OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Kenneth have been the one they were looking for? Maybe it was someone who didn't know where he lived. Maybe he was even killed hours later.

It is such a small town. If there were hired killers from out of town, wouldn't they have been seen in the area and noticed?

I think DeWine is correct in saying this is a planned mass murder. It may not have been single shot, but it does seem to have been done execution style. It does seem to have been done to punish some people and to send a message to others who might be thinking of doing the same.

I also think there is some involvement or knowledge of the crime by other people in the community, some of whom may be influential people.

DeWine says they were people who knew what they were going to do, who were ruthless. Agree

Trying to get people to come forward. That might work better if they would offer tipsters and informants with some form of protection, temporary relocation, etc. This could be a dangerous group of people with influence in many areas. E.g. if I were someone with possibly helpful information, I would be afraid someone in LE would rat me out to the perps. It happens.

DeWine, spend what you need to on this investigation.

OR Kenneth is the key to all of this. This is based on a theory that Kenneth was last of course but to go 30 miles away to kill one more is what I find weird.......I still say it has to do with him and the rest were collateral. .....imo.....

30 miles to kill one more? When did that happen? I thought Kenneth was only like 8-9 miles away.

I just can't get my head around the fact that so many people were murdered. I mean, if they were after one or two family members, why slaughter everyone? It just seems like overkill to me!

Not necessarily, if they came and left late at night. They may have come to the crime scene via back roads, without going through town. If they were pros, and they may have been, they know how to avoid detection, get in, do the job quickly, efficiently, without leaving evidence, get out.

He is admitting to finding marijuana in 2010 (23,000 plants), and 2012 (2,100 plants).

He says that people were camping out near these plants that they found.

He is saying be careful calling it a cartel. He believes it were people from Mexico and involved with organized crime. (???)

No one going to ask if they were all shot with the same weapon?

Giving them the doubt, smh, if they do know what is going on what possible scenario could we be looking at. Rumors abound in every case, why even address them? And the remark about having the presser to show we want it solved or whatever he said???? I'm guessing the rumors are about Le.

There's a thought or two in my head that would fall into that category...

Wonder if they had been popped, and were working uc for LE, but, someone in an official capacity was worried their name was going to come out? Just a thought.

Mr. AG: You found 23,000 pot plants in an abandoned camp in 2012 or whenever. Now you are backing away from whether or not it was cartel related. "That's what we thought at the time." Something's up there.

Ha
sherbetjello
same thought same time :)

Well that was a presser done for pressure of not saying anything, they didn't update anything.

I think the Sheriff is good and smart to have called in others, but the AG is driving me nuts. I noticed that Hannah Gilley is a friend on the Sheriff's FB page and think how difficult it must have been to see someone he knows in that situation and with her child there. I don't think some realize or think about what the poor responders have to deal with in the aftermath of such a crime. His comments about the officers from other counties helping them with patrols also made me think about what this is costing the county. Such a waste on so many levels.

Could anyone hear the very last question? He angrily snapped "I am not going to answer that." I wonder what the question was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeAM