Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As more information gets released, IMO we are going to hear that there is evidence she was kept alive at least for that day until the evening.
IMO I think she was accosted right after sending that second text (while pulled over distracted and searching the passenger side of her car for the access card.) I think this was a random attack on Cheryl by someone who has committed this type of crime before.
HE KNEW HE NEEDED TO DISABLE HER PHONE ASAP!
She may have been temporarily incapacitated (by a stun gun) and taken to another location IN HER VEHICLE....where she was sexually assaulted and then murdered. Dumped in the culvert that night. I hate making these assumptions but this makes the most sense to me.
My heart goes out to her family and friends.
A nice lady who didn't deserve to have her normal morning routine end like this.

what does SA mean?? so do you think they moved her body from one car to the next?

sexual assault. I don't think there were really in Cheryl's car. The attack may have occurred there but quickly taken to the perp's car.

As more information gets released, IMO we are going to hear that there is evidence she was kept alive at least for that day until the evening.
I think she was accosted right after sending that text ( pulled over and searching the passenger side of her car for the card) I think this was a random attack on Cheryl by someone who has committed this type of crime before.
She may have been temporarily incapicitated

If this is the case, it was (and still is) very irresponsible of LE to state that the public is not in danger.

This is just about what I think happened too, so I can't poke too many holes. Though Cheryl may have powered down the phone herself. If the last text was from the carpool friend to Cheryl, saying "we'll wait" - makes me wonder why Cheryl didn't respond to that. Even just "Ok, thanks" or "It's fine - go on without me". Apparently Cheryl didn't respond to that last text - instead, the phone was powered down.

Maybe Cheryl knew she didn't have to respond, that her friend would wait even if she didn't text back. So she powered down the phone to avoid distraction while driving home to get the badge.

Or someone else powered down the phone, like you said, so that Cheryl couldn't use it and it couldn't be traced. This seems more plausible to me.

OZ

maybe, but i think at this point the media sources most people have been getting about what the texts said are not reliable. someone way earlier posted links and quotes of what media sources said, and like five different medias said five different things.

I woke up with Cheryl on my mind this morning, and a couple of things niggling at me. On Jan 31, a week before Cheryl went missing, a Subaru Impreza was stolen from the 4900 block of 44th Ave W, which appears to be fairly close to Cheryl's house, if I'm reading steelman's map properly. No idea if the stolen car was white, but seems a strange coincidence in a case in which we have little info. Could someone have been following Cheryl because of her car? A mistaken identity kind of thing? And a confrontation went horribly wrong? But doesn't explain why she wasn't with her car.

The other thing that niggles is mention of a book found in her car, and her car is parked close to a public library. Almost feels like that is connected somehow, too, but yeah, sounds crazy.

I keep coming back to, she got into another vehicle willingly, with someone she knew in some way, with her purse and cell phone, which could explain no one seeing any commotion where her car was parked. But that doesn't explain the blood in her car, if the blood is in fact from a recent event, and the driver would have had to attack her right away to explain her cell phone not being answered by 7:30.

i just keep thinking the attack on Cheryl is not random, or at least, not totally random.

And I think the missing badge was just a missing badge, but yeah, could be pertinent to the case--another weird coincidence?

Gee, that was all probably clear as mud! Now I'm behind a few pages, off to catch up reading.

cars get stolen all the time around snohomish and king county. i just doubt it. you made a good point with knowing someone....
maybe she allowed a person to get into her car willingly, which would explain her blood being found on the passenger seat? for some reason i wish i knew what book it was. not that i think it is connected at all, but i am just curious. i think Cheryl seemed like a really nice, intelligent person (based on what she looks like) and that would give me more insight as to who she was.

DIFFERENT CASE BELOW:

I have thought about this since another post mentioned the same question. At that time I thought about the Jessica Heeringa case from Norton Shores, Michigan, missing since April 2013, but I did not respond to the post. This morning since it was mentioned again, I looked up information about a cleared person of interest in Jessica Heeringa's case.
Here is the video from WoodTV 8 that was published on April 30th 2013.
J.A. took a polygraph and he was cleared.

"Cleared person of interest: 'They asked me if I took her'"

[video=youtube;BlMhqnVOYUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlMhqnVOYUI[/video]

Then another article is from WoodTV8 from April 2, 2014, the following year.

"But Shaw told Target 8 that detectives haven’t cleared anyone, and the former boyfriend is just one of a dozen persons of interest they’ve identified. Most of those persons of interest, he said, were known to Heeringa."

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/

Jessica had several boyfriends. My point is the boyfriend in the video was said to have been cleared,but yet a year later Shaw says that No one has been cleared.
IMOO.

so either the media or that guy said he was cleared, but not the police themselves? in Cheryl's case, wasn't it the police themselves who cleared him as POA?

If this is the case, it was (and still is) very irresponsible of LE to state that the public is not in danger.
I just read this article this morning, it is not related to this case. It does show how irresponsible LE can be about informing the public. Transit police had a rape caught on tape and didn't inform the public, or contact the city PD:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/93698211-story

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IMO I think she was accosted right after sending that second text (while pulled over distracted and searching the passenger side of her car for the access card.) I think this was a random attack on Cheryl by someone who has committed this type of crime before.
She may have been temporarily incapacitated (by a stun gun) and taken to another location IN HER VEHICLE....where she was sexually assaulted and then murdered. Dumped in the culvert that night. I hate making these assumptions but this makes the most sense to me.
A nice lady who didn't deserve to have her normal morning routine end like this.

why do you believe she was kept alive and sexually assaulted?

In her obit, it mentions she died February 2016, but does not give the date, so perhaps she was alive for awhile...
IMOO.

sexual assault. I don't think there were really in Cheryl's car. The attack may have occurred there but quickly taken to the perp's car.

so what do you make of the blood? just to confirm, you think her body was put in the other person's car and an attack occurred inside or outside of her car?

They must already have a good idea it wasn't suicide IMO.
If I recall correctly, the public has been warned to be on alert (not to wear headphones...carry personal alarms...etc.) I don't have the link handy but I know something to that effect has been posted.
The police hold their cards close to their vest and will only give the public tidbits of info at times, IMO.
They may already have a POI that is on their radar and they are waiting for him to make a mistake. His garbage may have been pulled.....he may be under surveillance right now. We don't know what they know...but I 100% guarantee they know how and approx when she died.
All JMO

why do you believe she was kept alive and sexually assaulted?
I just don't think she was killed on a public street with robbery as a motive. I think SA was the motive and he needed to take her to a private and secluded area. He planned this and she was the opportune victim.
JMO

so either the media or that guy said he was cleared, but not the police themselves? in Cheryl's case, wasn't it the police themselves who cleared him as POA?

"updated April 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM"

" Four persons of interest have been cleared of any connection to the missing 25-year-old Muskegon County woman, Jessica Heeringa, who disappeared from her gas station job over the weekend, police said."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/police_four_cleared_as_persons.html

But a year later Police Chief Shaw, states that no one has been cleared.

so what do you make of the blood? just to confirm, you think her body was put in the other person's car and an attack occurred inside or outside of her car?

Possibly attacked on the trail but most likely near or in her car. The blood is either not related or as a result of the attack.

I just don't think she was killed on a public street with robbery as a motive. I think SA was the motive and he needed to take her to a private and secluded area. He planned this and she was the opportune victim.
JMO

maybe she fought back and the robber accidentally killed her.....although your theory makes more sense, sadly.

JMO
and maybe he returned the car because he didn't want her found, or found that quickly........ god how terrible to consider :/

Let's leave Facebook gossip on Facebook, please.

Thanks.

What type of surveillance cameras are on that street (ie: outside the library) Does anyone local know?
The police already have very likely identified a vehicle of interest they may have seen on camera. IMO
I really think this case is going to break wide open in the next four to six weeks (after toxicology reports come back.)
She may have been drugged....IMO

Just another thought....if her key was the mystery item found a few days later if there is no fingerprint on it it will confirm that it was dumped by someone else. She would have no reason to wipe off fingerprints and then dump the key.
If she really was looking for a reason to skip her carpool she would have called in sick and not used the pass card left behind excuse. IMO

What type of surveillance cameras are on that street (ie: outside the library) Does anyone local know?
The police already have very likely identified a vehicle of interest they may have seen on camera. IMO
I really think this case is going to break wide open in the next four to six weeks (after toxicology reports come back.)
She may have been drugged....IMO

Just another thought....if her key was the mystery item found a few days later if there is no fingerprint on it it will confirm that it was dumped by someone else. She would have no reason to wipe off fingerprints and then dump the key.
If she really was looking for a reason to skip her carpool she would have called in sick and not used the pass card left behind excuse. IMO

Hypothetically if a key was found... what key are you meaning?
A car key? A house key? A key to something else?
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member