DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank your Nin ~ So it's tomorrow, right? I hope they will be able to live stream it again. I know the camera testimony of the girls will be private and most likely be held in the judge's chamber. I really want to hear those phone calls though :phone: :please:

Monday, May 16, 2016
2:00 PM J.S.; C.S. 16-DP-113
Continuation of Hearing from May 11th

M/For Change in Custody; Petition for Temporary Custody by Extended Family Member (Paternal Grandmother); M/For In Camera Testimony of Minor Children.

Attorneys
Kristin Allain - Florida Department of Children and Families
Michael Mummert - Mark
Toni Butler - BS
Christina O'Brien - MAG
James Jessell - GAL
http://www.floridabar.org/wps/porta...--_LSO/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?mid=879691

Previous info: (Naples News)
DCF and an independent advocate for the girls, known as a guardian ad litem, want the children to remain with Groves, who moved from Connecticut to Estero in March to take temporary custody.

DCF lawyers said the jail calls contain “statements that directly contradict” testimony given Wednesday morning by Bonnie Sievers. Branning decided to allow the calls into evidence, but to give the lawyers for Mark and Bonnie Sievers a chance to review them first.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/local/Live-Updates-Custody-hearing-for-Sievers-girls-378886041.html

Guardian ad Litem
This info is from/for the state of Maine, but it's the best source I could find. It
explains everything about a GAL, and what their duties involve.
This portion is especially interesting. I assume the "you" used in sentences below would be MS and/or his mommy.

1.If the GAL is recommending something that is contrary to a child’s express wishes, the GAL must inform the court of the child’s position.

2.The court “seals” the GAL’s reports so they are private to the parties and to the court. No one else can see them. This means that you are also prohibited from showing the report to others, unless you get the Court’s permission.

3.The law requires YOU to cooperate with the GAL. As long as the GAL is doing what has been ordered by the Court, you must comply with all of the GAL’s reasonable requests.

4.YOU may not “exercise undue influence” over your child. This means not to “coach” your child about what to say to the GAL or the Court and not to “orchestrate” your child’s behavior in order to gain advantage. [Be aware that if either the GAL or the Court thinks that you are trying to manipulate the process in this way, it will probably work against you.]

http://ptla.org/what-guardian-ad-litem#

Mary has nothing to worry about. I know they have been through hell but they are still on top. The GAL already recommends the girls stay with Mary and that speaks volumes. They are independent. Mark can't say they messed up because they are not associated with DCF. Courts truly listen to these people. We have that in Oregon as well and judges really do value their opinion .

Mark is the one that needs to worry and he's lost.....

Thank you Oregonmama for your informed opinion- it brings me great comfort. Now, let's here those tapes!

MAG didn't get to testify before the phone call situation came up, right?

My hope for the outcome tomorrow is:

*The girls will stay with MAG - a definite
*Mark's calls will be limited to once a day or every other day MAX. And a time limit placed on them
*Mark will be ordered to pay MAG for the cost of the phone calls. Can use months telephone bill. BS will have to do this IMO.
*Mark will be ordered if he tries manipulating, ordering, instructing the girls, phone privileges will be once a week.
*All letters must go through the GAL.

I don't have any idea what will happen upon discovery of Bonnie perjuring herself. Will it be ignored as it was when Cindy perjured herself? Mark's conversations may get him in double doo doo - how wonderful!! The judge, DCF, LE, and all doubters
will get to hear what we have been warning them about for almost one year now regarding leaving the girls in his care! At last it is happening! Oh, I don't want to leave Amazon Rain out who also knew what was going on and was worried speechless.

These taped phone calls will also be a big help to the girls therapist to understand the control and mannerisms their father had on them.

My greatest fear is that the daughters have already been immeasurably harmed by their father's and grandmother's manipulation.

Then, there is that insurance money, which will accrue to the girls and through them to their guardians once the case is settled by a jury. If NG, Sievers will be rolling in money, if Guilty, the guardian will be in a similar situation.

BS is in a situation that she knows she cant handle and shame on Mark for putting her there. Yes, it may be easy having the girls to spend the night but whole different story when you are responsible for their day to day care all the time. She stated it would be hard without the money to support them. TS family isn't going to hand that over to her. If she should get custody they should go and tie that money up in an account for their higher education so its untouchable until the girls reach legal age. jmo.

These girls need a stable and nurturing, healthy environment and IMO that will be with Teresa's side of the family. There is no doubt in my mind that BS has continued MS manipulation of the girls by telling them there dad would NEVER do anything to harm their mother. IMO, exposure to her is not healthy and just more confusing for the girls. Her visits should be supervised as she is not deemed trustworthy in my eyes.

I would love to see them move out of Florida, up to Connecticut or wherever MAG and TS live, and assume a more normalized childhood. Their "past" would not necessarily follow them and it would be a new environment. Private school would be ideal IMO for them versus the home schooling, and since their mother loved them so much, she took care of them for life.

The sooner MS goes to trial and IMO, found guilty, the sooner these little girls will no longer be his pawns or subject to his manipulations and influence. When they turn 18, if they want to see him, their choice. I was so glad to hear that they are in therapy as this must be incredibly confusing for them.

Praying all goes well today for MAG & the girls. BS having custody in any form/fashion would be a huge disaster---even visitation with her makes my skin crawl SO hope that will be under strict supervision. Heck, BS doesn't truly care, all her focus is on MS---her 11th hr request for custody screams VOLUMES---if those girls are out of sight, they're out of her mind! (JMO but I really believe) BS knows MS is guilty and continues to influence the kids under his direction.... WHICH AMOUNTS TO her totally dismissing the reality of what he did to his children's mother!!! These people are sick game players, any phychiatrist will tell you that--it's blatantly obvious. YES, hope MAG can take the girls back up North, away from this sick circus & start back up leaving the nightmare behind FOREVER.

Hell, let BS bear the cost of travel or phoning to keep in touch (don't know how that can be arranged though--since the need for supervision, am I dreamin' ?!). It was HER SON who CAUSED all THIS.

They remind me of a line in the movie, "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil", when The Lady Chablis said, "Two tears in a bucket, mother###k it". I think of MS & BS as "Two 💩💩s in a bucket". (a Clint Eastwood movie, fact based)

These girls need a stable and nurturing, healthy environment and IMO that will be with Teresa's side of the family. There is no doubt in my mind that BS has continued MS manipulation of the girls by telling them there dad would NEVER do anything to harm their mother. IMO, exposure to her is not healthy and just more confusing for the girls. Her visits should be supervised as she is not deemed trustworthy in my eyes.

I would love to see them move out of Florida, up to Connecticut or wherever MAG and TS live, and assume a more normalized childhood. Their "past" would not necessarily follow them and it
would be a new environment. Private school would be ideal IMO for them versus the home schooling, and since their mother loved them so much, she took care of them for life.
The sooner MS goes to trial and IMO, found guilty, the sooner these little girls will no longer be his pawns or subject to his manipulations and influence. When they turn 18, if they want to see
him, their choice. I was so glad to hear that they are in therapy as this must be incredibly confusing for them.

If MS is found guilty, I hope a move would be in the future. There would be nothing in FL to keep them here, since they are all from the East, and moving would be a healthier choice for the girls, IMO. Legally, not sure if there would be a lot of hoops to jump through if MG chooses to moves out of state with the girls. Also, if Teresa was buried, her family could also have her moved to her hometown. If anyone remembers the Chris Coleman case, her family fought hard to get their daughter and grandchildren moved closer to them after he was convicted. Hoping this custody nonsense comes to a close today (I think we all know the outcome), and the girls can focus on trying to be kids again.

Seriously, I don't know how else inmate outgoing phone calls are made other than 'collect' BUT, is there any other way for these calls to be paid for? Is 'collect' the only way? For MAG to not get into trouble with 'the court' regarding a dad communicating with his children (if that can be an issue) AND staying clear of MS having his Attny bring this into court as another issue (really meant to harass MAG), what can she do? Limit calls to once wkly & refuse to answer all other calls from him?

While a phone call might seem like a 'little thing', it's a slap in the victims' face when that victim (one of many in the family) of the same crime has to pay for the murderers' calls. I know these times of 'no justice' occur, just wonder if there's a way around not paying for MS jail calls.

These calls are a 'big thing' for MS, he loves it. Also a 'big thing' for MAG in a most negative way. MS should have to 'pay to play' OR prepay for such calls. Reminds me of communications, many years ago, between Bill Cosby & his son while at college. The son wrote & mailed his dad a short note---Dear Dad... No mon, no fun, Your son. Cosby answered the note with---Too bad, so sad, Your dad. Hoping for the same for MS.

Hearing soon, fingers crossed that MS is shut down & custody is DONE (all in MAG favor). MS took TSs' life AND the life of her children. They will move forward with therapy & love in a positive way but it will never be the same as it was. They have a future and they have their history which should not define them, it will just always be with them.

BS is in a situation that she knows she cant handle and shame on Mark for putting her there. Yes, it may be easy having the girls to spend the night but whole different story when you are responsible for their day to day care all the time. She stated it would be hard without the money to support them. TS family isn't going to hand that over to her. If she should get custody they should go and tie that money up in an account for their higher education so its untouchable until the girls reach legal age. jmo.
Thank you CONCERNEDMOTHER You are fab! Just wanted to add a little to what you wrote. She is an adult with Caller ID, and needs to quit booking passage on the Mark Sievers crazy train!! (Brings new meaning to the word, LOCO-MOTIVE, huh?) How can she possibly look at herself in the mirror and say, "I want to take custody of my granddaughters so they too, can learn to be controlled by a man in prison for the next 30 years."
Way to pass the torch, BS,....way to pass the torch.

Here is link to Lee County Prisoner Handbook and an answer to phone calls and payments....hope it answers some questions.

http://prisonhandbook.com/1794/lee-county-jail-fort-myers-fl/

This is the actual written info about phone calls...below...Prepaid cards, an account or collect calls. So MS can get a prepaid card or a phone account and use it....think that is what BS needs to do for her son, along with the Judge making a ruling on the amount of calls made per day....JMO.

"Phone calls that inmates are allowed to make from jail are with a pre-paid phone card or account, or are collect calls . Phone calls made in jail are generally more costly than phone calls made at home. Inmates are able to make phone calls, with restrictions on when you can make phone calls, how long you can talk, and how often you can make calls, but bear in mind that there are a limited number of phones, so all the inmates must share phone time. If you break the rules and are disciplined, phone privileges might get cut back or forbidden comp..." (phone number to jail was given which I did not post).

Thank you CONCERNEDMOTHER You are fab! Just wanted to add a little to what you wrote. She is an adult with Caller ID, and needs to quit booking passage on the Mark Sievers crazy train!! (Brings new meaning to the word, LOCO-MOTIVE, huh?) How can she possibly look at herself in the mirror and say, "I want to take custody of my granddaughters so they too, can learn to be controlled by a man in prison for the next 30 years."
Way to pass the torch, BS,....way to pass the torch.
Great analogy as always!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Here is link to Lee County Prisoner Handbook and an answer to phone calls and payments....hope it answers some questions.

http://prisonhandbook.com/1794/lee-county-jail-fort-myers-fl/

This is the actual written info about phone calls...below...Prepaid cards, an account or collect calls. So MS can get a prepaid card or a phone account and use it....think that is what BS needs to do for her son, along with the Judge making a ruling on the amount of calls made per day....JMO.

"Phone calls that inmates are allowed to make from jail are with a pre-paid phone card or account, or are collect calls . Phone calls made in jail are generally more costly than phone calls made at home. Inmates are able to make phone calls, with restrictions on when you can make phone calls, how long you can talk, and how often you can make calls, but bear in mind that there are a limited number of phones, so all the inmates must share phone time. If you break the rules and are disciplined, phone privileges might get cut back or forbidden comp..." (phone number to jail was given which I did not post).

If/When he is convicted, the big house phone rules may not be as lenient. Especially at first.

Jacob Carpenter ‏@NDN_JCarpenter 6m6 minutes ago
I'll be in Lee County court with live tweets of the 2 p.m. Mark Sievers custody hearing that was continued from last week. Stay tuned.
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More

Prisons have phone accounts that you can put money on to make calls in 30 minute incriments per call. A relative can load money on the account via credit card as well by calling the 1800 number.

Heads-up!

I am going to generate a new DCF Shelter Hearing thread before this hearing begins. We are already at close to 900 posts and don't want everyone to have to switch threads at a critical time.

This one will be closing in about 10-15 minutes.

I am just curious. I have no background in courts involving children. I would have sort of thought hearing would be closed to anyone not involved. I am ready for Jacob Carpenter tweets live from the courtroom. I am just curious if the judge presets tweeting/filming parameters/limitations. I enjoyed watching previous hearing but am guessing the judge didn't want it filmed. Maybe we learned a child's physical long term ailments when the courts wanted to keep private health concerns private? Who is normally allowed inside the courtroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz