TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, but that just leads further credence to this being personal. Very personal. If a gun was used, why not shoot Missy as she was getting in her truck? IMO, that's what a professional would have done. There wouldn't have been cameras. There wouldn't have been a need to hang around the crime scene for an extended period of time.

If killed while getting into her truck at home, I thought about the possibility that the perp knew of nearby homes in the neighborhood that had outside surveillance cameras, and didn't want to risk that.

When the pastor's wife in Indianapolis was murdered this winter, that is how the perps were identified--neighbors had outside cameras.

Good points. He could also have or have had a C-spine injury. Sometimes an abnormal gait or even below-the-waist paralysis begins in the C-spine. I wonder if he ever wore a halo.

What drives me batty is that his abnormal gait is not uniformly bilateral, or clearly unilateral, and the more I watch the video and BratBat's Gifs the more it looks like both legs have an abnormal step pattern, but it is two different problems. When I want to say it is the outcome of an accident, then it could also be a disease process. Batty!

I don't know how to upload a youtube, but this one is produced by a medical school. The actor is a healthy person, probably a student, depicting 6 abnormal gaits (5 of them are unilateral). In #1 Tredelenburg, he chose to tip his torso toward the dipped hip, but in other videos of real patients they tip their torso the opposite direction, and in one awful case the poor man tipping right and left all over. Check out the 4th gait Iliosoasi/Abductors for the right foot duck walk. And #3 Vasti. SwatPerp is doing all of these (except #5) LOL.

youtube=Q98WKpwIpkE

Interesting. I will have to rewatch it some more.

I agree his/her walk is funny but was wondering if it was just do to the leg armor they had on. But it could be more than that too since a lot of people do think the perp has a funny walk.

I did notice in one of the clips that his/her toes were kind of pointing outward and seemed like a waddle type walk. Wondering if all that leg armor padding would cause that or if there is more to it.

If the person did have some sort of walking issue it may explain why they felt the need to have on all the body type armor to make sure they won the confrontation.

The more this case goes into months of being unsolved- I ask those same questions. If in fact LE's statements that it was not caught on camera is true. Here today I am back and forth on male/female. I still feel there is some camp or church connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flip flopped as well, and today I am back to male, the wide stride of the gait as well as the jimmying of the door, tell me male. Maybe tomorrow I will see female. I see a slight effeminate stance, but males can stand like that as well.

Besides an ice climbing ice pick thingy the hammer could have also been a masonary or brick layers hammer. Those types of hammers are used to chip bricks and rocks when doing masonary work.

It sure looked stainless steel the hammer thing he had. Similar to one below.
I suppose it could have been a firemans tool also

http://www.bontool.com/product1.asp?P=B11-532

What a way to die ~ feeling sad for Missy :(

Checking up on her? IMO it appeared that they both knew each other were having relationship(s) outside the marriage so I am not inclined to think that was what he was doing. Maybe between the first call to her and then the second call he got to thinking what could happen and wanted to warn her, to tell her he loved her but couldn't bring himself to say something besides "I love you" IMO maybe he learned of an altercation pending and brushed it off like no he/she wouldn't do that. I think there is more to know here and of course we are not privy to what LE knows - rightfully so. IMO MOO I am not accusing anyone, just brainstorming.

Agreed. There is sooooo much we do not know. But I bet LE does.....Hopefully

I have posted about the Arlington gun store robbery before and wanted to bring this up again for your comments.

Please review the surveillance footage of the Arlington gun store robbery here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article70589962.html

Note the following:

1. Arlington gun store robbery occurred 11 days prior to Missy Bever's murder
2. Approximately 30 miles distance between gun store and Creekside Church
3. Suspects in the Arlington robbery are still at large (to be verified)
4. Possibility of gun used in Missy's murder
5. Assistance of ATF and FBI in Missy's murder investigation
6. SP's left hand object similar to part/attachment of firearm in gun robbery suspect's left hand (refer to :56 mark in gun store video)
7. SP's turned out feet similar to gun robbery suspect's turned out feet :)22 to :30)

I have posted about the Arlington gun store robbery before and wanted to bring this up again for your comments.

Please review the surveillance footage of the Arlington gun store robbery here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article70589962.html

Note the following:

6. SP's left hand object similar to part/attachment of firearm in gun robbery suspect's left hand (refer to :56 mark in gun store video)
7. SP's turned out feet similar to gun robbery suspect's turned out feet :)22 to :30)

If it is indeed the same person, and if LE knows their identity, I seriously think there would have been an arrest. jmo

Good points. He could also have or have had a C-spine injury. Sometimes an abnormal gait or even below-the-waist paralysis begins in the C-spine. I wonder if he ever wore a halo.

What drives me batty is that his abnormal gait is not uniformly bilateral, or clearly unilateral, and the more I watch the video and BratBat's Gifs the more it looks like both legs have an abnormal step pattern, but it is two different problems. When I want to say it is the outcome of an accident, then it could also be a disease process. Batty!

I don't know how to upload a youtube, but this one is produced by a medical school. The actor is a healthy person, probably a student, depicting 6 abnormal gaits (5 of them are unilateral). In #1 Tredelenburg, he chose to tip his torso toward the dipped hip, but in other videos of real patients they tip their torso the opposite direction, and in one awful case the poor man tipping right and left all over. Check out the 4th gait Iliosoasi/Abductors for the right foot duck walk. And #3 Vasti. SwatPerp is doing all of these (except #5) LOL.

youtube=Q98WKpwIpkE

Thanks for the link. This is really fascinating stuff.

I just wanted to mention that in my animation, the subject is only taking a few strides on an endless loop. Do you think it's possible to diagnose specific abnormalities/injuries just from a few steps? The sequence where he's walking towards the camera, the last two strides he is turning his head then beginning to turn into the portico to the auditorium while simultaneously lifting his left arm. I think I might add a few more frames to that animation, so the switch in direction and shifting weight into the turn is more apparent.

attachment.php

Attachments

• away2.gif
    away2.gif
    389 KB · Views: 335
Thank you so much for your work. I have so much to say on both the Gif's and have been putting off a long post. Couple of points that apply to both the Back and Forward Gif's:

1. Foward Gif: The left foot lands heel-to-toe (normal), and the next step the left foot lands flat (abnormal). In the Back Gif, the same thing happens but first comes the flat foot landing, and then the heel-to-toe.

2. Whichever arm carries the hammer (tool) loses it's swing, mostly the backswing. In the Back Gif, the left arm no longer swings adequately. In the Forward Gif, it's the right arm.

3. In the Forward Gif, it is easier to see that the hip joints are laterally rotated (out) affecting each whole leg.
4. Both Gifs, the left foot pushoff is weak/inadequate (when the left foot is in the rear).
5. I do not see the torso bend to either side notably (in compensation for poor gait).
6. I do not see either shoulder dip laterally notably (in compensation for poor gait).

The right "Alien" is going to fast and his gait looks less similar to SP than the left "Alien". IMO :)

This looks like the closest thing I have seen so far (besides the door push bar) Interesting! :thinking:

IMO

What bugs me is LE could already know what the object is. Don't they know they're supposed to inform us of these things? ;)

The right "Alien" is going to fast and his gait looks less similar to SP than the left "Alien". IMO :)

I should try to match the framerate more accurately to the video. That's an important thing, I think. Thanks for pointing this out!

Note the following:

That's interesting. I do agree his feet is turned out similar although not sure if maybe that is more common than we may think or not.

The object is interesting and I agree that also looks somewhat similar to one of the objects we were discussing.

I tried to find out the name of the business but could not find out what it was. I was trying to find out if the business sold police gear like the guy was wearing. The other store where the car was seen did not sell police type gear like the person had on.

If this store or business sold a police vest or other garments that the perp had on then I would be more inclined to think it could be same perp(s).

Good thinking though as these crooks in this robbery sure were bold to pull off that robbery. So they seem the type that could do something like what happened to her.

Interesting. I will have to rewatch it some more.

I agree his/her walk is funny but was wondering if it was just do to the leg armor they had on. But it could be more than that too since a lot of people do think the perp has a funny walk.

I did notice in one of the clips that his/her toes were kind of pointing outward and seemed like a waddle type walk. Wondering if all that leg armor padding would cause that or if there is more to it.

If the person did have some sort of walking issue it may explain why they felt the need to have on all the body type armor to make sure they won the confrontation.

Ive also speculated his gait could be affected as a result of using lifts inside his boots. Jmo

--it was referenced ( on a NG episode) that this particular trip was to the Chandeleur Islands, looking up the charters there, it's quite expensive (although I believe we heard his trip was paid for by someone or other) so I would agree that this was a "special" fishing trip.

--also, looking at the info re: available charters, I find it hard to believe that he would think that there would be no way of contacting him once they set out on the water.

--reference to the Chandeleur Islands here:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/04/ng.01.html

RBBM. I am adding that to the category Contradictory statements. He has been fishing many times. It is absurd that he said it's a good thing they caught himbefore he left because no one would be able to reach him since charter boats have mandatory radio capability.

What bugs me is LE could already know what the object is. Don't they know they're supposed to inform us of these things? ;)

:) It sure would help to know more and to know what injuries she sustained.

I am beginning to agree with others that LE may already have a suspect in mind and just trying to get more evidence to be able to charge them.

Its so frustrating with all the video footage we see in most crimes. The quality needs to be the best that is available. I know shop owners and store owners may not want to invest too much money but all these videos are proving that if you put up surveillance cameras you really should get the best that is out there.

That's interesting. I do agree his feet is turned out similar although not sure if maybe that is more common than we may think or not.

The object is interesting and I agree that also looks somewhat similar to one of the objects we were discussing.

Referencing this item in the Arlington gun robbery suspect's hand, is there anyone familiar with guns/rifles who can identify this object?

attachment.php

From Arlington gun robbery surveillance video: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article70589962.html

Attachments

• firearm attachment.png
    firearm attachment.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 380
Originally Posted by okie_dokie I have an indirect connection to a church leader. I may be able to get access if they are willing to assist. Before I contact him, what questions would we be trying to get answers to?
1) indoor frame height
2) ???

==========================================================================

Hey, o_d,
This is wonderful. Hope it's not to late to add to wish list.

Are ext door heights same as interior door heights? Sometimes ext's are higher, esp in 'main entrance' or loading areas.

What is the square size in the wide hall floor (looks like big tile, but may be polished concrete, w bricks inset, forming squares/tile appearance?) ?
I was trying to use the square size on floor to gauge the size of something else (cannot now remember specifically what).
Not all have inset squares. Which floors have squares? Which do not? Can you or friend mark it on ArkansasMimi's floorplan?

Am a day behind on this thread, sorry if already covered or too much trouble. Thx in adv.

I'm confused on this. If this crime scene was cleaned and released already, would the cleaning agents not interfere with any such smell of gun powder or residue?

I suspect it would make it a lot more challenging, though I've heard those dogs can also do amazing work even with the scarcest of residue.

Do any of you Super Sleuths who looked at BB's Facebook remember seeing how he chronicled last year's fishing trip? He's said it was an annual trip. Thanks!
I'll see if my screenshots go back that far. (Remind me if I forget!)

I do not see a piece of glass, or SP left hand near the head at all; nor do I see a small cylinder-shaped flashlight, nor do I believe the object is held "cop style". To me, it looks like handgun-shaped object, held like a handgun, in the left hand. I think it resembles a semi-automatic. If you can enlarge this .gif, you will see that the object in the left hand does not flash as SP approaches the door. When I test this WS thumbnail by opening in a new tab and enlarging to 300% (Firefox), that isn't enough, SP is less than 2 inches tall on my screen. I can see it in a picture viewer on my computer where SP is 9 inches tall on my screen.
When I did this (multiple times and views, and comparing to the longer video where I could see the motion of his left arm prior to your gif), what I saw was a bent left elbow with fist swinging up almost to jaw level (faint light area in photo where top of fist is) and then when you freeze the frame, you can see that the projection sticks out parallel to the floor at the jawline. So to me it looks like he's holding something no bigger in diameter than a flashlite in an LE-style grip, with the 'action end' coming out the pinky side of the hand. It would be quite awkward to hold a gun this way (and particularly ineffective if SP is right-handed). And JMO, but all the dominant-hand action I've seen on the video (doorknob checking, hammering) makes me lean towards SP being right-handed.

image.jpg

Yeah it's pretty small for me too. I just assumed it was a flashlight because I see an overhand grip when watch it. It could be anything really, at that resolution.

I have held my share of handguns, and I'd think it would be very difficult to hold a handgun that high, that close to the chest, and pointing forward. I would also not be confident holding any handgun in my non-dominant hand. Do you think he might be left handed, Sandy?

attachment.php

Yes, you said it better than I, Batbrat. :)

So very respectfully snipped for space and focus; however, the information contained within the snipped portion was fascinating read. I do believe I heard a standing ovation from this crowd for a remarkable job well done.

Someone mentioned that a real tactical vest like the one the SWATPERP is wearing would cost around $3000. Since you have identified an exact replica of the tactical vest, Batbrat, would you agree that is the approximate cost of the vest? I also understand that this particular type gear cannot be purchased even online by the general public. Is that correct, also?
If those two things are true then, we have a killer who is
  • a real life LEO, or similar employee, with access to SWAT tactical vests or
  • a killer who borrowed or stole the expensive tactical vest that appears to be brand new
I'm getting the most uncomfortable feeling that this case involves much more danger than I initially suspected. My favorite hat is off to everyone who has offered thoughts, opinions, suggestions, research, deductive reasoning, links, graphics, intelligent, and sometimes humorous, discussions. Good work, Team!

#Justice For Missy

I share a bit of your discomfort...while I've seen these items for sale on the Internet, I'm not ruling out that SP had access to them (borrowed, stolen). Not saying I think SP was LE...but IF this case is related to the dirty cop arrests, then it would certainly be feasible that SP could be supplied with genuine gear. JMO...

If I found out something nefarious regarding guns, the first person I would go to would be my husband. We would contact the police together and my husband would know every detail of what I knew. JMO

That was my thought as well. To go a step further, I would think those committing the crime would assume I told my husband or someone close. I can't imagine they would be willing to go to the lengths of setting up a large, elaborate murder to keep the information from getting out, but make the assumption that MB never told a single person.

Yes, and this is why I think this case, if related, is NOT about Missy discovering something about stolen guns. JMO, but Missy, in her profession, was much more likely to discover something about illegal drug or steroid use (and steroids were also found and confiscated from Slaughter's mobile home). From the sound of things, there was likely illegal gun AND drug trafficking going on with this dirty cop (and maybe others). He had access to the evidence room and all that mIght be in there, which would include illegal drugs confiscated during drug busts. (There have been several drugs busts just in the last 12 months in Ellis county.) Because the two crimes overlap and may be an intricate county-wide web, what Missy may have discovered about someone's drug use (say, for example, a teenager at the gym). Such a discovery may seem innocuous by comparison to discovering a stolen gun ring, so you might not think right away it could be linked to something bigger like a dirty cop/gun and drug ring problem. But if this teen was someone local who she knew, she may have struggled on a personal level about reporting him to LE...who knows, she may have even just called (or contemplated calling) the kid's parents, instead. Or maybe she just confronted the kid on a personal level. The question is, though...if Missy knew of something illegal, where did that knowledge go? If I were her and discovered a nefarious stolen gun ring going on, I'd consider reporting it to multiple authorities, personally (if it were connected to local dirty cops) including the ATF. But if I were Missy and I discovered a kid I knew at the gym using illegal drugs in an attempt to boost athletic performance, I'd consider talking to him, first (if I knew him well), and (depending) possibly telling his parents. (Though not if I had reason to believe they also might be involved.)

Hypothetically speaking, this is the sort of discovery and personal struggle that would make me go quiet for a few weeks, and also make me avoid the gym...just saying.

I can't get over that the heels of the person in the video almost touch with each step. To me that's what makes the "walk" appear to be awkward and unsteady.

YES! That heel/toe loping is very distinctive, and while I see a surprising number of people walking with a foot 'turnout', I don't as often see it in conjunction with a forward pelvic tilt and an almost affected-looking heel/toe stride. Especially because this person's stride is not small and prissy - it's rather long for a person with short limbs. I see this SP as having a male torso (broad shoulders, narrower waist), but with proportionately short legs and arms - noticeable when he bends his arms, in particular.

image.jpg

Thanks for the link. This is really fascinating stuff.

I just wanted to mention that in my animation, the subject is only taking a few strides on an endless loop. Do you think it's possible to diagnose specific abnormalities/injuries just from a few steps? The sequence where he's walking towards the camera, the last two strides he is turning his head then beginning to turn into the portico to the auditorium while simultaneously lifting his left arm. I think I might add a few more frames to that animation, so the switch in direction and shifting weight into the turn is more apparent.
1. No, I do not think we have enough video or the capability to diagnose SP's problem. BUT, LE did specifiy their opinion in the AT&T Target Numbers SW page 8: "...The footage also indicates that the suspect has a distinct walk that is indicative of some type of injury which effects the right leg/foot. ..." This is what they chose to release to the public. For the public to limit their thoughts to a suspect who broke their foot two years ago is.. inadequate.

2. I stood back and watched your Back Gif again. Changing my observation - as the body weight is on the right foot (moment of hellstrike of right foot, which looks to be placed flat footed), the torso does dip to the left (shoulder), #1 as the Back Gif first opens, and #2 in the next step, but then it is not noted in the #3 final step. I cannot see this movement in the Front Gif. SP refuses to comply with textbook explanations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173