GUILTY WA - Ingrid Lyne, 40, Seattle, 8 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped and BBM

Agree! Agree!

The "something else" I'd like to discuss is any connection JC has to the neighborhood where he left the bags. Was the neighborhood simply convenient for him, or did go there specifically? IIRC, his mom once said he holds grudges. Did he pick specific locations? Or, just easy locations?

For locals, does it make sense for him to drive through that neighborhood when traveling from Ingrid's house to where he left her car?

It's generally on the way from Renton to Seattle if he took the non-freeway route, but not those exact streets. I have a feeling he just pulled off of Madison and drove around looking for bins. It's possible that he could have known someone who lived in either of the houses, but I think more likely it was just opportunistic.

I wonder what ever happened to the Ford Taurus......

It was probably stolen ha!

Just passing info.............Spokeo does not take AmX! but when they try to get you to buy close the window a popup comes up that gives a week for 95 cents !! Master Card Discover only tho --Only one I have is AMX!

Ummm, so please provide me a Web link or online resource that instantly shows his criminal background?

You say that it "only took people minutes after learning his name to know he had a violent criminal history", but that is because it was publicized by the media and law enforcement AFTER his name was publicized and AFTER the crime was committed. If you do not work in law enforcement, such information can be obtained by paying a fee to various online sites that provide background checks (e.g. intelius.com , beenverified.com , instantcheckmate.com). But she may not have been aware of those resources, and most people probably either are not aware of those resources, do not care to pay the fees involved, or do not remember to do it. Ten years ago, marriage and divorce records were freely searchable on the Web sites of some state governments, but even those are now no longer openly available to the public. Criminal records can also be expunged or sealed, and visible only to LE. More people remember to ask their partner for a blood test as proof that they are free of disease prior to sex than to perform a background check on a new partner, but even that is often not done and people just ask for a simple yes/no verbal confirmation that their partner is disease-free without asking for proof. I think that I am very good at cyber-snooping people, but excluding the publicity about the murder, I only found JC's Facebook page and later found his Plenty-Of-Fish and Mingle dating profiles. Just from his Facebook page, he seems to be very close with his sister and not that abnormal.

Ideally, every person who dates someone, regardless of whether they are male/female and whether they met online or in person, should perform both a background check and request official proof of being disease-free from a fairly recent blood test with each new partner, instead of just asking if they have ever been arrested and just asking if they are disease-free, but the vast majority of people do not have verified proof about their partner's arrest and disease backgrounds. Have you asked every previous partner for verifiable proof of their previous arrests and a copy of a recent blood test to check if they are disease-free? Have you even at least simply asked every previous partner if they have ever been arrested and if they are totally disease-free (even though they can lie about that)?

Being too naive is never a good idea, not just "in the world in which we live today", but also more than a century ago when Jack the Ripper roamed the streets of London.

A simple google search could reveal a mugshot. Of course you may not always find something, but I have found them many times for people (not someone I'm dating, but work with). I have also Googled one of the coaches of my children and found out he was a sexual offender. He was the nicest guy, would have never have known. I will be honest, I'd be very hesitant to date anyone with a mugshot of any kind. No matter where you met them - online or otherwise - or whether you're dating or working with them. When you put yourself in the position of being alone with someone (referring to all of us in general), you can never be too safe. I get that people want to see the good in people, but sadly that is not the world we live in.

Yep, it's just that it was previously listed with the male petitioner's name as has been previously noted in the thread. It seems odd that the record has changed in the last few days.

hummm...something tells me a lawyer advised such, but why? King of typos here - maybe it was a typo!!

hummm...something tells me a lawyer advised such, but why? King of typos here - maybe it was a typo!!

A court would be unlikely to edit a caption based on a lawyer's remark. Thurston County and a few others had their case management systems updated to Odyssey this week. The way the caption reads is controlled by the case management system. It's more likely the change was simply a function of Odyssey's method of displaying the previously input information. It has no legal significance what party is listed first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dexter

You are just the person we need to talk to now!!!!

The only thing that stands out as a big difference for me between meeting someone online vs elsewhere is the subtle cues we pick up from people when face-to-face that might stop us from getting past hello. We are not really aware of these subconscious interactions, but they are there, and we get a feeling about the person.

Online you don't have that filter until you actually do meet them, and maybe by then they have already gotten you to think positively toward them with fun banter and false narratives. You are primed to accept them before you ever meet in person. So your mind could over-ride your gut instincts at that point. That's what I would worry about.

Of course if you normally don't listen to your gut instincts anyway, it would be a wash!

Agree. The internet also helps masks the jealousy personalities and the possessive personalities of a person.

So it can leave a person blindsided when they start noticing in real life that the new love interest doesn't want you talking to other male friends. Or the new love interest is now demanding that you stop socializing with long time friends and family. Or the new love interest is now telling you that you dress to proactive even though they first acted like they loved everything about you.

So imo. You can definitely find a gem online. But be careful of the isolated psychopaths that are studying your entire online existence before ever meeting you.

A woman can say hello and A guy can become a stalker in 1 second in real life. But it takes much longer for them to collect more things to build on that obsession.

But when it comes to online. They have everything that they need right there.

Also the isolated psychopath will rarely enjoy a double date. But they may come off as the most sociable person in the world. But they are scared to meet your friends because they know that your friends will see right through them since they didn't have time to previously smitten your friends online.

So please be careful.

I respectfully disagree, I believe the friends 6-8 weeks dating are true, I also believe JC about spending a few nights on occasion. Heck I will even go as far to say that IF they actually went to game and were spotted, most people would probably think a nice looking couple. Taking their ages into account, I think I would be more surprised if there was not any type of intimacy at that point, No way was this a first date.We have two good looking middle aged adults and I do not believe JC showed any red flags or signs previously. Ingrid did not tell her friends, hey this guy is kinda creepy so if anything happens...no it was quite the opposite, her friends clearly would have stated otherwise if that was the case.

Agreed. I'm also a little hesitant about using the term "grooming" to describe what went on here. By all accounts IR was an well-educated, trained and independent person with presumably some diagnostic training (not necessarily in MH but in reading people). She was her own person. Perhaps the side she had seen of him did not yet include the "mean drunk," the violent reactor. Not everyone who leaves a marriage becomes desperately vulnerable. She certainly doesn't come off that way to me.

It may be what it looks like: someone who was on the outs and who became dangerously abusive when drunk/on drugs; sufficiently so in this case to commit an act of profound violence, including the brutal attempt to cover it up (which may also have been a secondary assault).

My nephew shared the info about Ingrid being missing right away last Saturday . I searched him thoroughly right away and didn't find anything about criminal history. I did not pay to have a background check. I don't think that's realistic to suggest to people dating. There's a recent case local to me (San Diego) where a woman was killed by someone she met at work who had no priors. I joined this thread because I'm interested in the sleuthing aspect. I'm hoping the hindsight what ifs aren't the focus here. Someone said it on the first thread, what happened to her is rare. Statistically speaking there's a much greater chance of getting killed driving to a date than by your date.

Referring to your video Cariis I think that guy is schizophrenic. Hearing the voices in his head. People on crack can't stay still, picking at their face and skin. It's very sad. We can thank President Reagan for closing all the Insane Asylums. They are all wandering the streets with no place to house them.

Edit. Did you delete it?

If they were a item for 6 to 8 weeks. Then where are the posted selfies while out on a date. Has any of their friends said that they took any type of pictures together or of each other in those 6 to 8 weeks?

No selfies at the opening game posted to facebook or friends either? Very strange. Maybe she didn't want to take a photo of them because she knew that she was 2 seconds from kicking him to the curb. Idk

But I never looked at either one of their Facebook or social media pages. So I could definitely be wrong.

If they were a item for 6 to 8 weeks. Then where are the posted selfies while out on a date. Has any of their friends said that they took any type of pictures together or of each other in those 6 to 8 weeks?

FWIW- there weren't any photos of him with her on IG that I saw at the very beginning when she was 1st reported missing.

I looked at both of their social media accounts while both were initially "missing" Saturday morning and neither had pictures of the other.

I agree with this. Why would he only say a month? I read an article last night that said her friends wanted to make sure the media got out to the public they dated 6-8 weeks. I don't believe this as they didn't want people to get the wrong ideas about bringing him to her house after the first date. This was said when she was just missing.

Not many people agree with me here but I think this was a first face to face date.

There was a poster in the very beginning who stated she was a friend of a friend of Ingrids friend and that is was a first date.

No selfies at the opening game posted to facebook or friends either? Very strange. Maybe she didn't want to take a photo of them because she knew that she was 2 seconds from kicking him to the curb. Idk

I think that means little or nothing, if you look at Ingrid's FB, there is only one picture of a male, her ex, circa 2012. Most all of her pictures were of herself, no girlfriend pics, and a few of her children. Her girlfriends had pics together with IL....Bruno Mars concert pics etc. But Ingrid did not share any pics of girlfriends/male friends so I would not expect to see a boatload of selfies between JC and IL.

I agree with this. Why would he only say a month? I read an article last night that said her friends wanted to make sure the media got out to the public they dated 6-8 weeks. I don't believe this as they didn't want people to get the wrong ideas about bringing him to her house after the first date.

Not many people agree with me here but I think this was a first face to face date.

There was a poster in the very beginning who stated she was a friend of a friend of Ingrids friend and that is was a first date.

I agree. She could have chatted with friends about a guy she was talking to but this have been the actual first date. All the initial comments on this story were of the style, "Why would this mom go out with some guy she met online?" So the fact that she's been talking to him for awhile may have been discussed by friends as a way to defend her against these (completely rude and unnecessary) attacks.

I agree. She could have chatted with friends about a guy she was talking to but this have been the actual first date. All the initial comments on this story were of the style, "Why would this mom go out with some guy she met online?" So the fact that she's been talking to him for awhile may have been discussed by friends as a way to defend her against these (completely rude and unnecessary) attacks.

Exactly!!!

I think that means little or nothing, if you look at Ingrid's FB, there is only one picture of a male, her ex, circa 2012. Most all of her pictures were of herself, no girlfriend pics, and a few of her children. Her girlfriends had pics together with IL....Bruno Mars concert pics etc. But Ingrid did not share any pics of girlfriends/male friends so I would not expect to see a boatload of selfies between JC and IL.

You may be right. Her kids is on her Facebook page so maybe mom just kept her Facebook page simple for family and just to be safe of possible employers or coworkers that may come across her page.

Now was her instagram or photobucket or whatever the same as well? As far as her not posting pics with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01