Bosma Murder Trial 05.20.16 - Day 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the crown will seal it for me but now that Sachak is finished his cross I still say there's enough evidence for both to get first-degree. I think parts of what MS says is true but other parts complete BS IMO. I think based on all the evidence available they both go down. I still believe the plan was DM's and he always intended to kill Tim IMO. Or at the very least thought about that option the night of the theft and killing.

I hope soon this is all over and the Bosma family can get some final closure. Or at he very least not having to dread court every single day. I've never had to deal with something so horrible but I did know Noelle Paquette throughout high school and I was glad her family was spared a lengthy trial. You never really move on but when you know they're locked up forever you feel a little justice has been served - as small as it might be.

btw hope everyone has a nice long weekend (if you're Canadian anyways!)

1. There's really no such thing as "owning a tricky scale" because everything scale can be programmed as such. Virtual every set of scales (a used for drugs or small measurements) can be programmed to be "tricky scales" using the tare button... it's remarkably simple!!! The tare button is used to set the scales to "0" when the tray is empty - it's a feature to maintain precision and allow you to measure things in bowls/glasses/etc. You could very easily set the scale to read 3.0 grams even with nothing on the tray -- and therefore could slyly measure out say 11 grams of a substance and sell it for the price of 14 grams to a buyer, gaining their confidence because the scale reads 14 grams.

That really isn't hard to detect though.

Did AM testify and agree to the quote below?

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...illards-lawyer-at-tim-bosma-murder-trial.html

2. Sachak said Smich also asked Michalski to get him “the thing” that another friend Matt Hagerman had.

Smich has consistently denied asking for – and knowing about – the toolbox containing a gun that Millard had dropped off to Hagerman the morning of his arrest.

My question is, why did MS deny referring to "the thing" when it's in an actual text message extracted from Meneses's phone, which he was using to communicate with Michalski at the time?

The gas station would have had video of the transaction too, where was that in the numerous surveillance cameras that they checked?

I'm wondering how much video surveillance got tossed out due to legal arguments from DM's defense team.

Did AM testify and agree to the quote below?

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...illards-lawyer-at-tim-bosma-murder-trial.html

2. Sachak said Smich also asked Michalski to get him “the thing” that another friend Matt Hagerman had.

Smich has consistently denied asking for – and knowing about – the toolbox containing a gun that Millard had dropped off to Hagerman the morning of his arrest.

From google docs Adam Carter trial tweets:

Court now back in session. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016
"He said that they got Dell, and that I should get all of the drugs out of his house, Michalski says Smich said when he called him #TimBosma Apr 12, 2016

"He was quite panicked," Michalski says. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016

"I put them into a blue Under Armour backback and put them in my car and drove around the street," Michalski says about the drugs. #TimBosma Apr 12, 2016

Smich contacted him again. "He wanted me to meet up with Hagerman," Michalski says. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016

"And he wanted whatever I had and Hagerman had brought to him the next day." #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016

Michalski says he didn't know what Hagerman had. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016

"And he wanted whatever I had and Hagerman had brought to him the next day." #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016

Michalski says he didn't know what Hagerman had. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 12, 2016

So, Sachak keeps calling it "the thing" but the testimony more accurately reflects that he asked for "the stuff"?

The lighter info is interesting. Smich is a smoker of cigarettes and weed. DM only smokes weed. There were lighters in his Yukon IIRC. I think if the lighter info was brought up there is something to it. Why bring it up? It doesn't match the story of Smich being in the truck on the highway and all of a sudden shooting TB. I think mentioning that lighter is very very strange. I believe it is DM's lighter. I wonder if LW knows? JMO

Sachak now showing a photo of a lighter that says "Toronto Hemp Company." "Do you recognize that lighter?" Sachak asks. "No sir I do not," Smich says. Sachak says Smich dropped that lighter "in a state of panic" in the field. Smich says no, it's not.
by Adam Carter 10:06 AM

First thing I thought of was DM and CN. Did MS bicycle to Toronto? DM was in Toronto on May 3rd (I think) according to texts. That's when MS asked for the orange guys and tape.

Didn't CN have a touque on in her IG pics from some weed place in Toronto?

Not to mention that most are black.

Well, yeah, but that is a pretty generic statement to make. That's like saying a lot of Hondas are white. You have to look at a lot of variables, including model, year, features, options, etc...

A much better indicator is looking at the options on Tim's truck. Not all were standard features.

So, but you also have to remember that it would have to be the SAME truck, and not a dually, with the same options (running lights, chrome wheels, chrome running boards). It would have be awfully coincidental for a black Dodge Ram 3500 single-axle with features including running lights, chrome wheels and chrome running boards (and judging by the photos and the bounce of light off the truck, both recently washed), driving by the same Super Sucker within 15 minutes of each other, and five minutes of each other if you factor in the southbound truck at 9:15.

It would almost be identical trucks, with the owner choosing identical features and both single axle, passing each other (one southbound, the other northbound), at 9:17 or 9:18 on a Monday night, on a remote road, just as one of the trucks is being taken for a test drive.

To let you know how remote that chance would be, I just did a search on Auto Trader for a 2007 3500 within 500 KM of Hamilton (think the west side of the state of Michigan to Ottawa to Sudbury and everywhere in between). There were seven available, and guess how many had the same options Tim's had?

Two.

Neither were black.

Fancy lighter @ 1:40 in this video. Sorry, I don't have the link to the individual Yukon photos.

[video=youtube;iruNjXrhttM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruNjXrhttM&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=61[/video]

Well, yeah, but is a pretty generic statement to make. That's like saying a lot of Hondas are white. You have to look at a lot of variables, including model, year, features, options, etc...

A much better indicator is looking at the options on Tim's truck. Not all were standard features.

So, but you also have to remember that it would have to be the SAME truck, and not a dually, with the same options (running lights, chrome wheels, chrome running boards). It would have be awfully coincidental for a black Dodge Ram 3500 single-axle with features including running lights, chrome wheels and chrome running boards (and judging by the photos and the bounce of light off the truck, both recently washed), driving by the same Super Sucker within 15 minutes of each other, and five minutes of each other if you factor in the southbound truck at 9:15.

It would almost be identical trucks, with the owner choosing identical features and both single axle, passing each other (one southbound, the other northbound), at 9:17 or 9:18 on a Monday night, on a remote road, just as one of the trucks is being taken for a test drive.

To let you know how remote that chance would be, I just did a search on Auto Trader for a 2007 3500 within 500 KM of Hamilton (think Micheigan to Ottawa to Sudbury and everywhere in between). There were seven available, and guess how many had the same options Tim's had?

Two.

Neither were black.

Oh, did someone say the trucks that passed by Supersucker were also for sale? I missed that!

If DM went to get gas, where is his receipt with date and time stamp to prove? Even if he paid cash, he would still have a receipt...

Wonder if LE ever tried to confiscate mastercard/visa bills? Could be telling.

Fancy lighter @ 1:40 in this video. Sorry, I don't have the link to the individual Yukon photos.

[video=youtube;iruNjXrhttM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruNjXrhttM&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=61[/video]
You know my car isnt the cleanest but it doesn't look like this. I'd be embarrassed to pick up a girl in this car. And I've never dated a guy with a car like this.. Most young guys take pride in their "rides"., piece of trash like the owner? Sorry couldn't resist

He also had to check for the phone, move the body and either roll down the window with the bullet hole or break it off. Probably the first spot he could find that he felt was far enough away and out of the way

As tedious and gruelling as the last 5 days have been, NS has probably done a decent job of muddying the waters enough to create doubt for some jurors as to who really did what, and when, and that's what he gets paid to do. He's managed to create doubt here on the boards as well just by way of tweets. He managed, without putting his client on the stand, to tell DM's version of events without opening him up to cross examination. Now they may be lies and that's what I have to assume, but he got it out there.

What he also managed to do was to show us exactly who Mark Smich is and I thought he got that out there quite nicely. I didn't like him before and I despise him now.

NS's tactics, style and monotony may have driven us all to distraction but he might just be brilliant. I've thought long and hard about what NS has accomplished. He's not going to get DM off but he gave it his all and he worked with what he had and he clearly has created doubt. Good job.

He hasn't swayed me, I still think they're both guilty of 1st degree and I think Jury will see that too.

MOO

I still want to know about the hoses and the building that DM wanted to build on his Roseville Rd. property. I am hoping that when the Jury begins deliberations and we get to hear what the jury didn't hear, these two items will be explained. Fingers crossed.

Oh, did someone say the trucks that passed by Supersucker were also for sale? I missed that!

Well, we know one was, don't we?

I think it is pretty obvious what I am saying. If it's not, let me try it another way.

A black 3500 single axle with chrome running boards, chrome wheels and running lights is not as popular as you think, even when the main argument is "most of them are black" in Ancaster. One on that particular road, on that particular night, at that particular time?

Not really hard to figure out.

As tedious and gruelling as the last 5 days have been, NS has probably done a decent job of muddying the waters enough to create doubt for some jurors as to who really did what, and when, and that's what he gets paid to do. He's managed to create doubt here on the boards as well just by way of tweets. He managed, without putting his client on the stand, to tell DM's version of events without opening him up to cross examination. Now they may be lies and that's what I have to assume, but he got it out there.

What he also managed to do was to show us exactly who Mark Smich is and I thought he got that out there quite nicely. I didn't like him before and I despise him now.

NS's tactics, style and monotony may have driven us all to distraction but he might just be brilliant. I've thought long and hard about what NS has accomplished. He's not going to get DM off but he gave it his all and he worked with what he had and he clearly has created doubt. Good job.

He hasn't swayed me, I still think they're both guilty of 1st degree and I think Jury will see that too.

MOO
I totally agree

Or the police were so set in their tunnel vision that he's the killer that they refused to work with him on a deal - which would also explain why people at trial reported seeing the crown passing otes to NS during questioning - they dont want to be proven wrong!
I do believe he did make a statement as DM wrote in his letters to CN that MS "got himself charged because he tried to put the blame on him"??? If that's the case when do we get to hear about this and if he did try to make a deal and was denied???? He obviously did tell someone he didn't do it so isn't up to his lawyer to communicate that???
What is this about passing notes to NS??? Is this standard procedure for the Crown to be working with a defendant??? Who are the people? Was it noticed by TD or the judge??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther