if they were aware of this case and to let them know the trial is happening, but it's a weird topic to try to introduce in casual conversation.

EDIT: Kamille, see my post right above yours.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12 Min.Vor 12 Minuten
Susan Clairmont hat Laney Haverkamp retweetet
They have lots of family/friends here. (Bosmas)

I hope these guys are re-living every single minute of this senseless crime with the thoughts of spending the rest of their life behind bars. MOO

Unfortunately, in Canada that will amount to 25 years max. Take of mandatory parole, and that will be 15, take of pre-trial custody, and these guys could be out in 12 years

Heartbreaking testimony today. Wrapping Sharlene and Tim's loved ones in prayer for strength.

Seeing as DM is a little down this afternoon, I wonder this:

When the Crown provides disclosure to the defence in the case of the cell phone information, does the Crown have to provide as disclosure the lovely graphical presentation that took LE 60 hours to create, or just the raw data?

Because if the Crown only needs to provide the raw data like the sort of stuff we saw posted earlier in the affidavit that was on scrbd and the Spec...wow, that's mean, the defence would not be able to make head nor tail of that without hiring a consultant to interpret it for them.

So I wonder if it was a big surprise to DM that they had all that information from the cell phone records, and if this was the first that he clearly understood this disclosure?

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:36 PM
Court now back in session.

Unfortunately, in Canada that will amount to 25 years max. Take of mandatory parole, and that will be 15, take of pre-trial custody, and these guys could be out in 12 years

No it is life max, and a minimum 25 years to parole...though if DM is found guilty in the WM and LC cases, he could be looking at minimum 50 or 75 years to parole.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:38 PM
We're looking at photos of the interior of the cab at the rear seat area. A shell casing can be seen in one photo.

<modsnip> I'm certain that since this is expert forensic testimony that we must make the assumption that everything was highly documented. If it wasn't, I'm sure the Defence will bring it up in cross. MOO

Yes I am sure it will be raised at cross as with anything else that is not making sense, I guess. thank you

Ann Brocklehurst &#8207;@AnnB03 2m2 minutes ago
Interior of Cab - Front seat are reads the slide title at #timbosma trial, but there are no front seats only the charred metal frame

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Expert testified all of the windows of Bosma's truck were down, except the passenger, which was partially down and shattered #MillardSmich

Adam Carter &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
We're looking at photos of the interior of the cab at the rear seat area. A shell casing can be seen in one photo. #HamOnt #Bosma #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Found a shell case in the rear seat area of truck can. We are seeing it in a photo.

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Crown has argued Millard was in driver's seat, Smich in back, Bosma in passenger - and that he was shot at close range in his truck #Bosma

Sean Leathong &#8207;@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Next image is a close up of the rear seat area, where police found a shell case from a bullet. @CHCHNews #MillardSmich #Bosma

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:41 PM
The shell casing markings say "WIN 380 AUTO." There's a dot where the primer would have been hit. It's a spent shell casing.

There's no early parole for first degree murder anymore. And if he's found guilty in a second murder he could be in prison for longer than 25 yrs.

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Court shown a tight shot of the interior of the cab of Bosma's truck, rear seat area, where a shell casing is visible #MillardSmich

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Police found a bullet shell casing in the cleaned-out cab of #TimBosma truck

Officer says it fell to that spot while they were examining truck. It was not on floor when they first began search of truck.

Sean Leathong &#8207;@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Bullet casing fell into that position during examination. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Now seeing photo of shell casing found in rear seat area of cab. Originally nothing there but says maybe opening/closing doors dislodged it

Close-up of shell case: WIN 380 AUTO

Adam Carter &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
The shell casing markings say "WIN 380 AUTO." #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"Just a simple piece of Brad's. That's what's left. Just a shell." We can see the mark of the firing pin.

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 52s52 seconds ago
Sent to CFS to be compared to other unsolved cases and examined for DNA.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:42 PM
That casing was also sent to the Centre for Forensic Science. Would be checked against unsolved cases and checked for blood and fingeprints.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:42 PM
Now we're looking at the inside passenger door -- there are two red dots they believed were blood.

Shannon Martin &#8207;@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
We're now looking at a photo labelled 'Bloodstain Inside Pass. Door' #MillardSmich

Adam Carter &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 35s36 seconds ago
Now we're looking at the inside passenger door -- there are two red dots they believed were blood. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Sean Leathong &#8207;@SeanLCHCH 47s47 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Mclellan: Shell casing had a small dent in the back. "Likely from a firing pin" that would ignite the round. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 42s43 seconds ago
Blood spots on inside of passenger door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeepingKat