Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Friday, truck gone. Jennings at work, Millard came later.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s30 seconds ago
When he showed up on Friday the truck was not there. Art was there. Then Dell arrived after. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s16 seconds ago
Texts from May 9. At 9:49pm DM texts SS: "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
May 9, 9:49 pm from Millard: "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through," then at 10:22: " I want to take it back..."

^ so as DP said, DM was indeed "remorseful"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard text to Schlatman, May 9, 2013 9pm "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through." #Bosma

Schlatman says he believed it was the #Bosma family

wow.

Adam Carter
One from Millard to Schlatman: "I can't stop thinking about what that family is going through." Then another "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned about how that is going to play out."

Wowzers......so my thought....AJ had the family meeting....SS stormed out.....went to see DM....DM says he didn't know it was a stolen truck/etc......I'm actually starting to believe SS didn't know as much as I had originally thought.....MOO

The truck wasn't there on Friday.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

Now seeing texts from Thursday, May 9 in the evening.
by Adam Carter 12:55 PM

One from Millard to Schlatman: "I can't stop thinking about what that family is going through." Then another "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned about how that is going to play out."
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

Response from Schlatman: "Ya, that's a tough call man. Have you considered goin to cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think it's warm?"
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

Millard answers: "hypothetically: if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy: what the truck?"
by Adam Carter 12:57 PM

"I would believe this was the Bosma family," Schlatman says in court.
by Adam Carter 12:57 PM

***Wow

Good grief. :(

Schlatman says he had talked by then about the truck possibly being Bosma's with his father in law. Schlatman says he hadn't gone to the police about it.
by Adam Carter 12:58 PM

"He said according to the VIN number it was Tim Bosma's truck." Schlatman was at Arthur Jennings' house when he was told this.
by Adam Carter 12:59 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"...but I'm a little concerned out how that's going to play out." Schlatman says he thinks this was about #Bosma family.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Schlatman says he doesn't remember talking to Millard about #Bosma,"

Schlatman says he does not recall talking to Millard about #Bosma case

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
"Ya, that's a tough all man. Have you considered going to cops? Tell me ya bought this truck but you think it's warm"

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 30s30 seconds ago
May 9, #Millard sends text to Schlatman: I can't stop thinking about what that family is going through. SS says he meant #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 20s20 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Text from Millard: "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned how that's going to play out."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
Schlatman says he had discussed truck with Jennings, who called CrimeStoppers and knew it was Bosma's. Schlatman never called cops.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 31s32 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman responds: Ya that's a tough call man. Have you considered goin to the cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think its warm

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s30 seconds ago
At this pt, SS says he had talked to Art. Art had told him about communication with CrimeStoppers. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3s4 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard texts back: Hypothetically: if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy: what truck?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
At 10:22pm, DM: "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned (at) how that's going to play out." #Bosma

Yeah, how do you take back killing TB? Or was he going to dump the ravaged truck at SB's?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5s5 seconds ago
Says talked to Jennings before Millard text. Why did he advise Millard to go to cops? " The DM I know is is a rich guy...He's a nice guy."

Court now seeing this photo of the truck in the hangar.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

16b124n.png

Schlatman says that's the spot he saw the truck in the day before this photo was taken.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

Schlatman says he talked to his father in law Arthur Jennings about the truck.
by Adam Carter 12:46 PM

Schlatman says he "thought the truck was gone on Thursday morning," but that photo was taken on that date.
by Adam Carter 12:47 PM

Nobody went to work Tuesday. SS removed emblems on Wednesday. AJ took this picture Thursday? But SS thought the truck was gone already on Thursday? The emblems are still on the truck in this photo.

He says the conversation about the Bosma truck happened just before he texted Millard. "If you knew that Mr. Schlatman, why did you send that text?" "I told him that because I thought he had maybe gotten himself into getting a stolen truck. The Dellen Millard I know, he's a rich guy, he doesn't need to steal a truck. I never would have thought Dellen Millard would be involved in anything like that. I never thought he would hurt someone."
by Adam Carter 1:01 PM

Now on lunch break, back at 2:15 p.m.
by Adam Carter 1:03 PM

***There appears to be a lot of whitewashing here to me. And I'm not talking about the boxes of satin white paint. ;)

If you were suddenly informed that your co-workers thought the truck you just bought was part of the Tim Bosma missing person case you don't wonder how it would play out if you tried to return it....YOU CALL THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY!!! That is if you had actually bought it. MOO

Schlatman responds: Ya that's a tough call man. Have you considered goin to the cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think its warm

At this pt, SS says he had talked to Art. Art had told him about communication with CrimeStoppers. #Bosma

Millard texts back: Hypothetically: if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy: what truck?

Interesting that SS didn't come out and say to DM, "it's TB's truck". He was protective of himself, not totally confiding in DM.

I really am beginning to wonder what frame of mind his Father was in, because WTH was he doing while all of this was going on at his 10 mill hangar...sorry but here you have a kid that has shown no interest in taking over that hangar and you let him just run a muck? Where was he for the 8 months before he died? The business should have gotten off of the ground in Feb 2012 but it never did...so my question is why was WM no more involved in things?

In 2010, council approved construction amounting to $9,142,801. This was spent to grade the vacant site in the airport's northwest corner, improve drainage, install utilities and servicing, reconstruct and install pavement and other works.

By 2011 the ambitious hangar project was back on track. Council voted to lease the hangar site for 50 years at $19,000 a year. Millardair further agreed to pay $372,000 as its share of costs to service the site.

Council's lease report states: "The facility will be used for commercial aviation purposes and storage of aircraft up to and including the size of a Boeing 757-300. It is anticipated that approximately twenty (20) persons will be employed at the facility in the field of aircraft handling and maintenance."

In July 2011, the firm secured a building permit for a $6.4 million hangar on two hectares owned by the public. Construction launched on the red-roofed building. The hangar secured an occupancy permit in February 2012. However, the bold plan to service jetliners never took off.

Wayne Millard died on Nov. 29, 2012
. Chris Wood announced it by email on Dec. 4, 2012:

All my opinion but it just shows something must have been going on in WM life that he let things go like this.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Friday, truck gone. Jennings at work, Millard came later.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s30 seconds ago
When he showed up on Friday the truck was not there. Art was there. Then Dell arrived after. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s16 seconds ago
Texts from May 9. At 9:49pm DM texts SS: "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
May 9, 9:49 pm from Millard: "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through," then at 10:22: " I want to take it back..."

^ so as DP said, DM was indeed "remorseful"

Millard text to Schlatman, May 9, 2013 9pm "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through." #Bosma

Schlatman says he believed it was the #Bosma family

wow.

No, I'm getting that DM was saying he wanted to take the TRUCK back to the mythical place he lied about buying it from because golly gee, he had NO idea it was a stolen truck.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 54s55 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman tells jury: I never thought Dellen Millard would be involved in something like that... I thought possibly he had a stolen truck

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s31 seconds ago
("That family," Schlatman says, is #Bosma family)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
"I never though DM would be involved in anything like that. I didn't think he would hurt anyone." Maybe just steal a truck.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s17 seconds ago
At 10:26pm SS: "ya that's a tough call man. Have you considered goin to cops? Tell em ya bought this truck but you think it's warm" #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Schlatman thought #Millard bought a stolen truck. Never thought "he'd be involved in hurting someone... He's a nice guy."

Schlatman never asked Millard where Bosma was. Last text from Millard says truck would put him in jeopardy. "What truck?"

Break now.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 57s58 seconds ago
Then DM responds: "hypothetically: if this is the same one, I'm in a lot of jeopardy: what truck?" #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
He said he thought that was DM "playing dumb." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 52s52 seconds ago
Breaking for lunch. #Bosma

Break is until 2:15 pm - let's chat!

Based on the texts, SS thought somebody else had stolen the truck, Tim was missing, and DM just happened to buy that truck from somebody else. DM wasn't remorseful. He was pretending to be while lying to SS.

Anyone care to try to unpack this:

Texts from May 9. At 9:49pm DM texts SS: "I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through."

I guess this rests on whether DM is 100% sociopath. If so, do we assume he was trying to fake what a normal person would be feeling?

Edit: Maybe that sounds like an obvious question, but I mean it in the sense of--why did he decide to fake that little bit of normal human empathy to SS in that moment?

Anyone care to try to unpack this:

I guess this rests on whether DM is 100% sociopath. If so, do we assume he was trying to fake what a normal person would be feeling?

I'm no expert in mental things so I'm not touching that but I think it's pretty obvious what was going on here.

AJ assume's it's Tim's truck and calls Crimestoppers. He calls back and sure enough, they confirm the VIN matches. He tells SS, SS brings it up to DM and at this point, DM knows his scrawny butt is in a sling. So out come more lies. "Jeepers guys, I must have bought a stolen truck! Oh that poor family! Blah, blah and various and assorted additional blah"

He was in 100% CYA mode at that point.

And allow me to add: KUDOS to SS for turning over his phone to LE so that the actual texts were made available. Say what you want about AJ not doing something sooner, or SS not doing or doing this or that, but handing over his phone was kind of huge. So, he gets points for that.

No, I'm getting that DM was saying he wanted to take the TRUCK back to the mythical place he lied about buying it from because golly gee, he had NO idea it was a stolen truck.

My take on when DM said he wanted to take it back was he wasn't talking about the truck. I think he meant he wanted to take back what he said about the Bosma family ("I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through." ) and change what he said.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
I can tell you Crown Craig Fraser was pressing Schlatman hard. Schlatman was calm. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Crown asked SS why he didn't ask where Tim Bosma was. Says he never thought DM could be involved in something like that. #Bosma

My take on when DM said he wanted to take it back was he wasn't talking about the truck. I think he meant he wanted to take back what he said about the Bosma family ("I can't stop thinking about what that family's going through." ) and change what he said.

I don't think so. The whole quote:

"I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned about how that is going to play out."

He's pretending he wants to do the right thing and take the truck back to the (fictional place he got it) but knows he'd get caught up in the ensuing investigation.

Keep in mind it's pretty clear he's lying to SS in these texts, with the pretense being that he accidentally bought a stolen truck whose owner is missing. His 'concern about how it's going to play out' is meant to counter SS's suggestion that he do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim