TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know...

Both were having affairs.

MB was acting different in weeks prior to incident.

MB did not attend Anytime Fitness two weeks prior to incident but had previously for 3 yrs straight.

MB and CW exchanged intimate texts that were deleted and LinkedIn messages from Jan 2016 to time of incident.

MB received a "creepy" message from an unknown guy via LinkedIn 3 days prior.

The perp knew MB well enough to know her schedule, arrival times, strength, etc.

Per Seriously?, MB was not killed at or nor her home.

Anything standing out to anyone besides me? Affairs is a big reason some murders happen but not always at the spouses hands nor wife/girlfriends. Scorned lovers and those with big things to lose also resort to violence. Why did MB quit going to the gym? Why was her behavior different two weeks prior? Did an affair fall apart?

Or did she have a stalker?

I find it amazing in today's law enforcement where we have advances in DNA and other trace evidence that we can have video and yet no arrest. But LE has surveillance video in the Jennifer Kesse and Peggy McGuire cases and it is really not doing much good there either.

I thought we'd see an arrest or other action after this last weekend, but nothing yet.

Dual affairs were cited in the search warrants, on NG's Missy special, and last week during Tricia's podcast, Pete Schulte confirmed he had knowledge of affairs on both sides of the marriage.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

"The warrants also say Terri "Missy" Bevers, 45, was having marital and financial problems, and that messages between her and her husband referred to extramarital affairs."

https://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Link to podcast with Peter Schulte: Pete is licensed as an attorney and counselor at law in the States of Texas and Colorado. His practice focuses on the areas of Criminal Defense, Family Law, Administrative & Elections Law (including Ethics Commission Rules & Regulations), and Personal Criminal History Information Management (Non-Disclosures & Expunctions in Texas and Seals/Expunctions in Colorado).

http://www.peteschulte.com/

PS mentioned the SWs as his source.
Which respectfully there have been pages of posts with interpretations of wording from the SW. So if this guest interpreted it in one direction, IMO it doesn't mean that it is factual.

(Not aimed at you GA peach, Ty for posting the source info)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

PS mentioned the SWs as his source.

With respect, the SWs did not state this. PS was giving his opinion on the information in the SW. That was not MSM, nor was it LE -- that was one person's speculation.

I may be way far behind on this, but has anyone came forward and admitted to an affair with MB. Someone with a potential spouse or significant other. Everything about the viciousness of this crime screams to me that it was a woman's rage behind this

I may be way far behind on this, but has anyone came forward and admitted to an affair with MB. Someone with a potential spouse or significant other. Everything about the viciousness of this crime screams to me that it was a woman's rage behind this

I agree with your assessment of the crime as being brutal and savage and angry.

My Own Take On it

Which respectfully there have been pages of posts with interpretations of wording from the SW. So if this guest interpreted it in one direction, IMO it doesn't mean that it is factual.

I believe the SW mentioned extramarital relationships (plural), which can refer to:

MB having an affair (singular) + BB having an affair (singular) = plural
Or either (or both) having multiple affairs

Did the "flirtatious" message = affair? I don't think we know for sure.... Just my opinion.

If BB was also having an affair, could it not be whoever he was involved with? Just doing it to get MB out of the way. I kind of see that as more likely than the spouse of whoever MB was having an affair with, JMO.

In regards to who was having affairs with who... for anyone interested in the FACTS and not perpetuating a game of telephone.. the ONLY official information we have about this subject is the search warrants from LE:

this one, which sought information about the ten target numbers https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138/ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25

states this: "A portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as
well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified Target Numbers."

The only thing that this confirms is that there were multiple relationships. People have time and again taken this to mean BOTH MB and BB were having affairs. The SW does not explicitly or implicitly state this. It may be that they were both. It may be that one was having multiple affairs. It may be that the other was having multiple affairs. WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW from what LE has told us in this SW.

The other SW, into CW's Linkedin activity, which can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-10&p=12528313#post12528313 contains this statement:

"Additionally, law enforcement has identified another person of interest through evidence
gathered and an interview was conducted. This person of interest confirmed that they
had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the Linkedln
Social Media Service some time starting around (January 2016) until her death that
ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar"

This may be taken as evidence of an extramarital relationship between MB and the person of interest in this SW.

With respect, those two pieces of information are the only official information we have on the subject.

Opinion from Peter Schulte, as nice as he may be, is not fact.
Opinion from Nancy Grace, as explosively bombshellious as she may be, is not fact.
Rumours from locals, as salacious as it may be, is not fact.

In regards to who was having affairs with who... for anyone interested in the FACTS and not perpetuating a game of telephone.. the ONLY official information we have about this subject is the search warrants from LE:

this one, which sought information about the ten target numbers https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138/ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25

states this: "A portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as
well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified Target Numbers."

The only thing that this confirms is that there were multiple relationships. People have time and again taken this to mean BOTH MB and BB were having affairs. The SW does not explicitly or implicitly state this. It may be that they were both. It may be that one was having multiple affairs. It may be that the other was having multiple affairs. WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW from what LE has told us in this SW.

The other SW, into CW's Linkedin activity, which can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-10&p=12528313#post12528313 contains this statement:

"Additionally, law enforcement has identified another person of interest through evidence
gathered and an interview was conducted. This person of interest confirmed that they
had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the Linkedln
Social Media Service some time starting around (January 2016) until her death that
ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar"

This may be taken as evidence of an extramarital relationship between MB and the person of interest in this SW.

With respect, those two pieces of information are the only official information we have on the subject.

Opinion from Peter Schulte, as nice as he may be, is not fact.
Opinion from Nancy Grace, as explosively bombshellious as she may be, is not fact.
Rumours from locals, as salacious as it may be, is not fact.

The search warrant says RELATIONSHIP(S), not relationships. There may be one relationship or more. The "(s)" structure is known as an "optional plural". It denotes "one or more".

I believe the SW mentioned extramarital relationships (plural), which can refer to:

MB having an affair (singular) + BB having an affair (singular) = plural
Or either (or both) having multiple affairs

Did the "flirtatious" message = affair? I don't think we know for sure.... Just my opinion.

The Search Warrant said: “intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage.”

The use of the (s) after "relationship" means that it could be one relationship OR more than one.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...l-Struggles-and-Creepy-Message-378304041.html

The search warrant says RELATIONSHIP(S), not relationships. There may be one relationship or more. The "(s)" structure is known as an "optional plural". It denotes "one or more".

thanks. you're right. that is an important clarification. There is not even official confirmation of more than one affair.

I read up on the murder of Betty Gore at the hands of her husband's ex-lover back in the 80s (someone in the last thread mentioned it).

It thoroughly creeped me out and made me think about how sometimes the last person you expect to be guilty has done unthinkable things. The fact that Candy Montgomery cleaned herself up in BG's bathroom and then went on to teach a vacation bible school class after brutally attacking her with an axe 41 times is beyond disturbing.

The fact that a jury found this woman not guilty and believed her nonsense story about self-defense and hypnosis is even more disturbing than that.

Dual affairs were cited in the search warrants, on NG's Missy special, and last week during Tricia's podcast, Pete Schulte confirmed he had knowledge of affairs on both sides of the marriage.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-ch...issy-bevers-received-creepy-linkedin-message/

"The warrants also say Terri "Missy" Bevers, 45, was having marital and financial problems, and that messages between her and her husband referred to extramarital affairs."

https://www.spreaker.com/user/triciag

Link to podcast with Peter Schulte: Pete is licensed as an attorney and counselor at law in the States of Texas and Colorado. His practice focuses on the areas of Criminal Defense, Family Law, Administrative & Elections Law (including Ethics Commission Rules & Regulations), and Personal Criminal History Information Management (Non-Disclosures & Expunctions in Texas and Seals/Expunctions in Colorado).

http://www.peteschulte.com/

This is correct.

Again I agree. There have been many differing opinions on what the language in the SW actually means, and I don't have an opinion on the matter.

I appreciate that you recognized that I was just the messenger. Thank you.

With respect, the SWs did not state this. PS was giving his opinion on the information in the SW. That was not MSM, nor was it LE -- that was one person's speculation.

Just to be clear, I never said that the SWs did state this. However, many people, including PS, have referenced the SWs as their source for believing both parties were engaged in extramarital relationships. Hopefully, we can get this case to trial and find out the true meaning.

The Search Warrant said: “intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage.”

The use of the (s) after "relationship" means that it could be one relationship or more than one.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/La...l-Struggles-and-Creepy-Message-378304041.html

Yes.

This has always irked me, Everyone from day one has speculated that Missy had affairs, yet when is brought up that the plural form in SW warrant that BB was having an affair everyone says woah woah woah. I guess unfortunatly the deceased have no voice

The use of the (s) after "relationship" means that it could be one relationship OR more than one.

Right, but that doesn't mean that multiple people must have been having relationships with others, though that might be the case. It could well be that one person was having multiple relationships, meaning with more than one person, on his or her own. I offer no opinion on where the chips fall in this.

Right, but that doesn't mean that multiple people must have been having relationships with others, though that might be the case. It could well be that one person was having multiple relationships, meaning with more than one person, on his or her own. I offer no opinion on where the chips fall in this.

Correct. I was a little surprised that Peter Schulte, being an experienced investigator and attorney, seemingly jumped to the conclusion of plural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear