FL- Pro Gun Florida Woman shot in the back by 4 yr. old son

It seems to me that there is a cultural shift going on where no one ever wants to admit they are wrong. I'm betting that this lady will go to her grave saying she didn't do anything wrong or that her beliefs regarding gun ownership remain unchanged. Just an "unfortunate" accident befell her, etc., etc.

Not to be super dark, but at this point I'm pretty sure the power of stubborn human denial and lack of objectivity is what will bring down civilization.

EXCLUSIVE: 'It was just a freak accident, we won't give up our guns.' ....Gilt's mother, Jane Bramble, 71, tearfully admitted ...
‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here’...
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-fine-watching-cartoons.html#ixzz42YxBYdOt

^sbm
Sorry, Ms Bramble, imo, if Ms Gilt is a victim, she is a victim of her own gross negligence in not storing gun safely. And w/out reading FL statutes re gun ownership and/or child endangerment, IDK whether her actions were criminal, but seems like they very well could be.
4 y/o child in back seat of vehicle should never have been able to access gun. Ditto a 4 y/o at home.

Two or more ways to accomplish this w child in car:
- Carry gun on body in an approp. holster for that particular make & model.
- Store gun in a vehicle gun-safe w lock, chained to seat frame or bolted to car floor.
Examples at http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/auto-gun-storage/_/N-1100215/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104195880.

A gun safety rule: handle & store guns in ways preventing children (& less responsible ppl) from getting hold of them. Very basic rule ^.
All ^ JM2cts.

JM2cts.

Ms Gilt's mother speaks out:

EXCLUSIVE: 'It was just a freak accident, we won't give up our guns.' Teary mother of Florida pro-gun poster girl shot in the back by her 4-year-old says it will be a long road to recovery but her grandson is doing fine, watching cartoons

Jamie Gilt, 31, was driving with her son, 4, through Putnam County, Florida

The child picked up a loaded .45 handgun from the back seat and fired wounding his mother

Gilt's mother, Jane Bramble, 71, tearfully admitted it will be ‘a long road to recovery’ for her daughter

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here’

She said the Sheriff hasn’t spoken to her as far as she knows

Just 24 hours before the accident, Gilt posted about her toddler's shooting ability

She wrote: ''Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-fine-watching-cartoons.html#ixzz42YxBYdOt

Victims of stupidity!!! They should either be forced to choose: give up your guns or your child, you can't have both together!!!

Victims of stupidity!!! They should either be forced to choose: give up your guns or your child, you can't have both together!!!

I have a feeling that if they could be totally honest with themselves, a lot of gun enthusiasts would end up keeping their guns.

Ms Gilt's mother speaks out:

EXCLUSIVE: 'It was just a freak accident, we won't give up our guns.' Teary mother of Florida pro-gun poster girl shot in the back by her 4-year-old says it will be a long road to recovery but her grandson is doing fine, watching cartoons

Jamie Gilt, 31, was driving with her son, 4, through Putnam County, Florida

The child picked up a loaded .45 handgun from the back seat and fired wounding his mother

Gilt's mother, Jane Bramble, 71, tearfully admitted it will be ‘a long road to recovery’ for her daughter

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here’

She said the Sheriff hasn’t spoken to her as far as she knows

Just 24 hours before the accident, Gilt posted about her toddler's shooting ability

She wrote: ''Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22'

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see the grandmother expressing a single word of concern for the grandson who could be dead now because of her daughter's criminal irresponsibility and stupidity.

And why the heck wasn't the child strapped in a car seat?

Now that JG and her mother have taken a verbal beating in the cyber world - one for their actions and the other for their attitude about those actions - will muster all the empathy I possibly can for them -

You are both wonderful poster gals for the anti-gun lobby. Well done!

Guns are dangerous. She kind of forgot about that part. Oh, and the safely securing loaded guns part. She forgot that, too.

I can't fault people for wanting to defend themselves but this is a bit careless.

These two sentences really annoy me....

"Earlier Gilt's mother Jane Bramble, 71 said: 'It was just a freakish accident, Jamie’s done nothing wrong."

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-s-stroller-Florida-store.html#ixzz42b9Gq8L9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These two sentences really annoy me....

"Earlier Gilt's mother Jane Bramble, 71 said: 'It was just a freakish accident, Jamie’s done nothing wrong."

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-s-stroller-Florida-store.html#ixzz42b9Gq8L9

Yes she's a victim of her own carelessness and stupidity. I also think it should be criminal to leave a loaded weapon loose for any child to find and use. My Parents and Grandparents were gun owners and locked or disassembled their weapons always. When I owned them they were unloaded and locked always. I heard of way too many children's deaths. I finally ended selling them all. I rather be safe than sorry where my little ones are concerned.

EXCLUSIVE: Pro-gun mom shot in the back while driving by her four-year-old son STOLE five pairs of shorts worth $455 and tried to sneak them out of a Florida store in her child's stroller

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...othes-using-boy-s-stroller-Florida-store.html

In comments posted March 7 to one post on the page, a user named Jamie Gilt wrote: 'I can promise though, if someone breaks into my house, or tries to harm me or my family pretty anywhere, they will be shot and most likely killed. It's my right to protect my life.'

So if someone enters her house to steal something, she'll shoot. Would the store owners have been justified in shooting her when she went a-stealin'?

‘If they try to take our guns from us they’ll just go into the hands of criminals. People own guns here, it’s our way of life – hunting and shooting. But I’d still own a gun if I lived in New York City.’

Into the hands of those OTHER criminals...

Yes she's a victim of her own carelessness and stupidity. I also think it should be criminal to leave a loaded weapon loose for any child to find and use. My Parents and Grandparents were gun owners and locked or disassembled their weapons always. When I owned them they were unloaded and locked always. I heard of way too many children's deaths. I finally ended selling them all. I rather be safe than sorry where my little ones are concerned.

I think it is a crime, at least in Texas. it's worded something like making a firearm accessible to a child.

So if someone enters her house to steal something, she'll shoot. Would the store owners have been justified in shooting her when she went a-stealin'?

Weird. She has kind of a bizarre disconnect.

Earlier Gilt's mother Jane Bramble, 71 said: 'It was just a freakish accident, Jamie’s done nothing wrong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-s-stroller-Florida-store.html#ixzz42cEzohbl

:rolleyes: This was not a freakish accident. Freakish accident aren't illegal IMO I fractured my foot, while at a salon getting my nails done. Freakish Nightmare just stood up ankle went.

Wowzer talk about :silly:(being outed online)

hope she gets charged

So Mama (and probably everyone else in her life) will be telling her nonstop "You've done nothing wrong. This was a freakish accident. You're the victim!" Therefore no reason whatsoever to examine her own actions or attitudes.

If the store clerk stopped her, she could have stood her ground etc. It's Florida, she probably could have kept the shorts after too.

It really annoys me when adults project their own love of guns onto their little children. No doubt there are child soldiers/terrorists who are "jacked up" to shoot things if that's what the adults are rewarding them for. How thick can you be?

Yeah and even if he loves guns, that's not really the point. Love them or not, he is clearly not old enough to handle loaded firearms because he does not understand the dangers involved.

(But then, mom doesn't understand either :p)

Yeah and even if he loves guns, that's not really the point. Love them or not, he is clearly not old enough to handle loaded firearms because he does not understand the dangers involved.

(But then, mom doesn't understand either :p)
It's like a professional race car driver letting their kid get behind the wheel. Sure, there are many risky activities adults can responsibly enjoy, as an adult and parent you have to let the child mature a bit before you thrust them into peril.

Not every person out there is suitable gun owner, and just because you are taught safety doesn't automatically give you the proper mindset to be around guns.

I'm sure Adam Lanza was taught gun safety.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back