Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know for sure is I want this blood tester's job. They've been out of town for how long now?? :angel::D

Would be nice to know if we're talking 'meat juice' or squirrel blood or what. Not that I think it would clear up much, but who knows!

"On leave." Could be medical, so don't get too jealous!!!

"On leave." Could be medical, so don't get too jealous!!!
Just trying to bring some levity to the thread. People were getting testy. But now I'm wondering - if someone is away on medical leave, wouldn't their work usually be given to others, as opposed to if it was temporary for like a vacation?

Just trying to bring some levity to the thread. People were getting testy. But now I'm wondering - if someone is away on medical leave, wouldn't their work usually be given to others, as opposed to if it was temporary for like a vacation?

It depends on whether there is a second qualified person to do the job. If medical leave goes on too long, sometimes a new and similar position is created ... ,and sometimes the old position is phased out.

Last i read, the lab person was due back end of March
Even if further testing is done, we may never hear about it

The cat breeder said the "new" cat didn't like the food
It is possible that Cheryl picked up new food over the weekend and transported it in that car

Thank you for your post. I'm seeing numerology discussed and have no context. May I ask what the potential relevance might be? Thanks in advance.

I was adding to the levity :) I have no clue what on leave means or whether his/her responsibilities would/should delegated during an absence. I was surprised once when a case stalled because the particular FBI guy assigned had pneumonia.

I was adding to the levity :) I have no clue what on leave means or whether his/her responsibilities would/should delegated during an absence. I was surprised once when a case stalled because the particular FBI guy assigned had pneumonia.

Staffing levels have been an issue at these labs and at one time they've all had a pretty big backlog. Couple that with specific skills for specific jobs, it is easy to imagine a 1+ month delay on an item.

Whenever our detectives send stuff away we always assume it could take multiple months and sometimes more than a year, depending on the type of test and where it is sent (FBI/state crime lab/outside lab). Mitochondrial DNA is the slowest for us.

Apologize if someone already posted this. I am still going back and forth between suicide and homicide.

Thought this may be helpful from the snohomish county medical examiner examiner website on manner of death.

Interesting that suicide requires evidence of intent while homicide does not require intent to cause death. I guess that does make sense, IMO.

Suicide
Suicide is defined for Medical Examiner death certification purposes as a death from self-inflicted injury with evidence of intent to die. Evidence of intent includes an explicit expression, such as a suicide note or verbal threat, previous attempts, or an act constituting implicit intent. An example would be of a self-inflicted contact/close range gunshot wound (particularly of the head, chest, or abdomen) that is recognized as having very high potential for lethality, and is considered to be implicit evidence of intent to die.

Homicide
Homicide is defined as the action of one person directly causing the death of another. *A death that occurs during and is related to the commission of a felony is also considered homicide. *A violent death may stem from some kind of deliberate or purposeful action, but intent to cause death need not be present or proven for the classification as homicide.*

Homicide and murder are not the same. *All murders are homicides, not all homicides are murder. "Murder" is not an acceptable manner of death classification for death certification purposes. *"Murder" is a term used under specific conditions in criminal law matters and as a general concept. *An example might be that of unintentional firearms-related hunting death. *While it may be classified as a homicide, it is up to legal authorities to determine when to prosecute such case as a “murder”, “manslaughter”, etc.

http://snohomishcountywa.gov/806/Cause-Manner-of-Death

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I am the Doubting Thomas! This lab person conveniently disappeared.

First, there was only one person that could do the required test. IIRC, after time had passed, public was questioning where were tests results, it was then announced person was off.

More time passes, more questions, now person is on vacation and will return end of month.

Just read above this person is now on leave, medical leave?

The federal government gives one 90 days of guarNteed medical leave with your job back. There is no way the work this person is responsible for is going to sit and wait for them!! Someone else will do that work even if they have to bring in a temporary.

This is a suspicious death and the results of this test are important. Each passing day is a day lost if a murderer is involved. There is someone in the Seattle area that is qualified to do this test! MTPD get on the ball and find someone qualified to do this test. There is a family waiting for the results to see where the results will take this investigation.

My opinions only.

First, there was only one person that could do the required test. IIRC, after time had passed, public was questioning where were tests results, it was then announced person was off.

More time passes, more questions, now person is on vacation and will return end of month.

The federal government gives one 90 days of guarNteed medical leave with your job back. There is no way the work this person is responsible for is going to sit and wait for them!! Someone else will do that work even if they have to bring in a temporary.

This is a suspicious death and the results of this test are important. Each passing day is a day lost if a murderer is involved. There is someone in the Seattle area that is qualified to do this test! MTPD get on the ball and find someone qualified to do this test. There is a family waiting for the results to see where the results will take this investigation.

My opinions only.

Where did you read that?

My opinions only.

People were posting that the person was on vaca or out of town, but it was always only stated in MSM that the person was on leave until end of March. Who knows what kind of leave.

Are you thinking LE is lying about the inability to get the test done, or stalling, or not trying hard enough, or that the results are actually in? just trying to understand!

You're welcome. My second mission I learned a lot about keeping an open mind. We'd got called about a missing person out in the woods near a hot spring. We stopped an oncoming car leaving the area as we were heading in (midnight, middle of nowhere) and asked if they'd seen the person or their car. They hadn't and drove off. Then my team leader swore ... he said "we should have got their license plate, what if this is a homicide and they were the murderers?"
Are you allowed to comment on if it was the steven moline case?

Are you allowed to comment on if it was the steven moline case?

No it was a simple case of lost hikers. The point was that you need to keep you eyes open and take notes and not assume that a simple case of missing hikers is just that.

My opinions only.

This person could have had a baby.

My opinions only.

I believe the person was out (we don't know whether it was for training, business, personal time, spring break etc) but the article said he/she would be back at the end of March. Medical leave was not mentioned at all - just here in this thread in a response indicating that we really don't know the circumstances regarding the lab worker's time off .

My apologies that I didn't recognize it as such. :) This thread gets a bit heated at times (as I'm sure you've noticed) so I guess I assumed 'the worst'. I wish everyone would remember NONE of us know all the facts of this case and none of us know 100% if it was homicide, suicide, or aliens. All we can do is speculate and even that runs a bit low at the moment since we haven't heard anything new in quite a while. If we're getting frustrated with that here, imagine how Cheryl's loved ones feel... :(

My understanding is they are still undertaking computer and cellphone analysis and they wouldn't release this "sensitive information" until then. They haven't released toxicology reports to the public. Also this quote came from the recent article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther