Bosma Murder Trial 02.11.16 - Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:44 PM
Inside the trailer on the wall of the wood panelling, there's a "drip shaped pattern" that turned green under a chemical process. It was swabbed.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Court shown a tight shot of the interior of the cab of Bosma's truck, rear seat area, where a shell casing is visible #MillardSmich

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Police found a bullet shell casing in the cleaned-out cab of #TimBosma truck

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Officer says it fell to that spot while they were examining truck. It was not on floor when they first began search of truck.

That explains why it was not removed by DM and MS while ripping the truck apart. I couldn't understand how they could be THAT sloppy to leave a shell casing in the truck. It clearly flew somewhere at time of firing and got lodge in somewhere they didn't see. MOO

In the early days, before Tim's Tribute was created, all of the donations went directly to Sharlene and her daughter. The Copetown fundraiser alone raised almost $200,000.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/memorial-fundraiser-held-for-tim-bosma-s-family-1.1326884

This level of support is why Sharlene created Tim's Tribute - the community made sure that she was taken care of financially in the face of tragedy and now she wants to pay it forward to others.

I guess I meant for more of the average person who doesn't have this support.
A lot of people lose loved ones to murder, but not as widely publicized and still would want to see justice for them.
It's nice to read Sharlene has so much support, I do remember this now that you mention.
Sadly, this isn't the way it is for everyone though, happy it is for her.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Now image inside passenger door image with 2 spots believed to be blood. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Spots believed to be blood were found inside a panel on truck's passenger door. #TimBosma

We're now looking at a stain on a wood panel in the trailer, near the rear door where more suspected blood was found #MillardSmich

On wood paneling on wall inside trailer, see a drip that turned green after being sprayed with blood detecting chemical LMG. #Bosma

Sent to CFS to be compared to other unsolved cases and examined for DNA.

wow

That explains why it was not removed by DM and MS while ripping the truck apart. I couldn't understand how they could be THAT sloppy to leave a shell casing in the truck. It clearly flew somewhere at time of firing and got lodge in somewhere they didn't see. MOO

Oopsie!

Frank Martin @fmartin959
@susanclairmont how are the accused dealing with mountain of evidence against them? Do you see a change in their demeanor? Great reporting!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Smich is always subdued. Millard has become more subdued.

maybe Smich always knew about what happened to TB and DM is now hearing and seeing the details.

No it is life max, and a minimum 25 years to parole...though if DM is found guilty in the WM and LC cases, he could be looking at minimum 50 or 75 years to parole.

I doubt that. Even though they are separate crimes the sentences will be served concurrent not consecutively. The only way to look them up for longer if they are found guilty is to apply for a dangerous offender status

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Inside the trailer on the wall of the wood panelling, there's a "drip shaped pattern" that was swabbed. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Another photo, more potential bloodstain markings, on the rear passenger door #MillardSmich

Potential blood stain on rear passenger door.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Another image of read wood panel with potential blood stain. And another on rear passenger door. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Some of Bosma's family look down, others hold their faces. Two large screens in court show photo after photo of bloodstains #Bosma

(No offense intended to any posters, but I feel like we're seeing a lot of duplicate tweets from the same journos? We all REALLY appreciate all the work of posting the tweets either way.)

I doubt that. Even though they are separate crimes the sentences will be served concurrent not consecutively. The only way to look them up for longer if they are found guilty is to apply for a dangerous offender status

You are right...it would be concurrent. Now IF he is convicted of all 3 murders...then the dangerous offender status could come into play. MOO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Another blood stain was found on the outside of the passenger door. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Now we're hearing about the fingerprint examination outside of the pickup truck. #Hamont #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 47s47 seconds ago
McLellan speaking on fingerprint exam of truck. Jury already knows two Millard prints were found: driver door & rear view mirror. #Bosma

Unfortunately, in Canada that will amount to 25 years max. Take of mandatory parole, and that will be 15, take of pre-trial custody, and these guys could be out in 12 years

If the Crown has a strong case for WM and LB and DM is convicted of all 3 murders he will likely receive "Dangerous Offender" status like Bernardo did and chances are he will spend the rest of his years in prison. Not sure that the same can be said for Smich.

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c...st-hgh-rsk-ffndrs/dngrs-ffndr-dsgntn-eng.aspx

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:46 PM
Now we're hearing about the fingerprint examination outside of the pickup truck.

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:48 PM

74ec28e4-765e-4fdf-9538-0d2e424af102_800.png

Photos are being shown of the print the jury has heard is Millard's.

There is a recent change in the law in Canada (2012) that allows multiple murder sentences to be served consecutively - see JB case where he killed 3 mounties down east. So it is very possible for DM to have to serve 75 years before parole without dangerous offender status.

(No offense intended to any posters, but I feel like we're seeing a lot of duplicate tweets from the same journos? We all REALLY appreciate all the work of posting the tweets either way.)

Every time I see a duplicate tweet, typo in a tweet or a tweet that wasn't very clearly articulated by the journo...I remind myself that only a short time ago we wouldn't have gotten updates on these trials until the evening news or in tomorrow's paper. NOW...could you imagine if we had Court TV in Canada? NONE of us would be getting ANY work done. :D

Adam Carter
Feb 11 2016 3:51 PM
Now we're looking at glass from the passenger side window.

Adam Carter
"I don't remember there being any glass on the floor of the interior of that vehicle," Mclellen says.

Adam Carter
One window, court has heard, was broken.

Seeing as DM is a little down this afternoon, I wonder this:

When the Crown provides disclosure to the defence in the case of the cell phone information, does the Crown have to provide as disclosure the lovely graphical presentation that took LE 60 hours to create, or just the raw data?

Because if the Crown only needs to provide the raw data like the sort of stuff we saw posted earlier in the affidavit that was on scrbd and the Spec...wow, that's mean, the defence would not be able to make head nor tail of that without hiring a consultant to interpret it for them.

So I wonder if it was a big surprise to DM that they had all that information from the cell phone records, and if this was the first that he clearly understood this disclosure?

They have to provide everything. They use CD's and a portable hardware. Accused can see it all or should, being in jail may make that a little more difficult and they may be relying more on lawyer interpretation IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG