Bosma Murder Trial 05.20.16 - Day 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say that all of the passes of the truck similar to TB's which are seen in the SS video have cab roof lights, can you?

Michael Plaxton said they did -- and chrome wheels and chrome running boards. He agreed they shared the three distinctive characteristics of the Bosma truck when questioned by Pillay.

I can't say that all of the passes of the truck similar to TB's which are seen in the SS video have cab roof lights, can you?

The running lights become visible in the last few frames just as the truck(s) leaves the field of view.
The more I look at these images the more convinced I am that this is exactly the same truck.

running_lights_N1.JPGrunning_lights_N2.JPG

Can the lights on top be turned off? If so, wouldn't they have turned them off when returning to the Yukon?

These guys aren't exactly masterminds. DM 'hides' the car at his mom's but leaves the key on the keychain he's carrying when arrested. I doubt they'd even think of it.

It appears they have them turned off at Branford Bobcat. Ugh, the emotional yo yo with all this!
These guys aren't exactly masterminds. DM 'hides' the car at his mom's but leaves the key on the keychain he's carrying when arrested. I doubt they'd even think of it.

29% meet the exact criteria. Seems quite common on to me given there are 12 color options. 8 of these colors could appear black in the dark. I drive a black RAM so notice it's the most common color. I've gone months without washing it and if looks shiny.

Sorry, I am missing something here. Are you saying 29% of Dodge Ram 3500s from that year (or similar) were black, had a single axle, chrome running boards, chrome rims AND running lights? Or are you saying that 29% had the options discussed?

Either way, that is less than one third with the same features.

A good buddy of mine owns a Chrysler dealership, and I buy my vehicles from him. We just bought my wife's Journey Blacktop from him. I'll check in with him and see about those numbers.

I won't get into semantics about colours of the truck. The trucks in those pictures Oreck posted look IDENTICAL and black. The only colours even remotely close to black in the dark would be the electric or pearl blues. I have no idea what the others colours you refer to could be....

It's a reach. Sure, it COULD be another black (or dark blue) Dodge single axel with chrome running boards, chrome rims and running lights (in your own words, a 29% chance) happening to be on the same remote road, on the same night at the same time, just as TB is being kidnapped and murdered on a test drive in an exact same truck?

What would you say the odds of that are? 90 unlikely? 95? 99?

Now what are the odds MS, a thief, a ****, a drug addict and an alleged murderer, is telling the truth about what happened?

I am being so adamant about this because those trucks don't look similar. They look spot-on identical.

You know my car isnt the cleanest but it doesn't look like this. I'd be embarrassed to pick up a girl in this car. And I've never dated a guy with a car like this.. Most young guys take pride in their "rides"., piece of trash like the owner? Sorry couldn't resist

My thoughts exactly! That truck is gross and I wouldn't let my dog inside of it.

29% that had been mentioned here as listed for sale. Believe me, I would love to see both of them locked up for life! But, it can't be an emotional decision. I keep going back and forth, and I hate that I believe MS story.
Sorry, I am missing something here. Are you saying 29% of Dodge Ram 3500s from that year (or similar) were black, had a single axle, chrome running boards, chrome rims AND running lights? Or are you saying that 29% had the options discussed?

Either way, that is less than one third with the same features.

A good buddy of mine owns a Chrysler dealership, and I buy my vehicles from him. We just bought my wife's Journey Blacktop from him. I'll check in with him and see about those numbers.

I won't get into semantics about colours of the truck. The trucks in those pictures Oreck posted look IDENTICAL and black. The only colours even remotely close to black in the dark would be the electric or pearl blues. I have no idea what the others colours you refer to could be....

It's a reach. Sure, it COULD be another black (or dark blue) Dodge single axel with chrome running boards, chrome rims and running lights (in your own words, a 29% chance) happening to be on the same remote road, on the same night at the same time, just as TB is being kidnapped and murdered on a test drive in an exact same truck?

What would you say the odds of that are? 90 unlikely? 95? 99?

Now what are the odds MS, a thief, a ****, a drug addict and an alleged murderer, is telling the truth about what happened?

I am being so adamant about this because those trucks don't look similar. They look spot-on identical.

I agree with this, but....Stopping at the side of the road to change plates also really increases the odds of being caught. LE sees someone changing plates at the side of the road, or messing with the plates and they're likely to have a longer look. Following Tim's Ram fairly closely with the Yukon at a legal speed would have been the best way to avoid detection.

I think the plate story is a tough call to decide whether it's true or not.

It doesn't sound like a big deal though. What would the point be to lie? One thing that surprises me is the flat head screws . All my plates have been attached with hex head bolts. I know flat head screws are sometimes used though.

29% that had been mentioned here as listed for sale. Believe me, I would love to see both of them locked up for life! But, it can't be an emotional decision. I keep going back and forth, and I hate that I believe MS story.

Fair enough. It's emotional for everyone, I think. I'm a Hamilton boy myself (although not there anymore). We all have our theories and opinions.

MS just seems to come out too clean in all of this. Something isn't jiving with me and, quite frankly, I think it is outright lying about what happened that night leading up to the murder.

When you say you believe the MS story, do you put all the previous trial evidence out of your mind?

For example, do you forget or dismiss Marlena's testimony about the celebratory mood in the car?

Do you ignore or minimize the sausage frying and fireside furniture texts sent by MS?

Do you dismiss AM's story about how Mark told him to get the thing from Hagerman?

Do you ignore what MS's mother told police about how when Millard was arrested, Smich was concerned he would never get his car?

Do you forget Daly's testimony about how MS was just fine that week until DM was arrested and his mood changed?

Do you ignore the fact that MS has no explanation for his disappeared SIM cards?

Do you think his total gun amnesia story is realistic?

Do you take into account that this is about the only story he can tell to have any hope at all of getting off?

Does MS's testimony trump everything for you? And if so, how is that not an "emotional decision"?

It appears they have them turned off at Branford Bobcat. Ugh, the emotional yo yo with all this!

Good catch. It looks like they are off when they pulled into Bobcat, and they are back on when they leave.

I don't think the truck in the 9:05 and 9:15 videos WAS relevant to the Crown's case at all. They are obviously much more concerned in the 8:46 and 9:20 videos, for obvious reasons.

For everyone else, the 9:05 and 9:15 videos, are very important discussion points. If that is indeed TB's truck, then MS is lying about his story. And if he is lying about his story, he is probably lying about who pulled the trigger. I would say the Crown, and the jury, would be very interested in knowing that, now that MS is telling his version of what happened.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts....

MS could very well be lying without being the trigger man. His argument is that he was not present during the shooting so that he will not be guilty of 1st degree murder during commission of the theft. He also wants to place himself elsewhere so that he can pretend he had no knowledge that it would happen because premeditation would also be 1st degree. He conveniently leaves it open where the shooting actually happened, near Trinity or at Bobcat. If it happened near Bobcat, we have to wonder how they got that far with TB alive. If it happened at Trinity then MS has to make sure he can't be proven present which means he needs to come up with a reason to exit the vehicle within a minute of jumping in, making us wonder what he was there for. Neither of those scenarios seem logical.
If they were planning to return later from a mere test drive, there was no crew waiting in the wings for a mission the way the operation use to happen.
I think both of these guys are murderous liars.

I've moved some posts over to the Weekend Discussion thread here

This thread is now closed.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads