Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been monitoring the police blotter and wondering if anyone is familiar with the Evergreen School area? This says under Feb. 18 - keys were found and I thought.... big deal, a student dropped them but the last part "entered as evidence"....confuses me. Is that a term normally used in lost and found? I am guessing so as the next item says the same. Apologies if someone already posted this I am catching up on the blotter and last nights posts.

http://mltnews.com/mountlake-terrace-police-blotter-feb-13-18/

I dunno. It makes more sense to me that she was killed or abducted at home on the driveway on the side of her house, behind the fence that separates her driveway from the busy street. No clue what that cause of death could be, but it seems less risky and conspicuous than killing someone or abducting them on 58th St where her car was parked. And I refuse to believe that she headed through the park and was accosted there. It is hardly, if AT ALL, a short cut to go through the park. It is just a more rugged, muddy, dangerous route to get to a place that she could easily and quickly (maybe 2 mins) get to safely on a paved sidewalk.

ETA: why would someone be limited to one minute if they killed her at her house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing that at her home is risking her husband turning back around because he forgot something, though. Someone said her car was seen a few minutes later on video being driven at a nearby intersection, and those texts were sent.

Okay, then I kinda hate to ask the obvious question, but do you think that the sheriff has either made a mistake in clearing the husband or has done so for strategic reasons? Or do you think someone pounced the second the husband left the house?

I have to admit, I reallllllllllly thought this was inside job. But I kinda feel obligated to believe the sheriff if he is saying the husband is cleared. I still wonder about another woman being a suspect. If the husband answered truthfully about his knowledge of any kind of lady admirers, he would have passed the poly and the whole thing could have nothing to do with him! He would be helping LE. And that person could be someone who knows both CD and her husband well. Well enough to know her routine. Well enough to gain entry into the house or catch her off guard on the way to the car.

I know police can be cagey with their wording, but when do police ever clear someone as a suspect then change their mind? I have never heard of that, so in my eyes he is innocent entirely. However, as for all polygraphs, they are not scientifically reliable and court inadmissible. You can pass one and be guilty, not pass and be innocent. I doubt a woman did this, however. I do believe it *may* be someone she knows.

Question: what direction is the bus station and how far? Same with her car. I looked on Google Earth and car was according to report, blocks away from the bus centre. Parked on a street with library and police station. Lots of people I would think.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Maybe lots of people if it wasn't 7am. Libraries and police station often don't open until 9, 10.

I cannot disagree with that. It is a big possibility. I guess the thing that throws me off is the motive for someone to remove her from that already wooded, slightly creepy scene, and drive her blocks east to hide her in the culvert. Especially with no one having used her credit cards? Why? There was a perfectly fine wooded area to hide her in, with lots of crevices, right there!

maybe because it wouldve taken more energy and possible more exposure to drag her through the park or from her car down the path...especially knowing people used that path often (as is evidenced earlier by someone who said he took that path on his bike 20 minutes before she was supposed to be there). (so this is someone from the area, who knows the area, i think we all agree). maybe it was premeditated, and they had already chosen that culvert. noone likely used her credit cards because it was a robbery gone wrong, or robbery wasnt the motive at all.

I agree with your scenario. I just don't understand why a random thief would go to the trouble/danger to take her to the culvert and dump her. Why not leave her in her car? And why kill her at all? Why not just take her purse and go?

to wash away dna evidence. maybe his fingerprints are on file, or hes worried they are. maybe he killed her because she fought back against whatever he was trying to do.

It's pretty amazing how close houses are to where her body was found. I didn't realize until the pic. Dang.

yeah, but look how many trees there are, and lookup the crime scene when detectives came upon it. its a very heavily wooded area. plenty of coverage via brush.

to wash away dna evidence. maybe his fingerprints are on file, or hes worried they are. maybe he killed her because she fought back against whatever he was trying to do.

I wonder if they found any evidence down CD's fingernails. If she was in a position she could fight back, there is a good chance there was.

Is it possible that Cheryl did have her badge with her initially? If she were accosted while getting into her car, she could have been subdued somehow. The killer would then have access to her keys to enter the home and put her badge back inside, make the text and power off the phone. I think this person is someone who knew her routine and her coworkers/family.

Is it possible that Cheryl did have her badge with her initially? If she were accosted while getting into her car, she could have been subdued somehow. The killer would then have access to her keys to enter the home and put her badge back inside, make the text and power off the phone. I think this person is someone who knew her routine and her coworkers/family.

I think if the person entered her home - it would have been captured by the home security system - either video or a time stamp on the entry log. I'm basing this on the fact that LE stated the times CD and MD left based on that system.

Yes in my opinion it was at home just to construct all the story around the badge. The badge was not forgotten that morning as for me there was anyone anymore to forget that badge :( the badge simply had to be at home because it was said in the texts that it was at home.

Respectfully, I don't follow this. You're implicating the husband, who has already been cleared. Or you're saying that someone killed her at her house and then made up an elaborate ruse so that no one would look for her for a few hours. That person would have to know that her badge was not in her car, and know the badge was important. Then drive her car to that parking spot near the library and text her carpool friend (so that person would have to know who the carpool friend was, AND have access to Cheryl's phone - know her password or *ick* use her fingerprint to gain access to it).

That is way too complicated for me. If you want to kill someone that badly, you do it, dump the body and be on your way. You don't set up an elaborate scenario to buy yourself only a few hours of time before someone knows she is missing.

I still say it was a crime of opportunity. It happened on that side street. Because we don't have all of the information, we don't understand how it could have happened so it seems impossible. But people get abducted and killed every day in situations where you'd think someone would notice! Except no one does, or no one wants to say they saw anything because then they'll feel guilty for not trying to intervene.

I had mentioned a text log - several hundred posts ago. I can't find it. Maybe I dreamed it up! But it keeps gnawing at me.

Based on the text info here:
http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160216/NEWS01/160219330&template=MobileArt

She texted the final text saying it would take 10 minutes. We have not been told what time that was sent but the 10 minute response was to the offer to wait for Cheryl. The phone was then powered down.

It seems like Cheryl knew it was at home and that's where she was going to get it and at least at that moment - she thought she'd be back there at the P&R in 10 minutes.

I have heard (probably on crime shows) that a power down is different than a break or a dead battery or a short circuit where the phone is suddenly dead.

So I am leaning toward the fact that she left her driveway alone. She pulled over somewhere else to turn around. At that point - I think someone else was present.

Somehow I believe they got her to hand over her phone. I think what may have looked innocent to bystanders was when she got into the passenger side of her white car. I think she was killed there. Then I think the person could have driven to the place her body was found and left her there before returning her car to the overflow parking area.

When they left the car, they took her stuff. But left behind, in the vehicle, was enough blood so that there was no doubt that Cheryl had been in that car that morning.

Can you please poke holes in this so it will stop playing like this in my head?

This is just about what I think happened too, so I can't poke too many holes. Though Cheryl may have powered down the phone herself. If the last text was from the carpool friend to Cheryl, saying "we'll wait" - makes me wonder why Cheryl didn't respond to that. Even just "Ok, thanks" or "It's fine - go on without me". Apparently Cheryl didn't respond to that last text - instead, the phone was powered down.

Maybe Cheryl knew she didn't have to respond, that her friend would wait even if she didn't text back. So she powered down the phone to avoid distraction while driving home to get the badge.

Or someone else powered down the phone, like you said, so that Cheryl couldn't use it and it couldn't be traced. This seems more plausible to me.

OZ

I woke up with Cheryl on my mind this morning, and a couple of things niggling at me. On Jan 31, a week before Cheryl went missing, a Subaru Impreza was stolen from the 4900 block of 44th Ave W, which appears to be fairly close to Cheryl's house, if I'm reading steelman's map properly. No idea if the stolen car was white, but seems a strange coincidence in a case in which we have little info. Could someone have been following Cheryl because of her car? A mistaken identity kind of thing? And a confrontation went horribly wrong? But doesn't explain why she wasn't with her car.

The other thing that niggles is mention of a book found in her car, and her car is parked close to a public library. Almost feels like that is connected somehow, too, but yeah, sounds crazy.

I keep coming back to, she got into another vehicle willingly, with someone she knew in some way, with her purse and cell phone, which could explain no one seeing any commotion where her car was parked. But that doesn't explain the blood in her car, if the blood is in fact from a recent event, and the driver would have had to attack her right away to explain her cell phone not being answered by 7:30.

i just keep thinking the attack on Cheryl is not random, or at least, not totally random.

And I think the missing badge was just a missing badge, but yeah, could be pertinent to the case--another weird coincidence?

Gee, that was all probably clear as mud! Now I'm behind a few pages, off to catch up reading.

Respectfully, I don't follow this. You're implicating the husband, who has already been cleared. Or you're saying that someone killed her at her house and then made up an elaborate ruse so that no one would look for her for a few hours. That person would have to know that her badge was not in her car, and know the badge was important. Then drive her car to that parking spot near the library and text her carpool friend (so that person would have to know who the carpool friend was, AND have access to Cheryl's phone - know her password or *ick* use her fingerprint to gain access to it).

That is way too complicated for me. If you want to kill someone that badly, you do it, dump the body and be on your way. You don't set up an elaborate scenario to buy yourself only a few hours of time before someone knows she is missing.

I still say it was a crime of opportunity. It happened on that side street. Because we don't have all of the information, we don't understand how it could have happened so it seems impossible. But people get abducted and killed every day in situations where you'd think someone would notice! Except no one does, or no one wants to say they saw anything because then they'll feel guilty for not trying to intervene.

Totally agree. There isn't a mythical other woman or some other conspiracy. There are creeps out there and one of them took advantage of an opportunity when it presented itself and it is really sad. People have a bias against believing that things happen randomly because it creates a feeling of a loss of control.

I know police can be cagey with their wording, but when do police ever clear someone as a suspect then change their mind? I have never heard of that, so in my eyes he is innocent entirely. However, as for all polygraphs, they are not scientifically reliable and court inadmissible. You can pass one and be guilty, not pass and be innocent. I doubt a woman did this, however. I do believe it *may* be someone she knows.

DIFFERENT CASE BELOW:

I have thought about this since another post mentioned the same question. At that time I thought about the Jessica Heeringa case from Norton Shores, Michigan, missing since April 2013, but I did not respond to the post. This morning since it was mentioned again, I looked up information about a cleared person of interest in Jessica Heeringa's case.
Here is the video from WoodTV 8 that was published on April 30th 2013.
J.A. took a polygraph and he was cleared.

"Cleared person of interest: 'They asked me if I took her'"

[video=youtube;BlMhqnVOYUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMhqnVOYUI[/video]

Then another article is from WoodTV8 from April 2, 2014, the following year.

"But Shaw told Target 8 that detectives haven’t cleared anyone, and the former boyfriend is just one of a dozen persons of interest they’ve identified. Most of those persons of interest, he said, were known to Heeringa."

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/

Jessica had several boyfriends. My point is the boyfriend in the video was said to have been cleared,but yet a year later Shaw says that No one has been cleared.
IMOO.

I think this is entirely possible. I've thought it was random and she was taken away in a different vehicle. Her car never left the library location. Her body was dumped later and the motive was robbery and drug related. I'm beginning to think there may be evidence of SA.

what does SA mean?? so do you think they moved her body from one car to the next?

i feel anything is possible at this point, but am inclined to believe what police say. wouldnt the killer have to know her security codes? or was it just a surveillance system? i feel if someone was caught on surveillance, police wouldve said that. ? i doubt this theory, but that makes me think what if her badge wasnt found inside her house, but outside her house but still "at home". but then, i would think police would be treating her home as a crime scene...do they need warrants to do that? i would think it would still be labeled a crime scene and noone allowed in if that were the case.

That does sound too complicated to me, too. are you just assuming she had a phone password, or did a news media source say she did or something? I myself dont have a password for my phone. I dont think people always are directly on their way after killing someone, sometimes they hold onto the person while they try to think of what to do, or they do try to buy more time so people don't go looking for the person...or they hold onto the body for other reasons (ick is right).

As for your last paragraph, true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member